Exploring Movies for Everyone

→ in
Tools    

Do you have any plans to watch some of his earlier stuff? I'd recommend Matador (1986), Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown (1988), Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (1990), High Heels (1991) and Kika (1993).
Oh I heard of that one a couple months ago and I was thinking that I'd like to see it, but I didn't get it right away and I forgot the title... thank you

Do you have any plans to watch some of his earlier stuff? I'd recommend Matador (1986), Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown (1988), Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (1990), High Heels (1991) and Kika (1993).
Thanks, I wish to watch everything of Almodovar (if I find it). So far, I am going backwards but I will reach there soon.

That is a great list Roy. I'm not familiar with them all, but all the ones I do know are spectacular. Hmm... well there is a cult classic Samurai/Yakuza film that I think you'll enjoy. It's called Blind Woman's Curse. Also Shinobi no Mono was the first movie to popularise realistic ninjas. I think it came out in 62. Noriko's Dinner Table is another cult film with strong themes of suicide. Hmm... I'll recommend a couple anime films too. Perfect Blue is my number one favorite anime. I also think you'd enjoy Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, a movie about political turmoil and secret plots.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
WTF people recommending pre 2000 films. I can recommend like 100 of them.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I'm looking for GOOD movies and plots that are female driven.

Thelma and Louise
Kill Bill
La Femme Nikita
I'll be generous here and also say Resident Evil. Milla Jovovich kicks ass.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

Thelma and Louise
Kill Bill
La Femme Nikita

Blue Is The Warmest Color is very, very female driven.

Bonus points if it's a plot with young women and old people combined.
These are the easiest to cast.. lots of young actresses. Lots of older retired folks with free time

Thelma and Louise
Kill Bill
La Femme Nikita
Agora directed by Alejandro Amenábar. Its a historical drama about Hypatia, the Hellenistic mathematician, astronomer, and philosopher and her death by the hands of Christians in Egypt. Rachel Wiesz is amazing playing the role.

The film's decent. Amenabar is a mediocre director. It's not kinky neither. How the hell comes you love it?!
Amenbar is one of my favorite directors! as is del Toro but none of their films are Kinky..

There are quite a few good onesHmm off the top of my head
Gone Girl
Jackie Brown
Zero Dark Thirty
Black Swan
Conviction
Million Dollar Baby
Freedom Writers
The Help
Still Alice
Under the Skin
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
( haven't seen the Swedish trilogy but heard it's good)
The Last Seduction
Wild
Ida
Double Indemnity

Deux jours, une nuit

Agora directed by Alejandro Amenábar. Its a historical drama about Hypatia, the Hellenistic mathematician, astronomer, and philosopher and her death by the hands of Christians in Egypt. Rachel Wiesz is amazing playing the role.
Rachel Wiesz was awesome in Agora... I also liked her in The Whistleblower.

I just watched 'The Scene' on youtube
Holy crap how have I not heard of this movie!

lol
Foster, its a Japanese Pinku film. There are many other there.