Battlestar Galactica: Season 4

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Yeah, Yoda beat me to that answer. My guess is that the Final Five (really the first five?) are different but that those models do NOT have copies and that's because there is something "wrong" with them. Perhaps they were too sympathetic to humans (empathetic, perhaps), in ways the cylon powers that be didn't like.

Another explanation for Tigh/Adama might be Adama also being a cylon with implanted memories, but that would then mean Tigh has no one else in his life who remembers him younger -- which is a real stretch. Instead, this "final five rules are different" thing had to be added by the producers so that they could get around the obvious plot holes that would have developed when they chose characters to be cylons who were not cylons in their earlier envisionings.

Would it be feasible that the Final 5 are just simple clones? So they have all the real memories and are pretty much human?

Where would we be with out the Sci-Fi channel? Lost i tell you (no punn intended)

A little blurb I just ran across on Sci-fi wire:
Letterman To Host Battlestar Cast

Ten stars of SCI FI Channel's original series Battlestar Galactica will make an appearance on CBS' Late Show With David Letterman to present the Top 10 List on March 19.

They include Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Katee Sackhoff, Jamie Bamber, James Callis, Tricia Helfer, Grace Park, Michael Hogan, Aaron Douglas and Lucy Lawless. The show airs at 11:35 p.m. ET/PT.

The fourth season of Battlestar Galactica kicks off on March 28 at 10 p.m. ET/PT with two back-to-back half-hour specials, with the first new episode premiering the following week, April 4, at 10 p.m.
Sweet!

Nice double-find there! I didn't know about the two half-hour specials the week before the premiere.

Will TiVo Letterman too, just in case.

Lost in never never land
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=50594

Once the show is over, we will still get a little more BSG. They are doing a pre-mini-series, mini-series, that takes place fifty years before hand.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

You gotta love reason No.5!

Episode 1 of S4 is called : He that Believeth in Me
The title is a reference to John 11:25-26, which says: Jesus said unto her, "I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" (King James Bible)
I'm betting it rocks the "Baltar is Jesus" angle:

Course Baltar doesn't have the power to heal people so I'm being a tool. Although he did cure cancer that one time . . . . .

And Jesus had himself a beard (maybe)

Don’t forget: On March 28, a week before Season 4 arrives, the half-hour specials "Battlestar Galactica: Revisited" and "Battlestar Galactica: The Phenomenon" will air on
Sci Fi.

Plus there's Flight of the Conchords Battlestar Mashup on http://galacticasitrep.blogspot.com/...-are-dead.html

thebest, that's hilarious. I love FOTC ... what a great combo.

Can't wait for Friday! Just as Lost leaves me in the lurch for a month, BSG shows up. Yay!

Okay, the first episode has come and gone. I think the title of the episode has a dual meaning, of course: not just those who believe in Baltar as some sort of savior but also those who believe in Kara actually being alive and still being Kara.

As for me, I'm still on the fence about Kara. That brand-new ship is a puzzle, that's for sure, and how did she escape that explosion in the first place? I'm skeptical. But if she's the final cylon, then they're just making it too obvious and it'll be a letdown, methinks.

I *did* enjoy seeing the other four newly revealed cylons going about their business in a state of confusion and consternation. Awkwardness abounds for each of them, and not a little bit of identity crisis. That part's going to continue to be fun this season.

Am curious to see where they're going with this, but so far so good.

The Kara thing is very interesting. There are quite a few possibilites, some of which I was surprised to hear her reel off in front of Anders.

One of the ones that tickles me a bit, though I'm not sure if I think it's true, is that the Cylons have found a way to "copy" or "download" people much in the same way they copy/download themselves. After all, they've been struggling to find a way to reproduce biologically like human beings; perhaps they're also trying to find a way to allow humans to reproduce like cylons, too.

Anyway, I think we have to take it for granted that Starbuck's right. They may want us to think that, and if I were Roslin I would absolutely, positively think that Starbuck was some sort of breathing Trojan horse. But as a viewer, I think she's probably right.

That said, they better have something good up their sleeves. The copying thing might be satisfactory, but I'm having a lot of trouble with the whole explosion thing. I can buy that some sort of wormhole/time-distortion thing took place, but the explosion is a head-scratcher. And I'm surprised they didn't, you know, show her the tape. Or at least show us showing her the tape. Wouldn't that be the first thing they'd do?

Yeah, I thought the same thing about showing her the tape. When they replayed that tape with LEE watching it on a loop, I was sure we'd see Kara sitting there not him. That seems like a huge oversight, given how humans would normally react in a situation like that. If someone here was sure he'd been in a certain situation and I knew it to be otherwise -- and had video proof -- I'd surely whip out the ol' VCR and play it!

So, did something fake that explosion? Was it rigged to look like an explosion? Had she somehow already bailed? And, of course, most importantly, was the Hanso Corporation involved? (Oops, wrong show.)

Also, I too found it fun that she just rattled through pretty much every possibility and explanation for what might be going on. Made me wonder if the writers purposely did this to throw us off, or to at least let us know THEY know just how many roads this can lead us down ... before taking us down another.

However, I don't like the downloading-humans theory. They don't need to do that since we've known for a while that female cylons can get pregnant. And now we know that male cylons can impregnate humans. So why would they purpose a technology like this? They're running around destroying humans and yet they want to clone a few of them? And in particular why Kara? Do they know stuff about her (in terms of her "destiny" ideas)?

I think that theory's a stretch -- a bigger stretch than her simply being a cylon.

That said, they better have something good up their sleeves. The copying thing might be satisfactory, but I'm having a lot of trouble with the whole explosion thing. I can buy that some sort of wormhole/time-distortion thing took place, but the explosion is a head-scratcher. And I'm surprised they didn't, you know, show her the tape. Or at least show us showing her the tape. Wouldn't that be the first thing they'd do?
They do and here it is. Don't read this if don't want know what's going to happen.

The final five aren't Cylons they are humans. All humans are Cylons and all Cylons are humans (except for the big metal toaster guys). What we have been watching this entire show is a Cylon civil war. And their quest to find spirituality.

Yeah, wrap your head around that why don't you.

How far back do you need to catch up? There is that eight-minute thing on Sci-Fi's web site....

Also, PW, I skipped your post after "Don't read this".... Can you edit it and add spoiler tags if there are any real spoilers in that part (as opposed to your own theories based on just watching the shows, which are not spoilers per se)? I hate shielding my eyes from whole posts, not knowing which parts are spoilerish.

Well, i've seen it all bar newest episode, just can't seem to remember any of it. Feels years ago since it was on.