The Hitler Youth

Tools    

Originally Posted by Django
Another topic I'd like to address in here (as an aside) is Yoda's new popularity indicator which presumes to define whether or not you are well-liked or accepted. This is such an obvious farce, it isn't funny. Any poll I have ever encountered anywhere--at least any legitimate poll (and there's the qualifier) gives only one vote per person. Yet Yoda's popularity poll gives an unlimited number of votes per person. How absurd is this? It completely lends itself to being manipulated by a small minority, who can then proceed to dictate terms to everyone else. They can exclude or alienate anyone they happen to dislike or disagree with, thereby imposing their own provincial tastes and ideas on everyone in a tyrannical, even Nazi-like fashion.
You had me until I got to this paragraph, can't you leave off having a go a Yoda, then you get angry when he responds.

BANNED
Originally Posted by nebbit
You had me until I got to this paragraph, can't you leave off having a go a Yoda, then you get angry when he responds.
I'm not trying to cause trouble for Yoda. I have simply been objecting to unfair and biased practices he has resorted to in the past. I have voiced my claims in a civil manner, only to become targeted with all sorts of unfair, hostile attitudes and posts.

To enumerate some of what I have dealt with in the past:

a) Racial slurs
b) Hate-filled innuendoes
c) Arbitrary deletion of my threads in an attempt to silence me. (This practice has now been taken over by Caitlyn, who has already closed down 3 of my threads with no clear explanation).
d) Editing of my posts--in which civil, legitimate complaints were erased behind my back and replaced with juvenile nonsense in an attempt to ridicule me.
e) Sabotaging of my threads, in which civil discussions initiated by me and carried on with other forum members have repeatedly been hijacked by Yoda and his cohorts--the discussion inevitably turning from an examination of the issues into a finicky session of bickering and complaining--all of which has apparently had the cumulative effect of undermining my credibility.
f) The "reputation system" initiated by Yoda, which is the latest underhanded attempt by him to undermine my credibility in here. Based on my own past experiences, this is clearly an attempt to institutionalize and legitimize his biased, racist attitudes. This system is so flawed that it lends itself to being easily manipulated by a small minority to present a picture that is at odds with reality. If you study the "reputation system", there are 335 negative points marked up against me. This is clearly a deception, because it suggests that 335 negative, hostile votes have been cast against me. Whereas, in fact, the actual number of hostile comments is no more than a dozen or so, and the number of people voicing their hostility against me is even less--by Yoda's own admission. Consequently, this reputation system is so obviously a set-up--it is rigged in an attempt to blacklist me and further undermine my credibility. It is a farce, a sham, a blatant, shameful deception by Yoda--another one in a series of underhanded practices initiated by him against me. Keep in mind that this same Yoda has previously admitted that he has been accused of being associated with the Ku Klux Klan, presumably for the viewpoints that he has voiced in here and the attitudes he has displayed. His actions have frequently been politically and racially biased, but he has always been skillfully able to legitimize them by means of deceptive rhetoric. However, with a little effort, one can see through his hollow sham.

In short, in light of the things Yoda has done or sanctioned in the past, his reputation system strikes me as being less than honest and suspiciously like a set-up--a rigged poll, if you will. A pretty cold-blooded strategy, in my opinion, and a shamefully dishonest and deceptive one. Unscrupulous, underhanded politics at its worst.

Suggestions to improve the reputation system to make it more honest and credible:

1) Each vote cast should equate to a single reputation point, no more, no less.
2) People should be able to see the complete reputation history, so that evidence of possible rigging or ballot-stuffing in the past becomes clearly apparent.
3) The votes should not be anonymous--the source of the votes should be clearly visible.

I'm not trying to cause trouble for Yoda. I have simply been objecting to unfair and biased practices he has resorted to in the past. I have voiced my claims in a civil manner, only to become targeted with all sorts of unfair, hostile attitudes and posts.

To enumerate some of what I have dealt with in the past:

a) Racial slurs
b) Hate-filled innuendoes
c) Arbitrary deletion of my threads in an attempt to silence me. (This practice has now been taken over by Caitlyn, who has already closed down 3 of my threads with no clear explanation).
d) Editing of my posts--in which civil, legitimate complaints were erased behind my back and replaced with juvenile nonsense in an attempt to ridicule me.
e) Sabotaging of my threads, in which civil discussions initiated by me and carried on with other forum members have repeatedly been hijacked by Yoda and his cohorts--the discussion inevitably turning from an examination of the issues into a finicky session of bickering and complaining--all of which has apparently had the cumulative effect of undermining my credibility.
f) The "reputation system" initiated by Yoda, which is the latest underhanded attempt by him to undermine my credibility in here. Based on my own past experiences, this is clearly an attempt to institutionalize and legitimize his biased, racist attitudes. This system is so flawed that it lends itself to being easily manipulated by a small minority to present a picture that is at odds with reality. If you study the "reputation system", there are 335 negative points marked up against me. This is clearly a deception, because it suggests that 335 negative, hostile votes have been cast against me. Whereas, in fact, the actual number of hostile comments is no more than a dozen or so, and the number of people voicing their hostility against me is even less--by Yoda's own admission. Consequently, this reputation system is so obviously a set-up--it is rigged in an attempt to blacklist me and further undermine my credibility. It is a farce, a sham, a blatant, shameful deception by Yoda--another one in a series of underhanded practices initiated by him against me. Keep in mind that this same Yoda has previously admitted that he has been accused of being associated with the Ku Klux Klan, presumably for the viewpoints that he has voiced in here and the attitudes he has displayed. His actions have frequently been politically and racially biased, but he has always been skillfully able to legitimize them by means of deceptive rhetoric. However, with a little effort, one can see through his hollow sham.
Why do you have it in your head that if it's been awhile since I corrected you, you can go ahead and make the same erroneous claims again?

BANNED
Originally Posted by Yoda
Why do you have it in your head that if it's been awhile since I corrected you, you can go ahead and make the same erroneous claims again?
Oh, please! "Erroneous claims"? Can you honestly deny that you have been resorting to these practices in the past? Another point that just came to my attention--and this is striking evidence of underhanded manipulation by you. The poll that I had set up in the past originally had 4 options. However, a fifth option has been added, apparently by you. And the fourth option has been modified from its original innocuous statement into a more volatile expression of hatred.

This is serious, Yoda. You have been modifying the contents of MY poll! At what point are you going to start modifying the poll results as well?

That is, assuming you haven't already done so--cf. your facetious, farcical "popularity indicator".

One thing is apparent, besides the fact that you hate my guts--you aren't exactly the most subtle or discreet guy around! LOL!

Django, honey, would you please stop fighting with Yoda? Are you really angry at him or are you just having fun constantly coming up with something to accuse him of? Why don't you take a few days off? A month? A year? A lifetime? Go on now. Relax. Feel comfortable. Be quiet and you'll be remembered for your remarkable change forever.

BANNED
Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Django, honey, would you please stop fighting with Yoda? Are you really angry at him or are you just having fun constantly coming up with something to accuse him of? Why don't you take a few days off? A month? A year? A lifetime? Go on now. Relax. Feel comfortable. Be quiet and you'll be remembered for your remarkable change forever.
Advice from a serial killer! That, I'll remember!

Advice from a serial killer! That, I'll remember!
Oh, pleeeease.... I'm willing to forget about calling you homosexual names forever. No more gay jokes, I swear! I promise to god, Django. I think that the only reason I did it before was because you have such a strong, SEXY personality that reeks of total dominance and control - something I like. But is it your real personality? Please change for the better and we'll all let go. Please, Django! Make that change!

I have to go now but I want you to think it over. Pleeeease think it over. Bye bye now.

Jason

BANNED
Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Oh, pleeeease.... I'm willing to forget about calling you homosexual names forever. No more gay jokes, I swear! I promise to god, Django. I think that the only reason I did it before was because you have such a strong, SEXY personality that reeks of total dominance and control - something I like. But is it your real personality? Please change for the better and we'll all let go. Please, Django! Make that change!

I have to go now but I want you to think it over. Pleeeease think it over. Bye bye now.

Jason
"Dominance? Control?" Moi?

Au contraire, I am an extremely laid-back fun-loving sort of guy. I just get very agitated when I witness the violation of the rights of man.

But no--like I said, I have no political aspirations whatsoever. I see myself as more of a creative personality than a power-monger! Dominance and control are just not my ball game!

Oh, please! "Erroneous claims"? Can you honestly deny that you have been resorting to these practices in the past?
Yes. I don't know how many times I have to debunk this silly nonsense about racism and sabotaging your reputation. They both fail basic tests of logic. See the public humiliation below for details:

http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=4534

Another point that just came to my attention--and this is striking evidence of underhanded manipulation by you. The poll that I had set up in the past originally had 4 options. However, a fifth option has been added, apparently by you. And the fourth option has been modified from its original innocuous statement into a more volatile expression of hatred.This is serious, Yoda. You have been modifying the contents of MY poll! At what point are you going to start modifying the poll results as well?
I didn't make those modifications. I've addressed this in another thread already.

That is, assuming you haven't already done so--cf. your facetious, farcical "popularity indicator".
I guess the fact that you're not faring well under this measure has nothing to do with your opposition to it? Then again, you didn't fare too well under the last measure, either...
One thing is apparent, besides the fact that you hate my guts--you aren't exactly the most subtle or discreet guy around! LOL!
I don't care enough about you to hate your guts. I do find you amusing, though.

BANNED
Yes. I don't know how many times I have to debunk this silly nonsense about racism and sabotaging your reputation. They both fail basic tests of logic. See the public humiliation below for details:

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ead.php?t=4534
Hardly a public humiliation. Just an ongoing attempt by you painfully to legitimize your blatantly biased and hypocritical stances and strategies, all of which I responded to. And it went on and on to such a degree that I just got tired of it. It just seems to carry on and on! Endlessly!

I didn't make those modifications. I've addressed this in another thread already.
Yeah, but you failed to own up to the fact that you are responsible for the abuse of forum privileges, because by allowing them to perpetuate unchecked, you are implicitly sanctioning them. To say nothing of the fact that you are the one giving out these privileges in the first place. However you look at it, it amounts to an abuse of authority coupled with a complete inability to accept responsibility for your actions.

I guess the fact that you're not faring well under this measure has nothing to do with your opposition to it? Then again, you didn't fare too well under the last measure, either...I don't care enough about you to hate your guts. I do find you amusing, though.
No, I'm opposed to it because it is blatantly dishonest. As for my not faring well in it, it comes as no surprise, considering that it seems to be rigged and a set-up to begin with. The most obviously deceptive thing about it is the way that it multiplies votes--making a dozen or so votes look like an excess of 300--thanks to the system of "reputation points". Like I said elsewhere--let's have one reputation point per vote cast. I don't find you amusing in the least, incidentally. And I don't care very much about you either. I just find you extremely objectionable.

(This practice has now been taken over by Caitlyn, who has already closed down 3 of my threads with no clear explanation).
That is an out and out lie. I wrote you a page long pm and explained to you why the first thread was locked and also tried to explain to you why you were getting bad reputation points (i.e. whining)... the second thread was locked at the request of other members… You were told that and also warned about posting anymore but yet you still decided to test it out and went on the post another thread… which I also locked.

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Hardly a public humiliation. Just an ongoing attempt by you painfully to legitimize your blatantly biased and hypocritical stances and strategies, all of which I responded to. And it went on and on to such a degree that I just got tired of it. It just seems to carry on and on! Endlessly!
Uh, two things. First: no, you didn't respond to everything I said. You went of on another tangent, I asked a few questions, and you ultimately ignored them.

Second: you're not in much place to complain about "endless arguments" when you've created roughly half a dozen threads (and interjected the same sentiment into a half dozen more) stating the exact same things, again and again.

Yeah, but you failed to own up to the fact that you are responsible for the abuse of forum privileges, because by allowing them to perpetuate unchecked, you are implicitly sanctioning them. To say nothing of the fact that you are the one giving out these privileges in the first place. However you look at it, it amounts to an abuse of authority coupled with a complete inability to accept responsibility for your actions.
I'm not failing to own up for anything. If you happen to remember what the original poll options were, let me know and I'll change them back. I take forum integrity quite seriously...it's just a tad hard to get worked up when you're crying "wolf!" on a daily basis.

No, I'm opposed to it because it is blatantly dishonest. As for my not faring well in it, it comes as no surprise, considering that it seems to be rigged and a set-up to begin with. The most obviously deceptive thing about it is the way that it multiplies votes--making a dozen or so votes look like an excess of 300--thanks to the system of "reputation points". Like I said elsewhere--let's have one reputation point per vote cast.
How is this deceptive? It was explained in painfully specific detail for all to see. The problem, of course, is that you didn't read about the system at all, choosing instead (as is your custom in all things), to make assumptions rather than educate yourself. No one else here has ever, to my knowledge, been under the impression that each point constitutes a "vote."

The "reputation system" initiated by Yoda, which is the latest underhanded attempt by him to have been cast against me.
In short, in light of the things Yoda has done or sanctioned in the past, his reputation system strikes me as being less than honest and suspiciously like a set-up--a rigged poll, if you will. A pretty cold-blooded strategy, in my opinion, and a shamefully dishonest and deceptive one. Unscrupulous, underhanded politics at its worst.
If you are not trying to cause trouble then why can't you leave your anger towards Yoda out of your posts. Do you think that Yoda has enlisted people to attack you, I have a mind of my own and I say what I want. You may feel that you are a fun loving person, It doesn't come across very often, try and get over your anger, it seems to be overpowering your fun loving side.

I see the reputation system as a bit of fun, do you really think it was set up to annoy you personally, very narcissistic of you.

Lets put a smile on that block
* Rudolph Valentino has left the building. *
Hmmm and there was me thinking you had done another one of your vanishing acts becuase you cant answer any ones questions with a valid argument other than "Everyones so mean to me all the time!"

So heres my question again, Coz i would just like a good answer for this.

"You originally posted saying that you didnt completely agree with what i said, BUT you did agree with the part about it all being boring, and if you just act cool forget about it, we'll all get along. But NOW YOUVE GONE AND EDITED IT so that your all ignorant and rude again! Why? Did you have a look back at what you wrote and figured you were too nice?"

Wellll? Kind of hypocritical wouldnt you say?