Westworld, Season 2 (no outside theories!)

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
“This company is hemorrhaging money.”

*lights another match*

The Adventure Starts Here!
You just asked a question I was going to. The torching of the room per William's orders which destroys everything, as William was seemingly tired of going through the same disappointment time-and-again. Yet we see that William has a conversation with Delos and says he's tired of trying to bring Delos back and failing to do so. So he says it would best to observe the degradation of Delos and learn from it. So, I was thinking that the degradation took a long time and it's how Bernard and Elsie found him, with his face all cut up. But now, I'm not so sure which takes place first---his torching or how Bernard and Elsie find him? And is it like Austruck says---did they continually torch the room and recreate it or just the once?
The first time we see the room torched is when William is still young. Older William/MIB goes into what looks like an identical room, so they must be rebuilding it every time.

WHICH IS JUST STUPID. At one point they said the Delos-synth was up to Day 35, so if you do the math over 30 years of repeating this process to try to get him to work properly, that means they have to have a TON of the same vases, dishes, sheets, books...EVERYTHING. It's just something that looked cool but really made no sense in terms of what would likely happen if this were real.

Thanks for that, Austruck. After I posted my question, I thought for a minute that the young William might have ordered the room torched, but then I said, "Naahhh!" This show is great, but it definitely has me doubting myself sometimes.

Confession: Shogun World has been my number 1 reason to stick with the season. :/

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Confession: Shogun World has been my number 1 reason to stick with the season. :/
Has been? Past tense?
Bit disappointed tonight, myself, either way. Eager to see MIB and Bernard's story lines play out, but quickly fading out with Dolores and Maeve.

Yeah, it’s getting to be that I’m thinking I should wait for the whole season to be up for streaming, maybe binging this will help clear some things up (it seemed to have help others with the first one.)

It’s funny how this season is sort of a reversal of #1, where I found the William/MIB story a drag and Dolores’ quest for sentience more pressing. I like the world building they’ve done with the outside of the park but EWR’s performance as Wyatt is not engaging at all. I was also hoping they’d ditch the whole “three days ride out towards the truth” thing.

As for tonight’s episode... eh.

I thought the episode had its moments, but wasn't what I was expecting. I do wonder why we didn't see any guests at all in Shogun World, though. (Did we? It seems as if that aspect of the situation was completely overlooked. Will have to rewatch.)

But I admit I'm finding Dolores's rampage a little tedious. And Maeve doesn't seem to be on much of a quest at the moment. She keeps mentioning finding her daughter but that journey's just a big, hot mess of meandering.

Still feels too much like we're wandering around and getting in as much carnage as we can while we're at it... with some interesting timeline switch-ups with Bernard and Dolores along the way.

Armistice + Hanaryo is the best tho.

Edit: oh, and story douche delivered the best line of the season thus far: “S**t, ninjas!”

Armistice + Hanaryo is the best tho.

Edit: oh, and story douche delivered the best line of the season thus far: “S**t, ninjas!”
Ha! Definitely agree on the best line, especially since he, as the writer, would certainly know there were ninjas there.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I liked this episode and the doppel-bots was an interesting addition.

The production value of this show is top-notch, my issue is with Maeve. Is she now just going to be like Johansson from Lucy? That seems to be the direction they are going.

Suspect's Reviews

She does seem rather omniscient with that mind-transfer stuff. I get that she should be able to speak other languages since her upgrade, and even that her commands would be obeyed when heard. But are they going to start telling us she can *think* things and they'll be obeyed? Well, we'll see. It's just a little bit roundabout if her quest is to find her daughter. Surely she's now upgraded and smart enough to have found her by now...

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Spoilers...I’m on my phone so can’t do that cover up trick.

Just saw the latest episode. There’s a hive mind...is there a physical embodiment of it? Dolores...even Maeve yet she does not seem aware of it at this time but the timeline has me confused. Anyway food for thought. Only considered maeve because of her awesome new and exciting powers of mind control, webs and levitation.

Arnold. He’s not just a host. Ford made him a successful version of the “human mind transplant” we saw fail in the previous episode didn’t he? My thoughts anyway.....So what side will he be on? In terms of human v hosts.

That’s about it for me, the shows slowly unravelling which I love but honestly I couldn’t really tell you what’s going on lol. Still love it though.

Dawn of Obtusity.

I mean, MAYBE I'd buy Bluetooth, but honestly... no Wi-Fi is that good around here!

But seriously... I like where the season's finally going, although I wonder if that's the last we'll see of Shogun World. Will we see the two remaining hosts there defend the place at some point? Probably not. I'm going to do a rewatch to try to keep some of the Bernard timeline clear. I liked the small twists between Bernard and Dolores in this episode.

I mean, MAYBE I'd buy Bluetooth, but honestly... no Wi-Fi is that good around here!

But seriously... I like where the season's finally going, although I wonder if that's the last we'll see of Shogun World. Will we see the two remaining hosts there defend the place at some point? Probably not. I'm going to do a rewatch to try to keep some of the Bernard timeline clear. I liked the small twists between Bernard and Dolores in this episode.

Lol! Its so far in the future, wifi or Bluetooth seems reasonable to me. Well in the context of their world, which has fully functioning and thinking AI and self playing pianos. I mean can you imagine the technology needed for self playing pianos! haha.

Lol! Its so far in the future, wifi or Bluetooth seems reasonable to me. Well in the context of their world, which has fully functioning and thinking AI and self playing pianos. I mean can you imagine the technology needed for self playing pianos! haha.
Player pianos? What WILL they think of next?

Player Pianos

Player pianos? What WILL they think of next?

Player Pianos
Lol. Unbelievable!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Seriously. What follows is a winding rambly rant of I wonders and predictions.

Could she have access to the "hive" server referenced in the last EP? Just she's unaware and only slowly discovering she has back-door links to all the other hosts throughout the different worlds? Could that explain why she doesn't have need to verbalize her commands for others to act on them? None of the other hosts have the heightened awareness of their existences to even consider it? That it's being presented to us as some spiritual manifestation to hide the tech side of it?

Could it be that Dolores and Maeve are being setup similar to Brother Justin Crowe v Ben Hawkins in another HBO series, Carnivāle??? Dolores, like Brother Justin, believes she is doing some misguided sense of good, while Maeve develops unnatural gifts to complete her selfless quest to find her daughter, preparing her for a final confrontation?!?!?! Could our new, colder, Teddy shoot the daughter to make a point to change her mind (from whatever view Maeve may have that differs from Dolores---maybe like that she shouldn't feel emotion towards a "programmed" host daughter, that they are all just machines "here let me prove it" *rips daughter's red ball thingy out of her skull* "see?!"), sending Maeve over the edge killing the entire cast with a single thought!??!?!!?!?!?!?

=O

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear