The Most Vllianous MoFo

Tools    

BANNED
Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
Theres nothing wrong with being a villian. You are quite the villian Django. At least the antagonist to the collective MoFo protagonist.

No need to feel alone though:

Django and his crew of villians-

Django, ringleader
Mr. Fong
Golgot (by his own admission)
and Sunfrog

Would that make you feel better? Less alone maybe?
Interesting that you put me in "league", so to speak, with Golgot and Sunfrog, purely, it seems, because they share my political views. As for Mr. Fong, no idea who he is! But your claim that I, along with these other three, share villain status on this forum really proves my point that we are being represented as villainous purely because of our political views. That make MoFo the real villain because it unjustly demonizes anyone who does not share the right-wing political views that seem to be the mainstream in here! Thus, I assert that MoFo is the true villain--an intolerant, prejudicial group of people who arbitrarily demonize anyone who happens not to agree with them! QED!

Incidentally, in my opinion, Golgot seems to be one of the most enlightened people in the forum, while Sunfrog seems to me to be a decent, conscientious fellow, and I feel honored to be grouped together with them. As for Mr. Fong, I know nothing about him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's a decent sort of guy too!

Fact is, when the mainstream is populated largely by narrow-minded, intolerant, prejudiced people, it stands to reason that progressive thinkers would be marginalized from and demonized by the mainstream. When Gracie mentioned my "Christopher Columbus" play, she might not have been far from the truth, ironically!

BANNED
Anyway, the facts are that I am a decent guy. If MoFo chooses to pick on me, for whatever reason, that doesn't make me a bad guy--either just misunderstood, or else the victim of irrational hostility.

Originally Posted by Django
Incidentally, in my opinion, Golgot seems to be one of the most enlightened people in the forum,
No offense to you Golgot but I do not agree with Djanjo on this point. I think that there maybe a lot of enlightened people here, they just would rather talk movies instead of politics etc.

Anyway, the facts are that I am a decent guy. If MoFo chooses to pick on me, for whatever reason, that doesn't make me a bad guy--either just misunderstood, or else the victim of irrational hostility.
You maybe a decent guy, I think you love to argue and that is fine, just lighten up, you are what you blame others of, Hostile,

My life isn't written very well.
Originally Posted by nebbit
No offense to you Golgot but I do not agree with Djanjo on this point. I think that there maybe a lot of enlightened people here, they just would rather talk movies instead of politics etc.
That indeed deserves some rep. Good post nebbit!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I agree with Nebbit.

If you would bother to notice Django, I added Golgot because he wanted to be a villian. But as usual, you corrupt the facts so that your points are easier to digest.

Sunfrog starts things he can't back up, and in some cases refuses to. Others he distorts the truth. This puts him in a league with you.

Mr. Fong doesn't seem to get along with anyone.

BANNED
Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
I agree with Nebbit.

If you would bother to notice Django, I added Golgot because he wanted to be a villian. But as usual, you corrupt the facts so that your points are easier to digest.

Sunfrog starts things he can't back up, and in some cases refuses to. Others he distorts the truth. This puts him in a league with you.

Mr. Fong doesn't seem to get along with anyone.
That's new! Golgot wanted to be a villain! I think he was just speaking tongue-in-cheek! He happens to be a respectable teacher, from what I gather, and, as such, is pretty undoubtedly a lot more enlightened than the majority of people in here.

As for Sunfrog starting things he can't back up, I can't comment on that. As for putting Sunfrog in league with me for that reason, I totally disagree with that. I always back up my claims, but I can't be bothered to get into endless arguments over trivialities--that's a waste of time.

You maybe a decent guy, I think you love to argue and that is fine, just lighten up, you are what you blame others of, Hostile
I have to disagree with that one, nebbit. I'm pretty light-hearted most of the time, and I don't love to argue at all. On the contrary, I do my best to avoid pointless arguments whenever I can. Also, I am not in the least bit hostile--rather I have been targeted with more than my share of irrational hostility, and I, personally, cannot understand where it comes from. Also, a lot of people out there just make up stuff about me--complete nonsense. Where does that come from? Who knows? Maybe someone's just bored or angry, so he goes around making baseless allegations and hostile accusations against me for no real reason. Does that make me a bad guy--just because they happen to say I am? Truth is, I don't feel any more of a bad guy than, for example, a Jewish guy at a Nazi rally or a black guy at a KKK rally (to draw a somewhat extreme allusion). Sorry, but just because MoFo collectively chooses to demonize and persecute me, it doesn't make me a bad guy--no more, for example, than:
Is MoFo behaving like an inquisition in its penchant to arbitrarily demonize and crucify all progressive, independent thinkers in the forum? I think it is!

BANNED
Originally Posted by r3port3r66
How ironic! The martyr's the hero!
Well, not always, but in some cases, true.

Also, I am not in the least bit hostile--rather I have been targeted with more than my share of irrational hostility, and I, personally, cannot understand where it comes from.
Sure you do; there's an entire thread (started by you) on the subject containing several as of yet unanswered posts.
Is MoFo behaving like an inquisition in its penchant to arbitrarily demonize and crucify all progressive, independent thinkers in the forum? I think it is!
My definition of the phrase "progressive thinking" has no room for double standards, flippant claims, and dodgy excuses.

BANNED
Uh oh! Yoda has entered the thread! Time for me to cut out!

See? I'm not hostile and argumentative, as you falsely make me out to be! I'm leaving the thread (for now) to AVOID argument!

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Golgot says:

But I'd like to nominated myself for chief villain. (well, i've not been here long, but django's on the wane, and i've taken over his reins in the shape of over-long-refrains)

End Golgot.

Learn how to read Django.

And am I now to understand that you've equated yourself to Jesus?

[[quote=Django] That's new! Golgot wanted to be a villain! I think he was just speaking tongue-in-cheek! He happens to be a respectable teacher, from what I gather, and, as such, is pretty undoubtedly a lot more enlightened than the majority of people in here.]

''''''He was speaking tongue in cheek, everyone knew that except you.'''''

[I have to disagree with that one, nebbit. I'm pretty light-hearted most of the time, and I don't love to argue at all.]

'''''If you are light hearted, lets see it, then we will say isn't Django a nice funny friendly guy.'''''''''

[On the contrary, I do my best to avoid pointless arguments whenever I can. Also, I am not in the least bit hostile--]

'''''''Well you may not feel that you are hostile but that is how you come across sometimes, when other people make jokes, or tongue in Cheek comments, most people can see it, you seem to take everything as an attack on you personally.''''''''

[Is MoFo behaving like an inquisition in its penchant to arbitrarily demonize and crucify all progressive, independent thinkers in the forum? I think it is!]

''''''What a load of rubbish'''''''

there's a frog in my snake oil
[Is MoFo behaving like an inquisition in its penchant to arbitrarily demonize and crucify all progressive, independent thinkers in the forum? I think it is!]

''''''What a load of rubbish'''''''
Heheheh. Oh Djangodjangodjango. God of jangle. Please stop getting yourself in a tangle. Thank you for the compliments, but...

-firstly, i'm a very unrespectable teacher (i harangue my students and try to spread my idea-viruses among them, as i try to do here ).

-secondly, i don't think teachers have ever been that strongly identified with "progressive" thought. Unfortunately my friend, i imagine "progressive" thinking would have to involve some ability to meet up with other mind-worlds and to shift personal goal-posts more successfully than either you or i have managed (or most other posters for that matter ). You are not being attacked for your positions so much as how you handle them and respond to alternative positions. And also how you spout enormous word-count when a joke's knocked about . Like i said before, i agree with lots of your positions, just not your wars of attritions and polarisations. Others are guilty of this stuff, but not enough to provoke the kind of responses you get.

Considering your own position to be enlightened and that of others to be comparatively demonic won't get you anywhere.

Never-the-less, I'll have you know i'm very enlightened young Nebbit (it doesn't matter how old you are - I'm in teacher mode ). The static electricity from my radiator makes my hair glow blue when i touch it.

Originally Posted by Golgot
Heheheh. Oh Djangodjangodjango. God of jangle. Please stop getting yourself in a tangle.

-firstly, I'm a very unrespectable teacher (i harangue my students and try to spread my idea-viruses among them, as i try to do here )

Never-the-less, I'll have you know i'm very enlightened young Nebbit (it doesn't matter how old you are - I'm in teacher mode ). The static electricity from my radiator makes my hair glow blue when i touch it.

I knew it, I knew you weren't respectable

What do you mean by this last statement with my name in it I agree age is not an issue that affects enlightenment.

I knew it, I knew you weren't respectable

What do you mean by this last statement with my name in it I agree age is not an issue that affects enlightenment.
Jus checking time hadn't eroded any diodes What with everyone floating in the cyber-soup i never know when they left the chicken coup. You're so wise i assumed you were ninety-five I thought i'd call you "young" tho coz of the way your words have always sprung onto the screen. Now, if only all the other wise-heads would share their memes (about films and other silver-screens) i'd be able to get my war, dualism, representation and GM themes more stream-lined. Heigh ho.

Stop

Heigh Ho!
Stop laughing at my brit-speak, you rapscallion!

That's the best you can do! and you want to be a villian
Flibberty-jibbert! Poltroon! Pantywaist perodactyl! I'll learn you!

Igor, fetch my evil-insult theosaurus!