In honor of Valentine's Day, what are your favorite love stories?

Tools    

I viewed this movie last year, for the first time ever. I love it, and to me, it's one of the best love stories ever. I simply fell in love with it. The romance, the chances taken, the confusion, the hope of something that is honest and real. All of those emotions that rush through us. I don't believe this happens very often in life. It does, but it is very rare. True love was found in this movie, and I love the way they are brought together.

The Love Letter (1998)

Cat men are THE BEST.
Men that like Cats? Is that a real thing?
Not only is it a thing, but the cat dudes got drunk and found out. So now there's glorious YouTube footage of drunk men declaring their slurred love for their cats. SO MANY FEELS!!!

Legend in my own mind
Not only is it a thing, but the cat dudes got drunk and found out. So now there's glorious YouTube footage of drunk men declaring their slurred love for their cats. SO MANY FEELS!!!

Well I am glad that you are happy

Not a cat fan, well except for the Thundercats and Battlecat. I don't mind big cats but domestic ones, nah.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
It's ny fav love story. Good heavens...I was more than slightly tipsy last night. Who thinks of Haneke at a time like that and then buggers up the title of the film in mind?
I'm going backwards through the thread. Someone mentioned Harold and Maude? Fantastic movie.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Well, I'm going back BACK through this thread. So, nyaaaa.
Also, I guess I might add uh... Sweet and Lowdown (1999). I really loved this movie years back. I thought it was playful, sweet, oddly romantic, and very sad on how we often take for granted those that really do give so much to a relationship.

I need to find this one again! What's not romantic about shooting rats with a revolver?

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom

@MovieGal Shall we watch it together on Valentine's Day?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Ohhh I love this thread! Here s a few I ll come back later:

Six Days Seven Nights
Moonstruck
Charade
Harry and Tonto ( love story of man and cat, then a budding romance)
Hollywood Homicide
Random Hearts - (only one with a not quite happy ending, but one I like)
Murphy's Romance

And a few more:
As Good as It Gets
Groundhog Day
Crossing Delancy
Working Girl

And, not for the unrequited romance with arrogant cold hearted Robert Redford - but because of the end of the movie when we discover that Babs finds true love with a man who loves her body and soul, curly hair and all
The Way We Were

This might just do nobody any good.
More recent but one of the most stirring I’ve ever seen -

Hellraiser. About the romance between Pinhead and sadistic torture.

Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom

@MovieGal Shall we watch it together on Valentine's Day?
Maybe "A Chinese Torture Chamber Story"?