Funk 'n' Soul song tournament

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
that should cut down on ties, chyp!! Good Work!
I'll be voting some time this evening

I'll refrain from voting in the rest of the tournament (unless another participant goes awol) so there'll be no more possibility of ties in this tourney
If you're only not voting because of potential ties i'll be happy to break them if you want, you'd just have to PM me because i don't look at these tournaments unless i'm a part of them. Just a suggestion because i don't think it's right that you aren't getting a say in your own tournament.

ROUND ONE - DAY TWO

Sly and the Family Stone - Dance To The Music vs The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes § (alt link if req)

The Pointer Sisters - Automatic § (alt link if req) vs Chaka Khan & Rufus - Tell Me Something Good

Donny Hathaway - The Ghetto vs Gap Band - You Dropped A Bomb On Me

Carla Thomas - Strung Out vs Bar-Kays - Hit And Run

Stevie Wonder - Ma Cherie Amour vs Anthony Hamilton - Comin' From Where I'm From

Darondo - Let My People Go vs Dan Covay - Memphis

Betty Davis - Nasty Gal vs Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up

Bobby Rush - I Wanna Do The Do vs Janelle Monae - Q.U.E.E.N.

ROUND ONE - DAY TWO

Sly and the Family Stone - Dance To The Music vs The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes § (alt link if req)

The Pointer Sisters - Automatic § (alt link if req) vs Chaka Khan & Rufus - Tell Me Something Good

Donny Hathaway - The Ghetto vs Gap Band - You Dropped A Bomb On Me

Carla Thomas - Strung Out vs Bar-Kays - Hit And Run

Stevie Wonder - Ma Cherie Amour vs Anthony Hamilton - Comin' From Where I'm From

Darondo - Let My People Go vs Dan Covay - [Memphis

Betty Davis - Nasty Gal vs Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up

Bobby Rush - I Wanna Do The Do vs Janelle Monae - Q.U.E.E.N.

If you're only not voting because of potential ties i'll be happy to break them if you want, you'd just have to PM me because i don't look at these tournaments unless i'm a part of them. Just a suggestion because i don't think it's right that you aren't getting a say in your own tournament.
Thanks for the offer Camo, it is much appreciated but I've not voted in my own tournaments before and I've already put myself in that mindset now for this one so I'll just do the same again this time.

Let the night air cool you off

Al Green - Love and Happiness
vs The Stovall Sisters - Hang On In There

Allen Toussaint - Soul Sister vs Smokey Robinson - Cruisin'

Stevie Wonder - We Can Work It Out vs King Curtis and the Kingpins - Memphis Soul Stew

Rose Royce - I Wanna Get Next To You vs Nick Hakim - The Green Twins

Parliament - Give Up The Funk vs James Brown - Popcorn With a Feeling

Bettye Lavette - Let Me Down Easy vs Ray Charles - You Ought To Change Your Ways

Aretha Franklin - Save Me vs Lynn Williams - Don't Be Surprised

Raphael Saadiq - Stone Rollin' vs Valerie June - Got Soul

Al Green - Love and Happiness vs The Stovall Sisters - Hang On In There Al Green is wonderful, but there's something raucous about the Stovall Sisters that really appeals to me. Backing band is excellent too

Allen Toussaint - Soul Sister vs Smokey Robinson - Cruisin' - Soul Sisters is so of it's time

Stevie Wonder - We Can Work It Out vs King Curtis and the Kingpins - Memphis Soul Stew

Rose Royce - I Wanna Get Next To You vs Nick Hakim - The Green Twins the guy's got a great soul voice, I'd like to hear more.

Parliament - Give Up The Funk
vs James Brown - Popcorn With a Feeling - classic funk

Bettye Lavette - Let Me Down Easy
vs Ray Charles - You Ought To Change Your Ways - Bettye is a class singer, such a powerful voice and the song is brilliant. Everything Northern Soul loves

Aretha Franklin - Save Me vs Lynn Williams - Don't Be Surprised of course Aretha is wonderful, but Don't Be Surprised is a great unknown song , depressing as hell but great nonetheless!

Raphael Saadiq - Stone Rollin' vs Valerie June - Got Soul wow I don't know this girl but she's great, what a genre mashup too. I like it enough to vote against my own nom

ROUND ONE - DAY THREE (final day)

Al Green - Love and Happiness vs The Stovall Sisters - Hang On In There

actually a close call but Smokey's voice had a little more going on for me

another very close one. Making the Beatle's song his own blend of Stevie was great, but, once ALL the ingredients went into the stew. . . Well - hell

THE definitive Funk cuz ain't no party like a P-Funk party

Bettye Lavette - Let Me Down Easy vs Ray Charles - You Ought To Change Your Ways

ya know, I was pretty set to hand it right to the Lady of Soul, Aretha, but my goodness, that was such sweet soul-filled song by Lynn

ROUND ONE - DAY THREE

Al Green - Love and Happiness vs The Stovall Sisters - Hang On In There

Gonna give @mojofilter one more day (until 8am my time tomorrow) to show up and vote on both days 2 & 3 and if not I'm gonna break any ties and move us forward to round 2.

Making it on to the R2 playlist from day two:
The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
Chaka Khan & Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
Donny Hathaway - The Ghetto
Bar-Kays - Hit And Run
Stevie Wonder - Ma Cherie Amour
Darondo - Let My People Go
Betty Davis - Nasty Gal
Janelle Monae - Q.U.E.E.N.

Making it on to the R2 playlist from day three:
Al Green - Love and Happiness
Smokey Robinson - Cruisin'
King Curtis and the Kingpins - Memphis Soul Stew
Rose Royce - I Wanna Get Next To You
James Brown - Popcorn With a Feeling
Bettye Lavette - Let Me Down Easy
Lynn Williams - Don't Be Surprised
Valerie June - Got Soul

Wow a massive round! Will be my afternoons listening then. Nice!
Was either that or two piddly lickle ones - made a management decision

Smokey Robinson - Cruisin' vs Donny Hathaway - The Ghetto

Betty Davis - Nasty Gal vs Bettye Lavette - Let Me Down Easy

Janelle Monae - Q.U.E.E.N. vs Al Green - Love and Happiness

Merry Clayton - Southern Man vs The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes § (alt link if req)

Valerie June - Got Soul vs King Curtis and the Kingpins - Memphis Soul Stew

Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes - If You Don't Know Me By Now vs Noora Noor - Dedication

Lynn Williams - Don't Be Surprised vs Rose Royce - I Wanna Get Next To You

Chaka Khan & Rufus - Tell Me Something Good vs Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings - Retreat!

Darondo - Let My People Go vs A Taste Of Honey - Boogie Oogie Oogie § (alt link if req)

Bar-Kays - Hit And Run vs Cymande - Brothers on the Slide This is the only pairing that's made me sad to vote against the other song. I love the Bar-Kays too. In fact I'm going to listen to them for the rest of the afternoon to compensate

James Brown - Popcorn With a Feeling vs Etta James - I'd Rather Go Blind § (alt link if req)

Stevie Wonder - Ma Cherie Amour vs Chi-Lites - Oh Girl