Most Boring Movie

Tools    

MovieForums Extra
Hey hey, I LIKE Quo Vadis and Ben Hur!! Let's take it outside fellas (just kidding of course, Chris would kill me if he found out I'm harassing the members )!!!

I don't believe I've ever fallen asleep in the theatre, and I do go quite often! A lot of Traffic was boring, until you got the gist of it, then it all sort of made sense in the end...

You want an instant cure for insomnia?? I'll make a tape of one of my lecturers, I guarantee you'll be out like a brick in 15 minutes!!

I got the gist of TRAFFIC (drugs are bad, drugs will kill you, drugs are expensive; if you were Michael Douglas' daughter, you'd be on drugs too), but it was still Boring.

Good Lord, I am just told by my younger brother here (who wants me to take him to our lovely English countryside to watch piles of dead cows being roasted by the government) that Nicole Kidman actually did suffer a miscarriage. (He reads THE SUN.) Tom Cruise is evil.

Great story, great acting, but way too long. Trim it by 40 minutes and you have a masterpiece. But as it iz...
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Lost Souls...my god did that movie blow vomit chunks!
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

Oh, yeah, definately, yeah.
did anyone see The Man In the Iron Mask with Leonardo Dicrario? that was pretty boring.

Originally Posted by jrs

Saw it once at the movies and that was it. I can't believe the people who saw this over and over and over....at the theater.
Titanic is as boring as staring at a log.
i liked when the ship sank.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Two of Bernardo Bertolucci's films;

1900, the version I saw came in at 245 minutes, there is a 318 minute version out there.

The Last Emperor, I've seen this whole film, in parts over the past seventeen years. If I watch any segment for more than an hour I'll go to sleep or turn the T.V. off.

Able Gance's Napoleon 235 minutes.

D.W. Griffith's Intolerance

Dune

Gone With The Wind

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

A movie that I have heard of but haven't and don't want to see is Andy Warhol's Sleep.

From what I understand it's a guy being filmed while he is sleeping, 321 minutes.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0187513/

You ready? You look ready.
Ghosts of Mars.
Oh my god. It was so boring I was cheering for the ghosts. That's how bored I got. Speaking of boredom. I made a saying remember this when you do something that will get you bored.

"Don't get bored. Things happen." -Matthew

Almost killed myself from jumping off a roof. Also I almost lost my balls too when I fell from a tree and hit a branch. Got a bad scar now. Lol. Maybe I shouldn't have said that. Remember that the next time you even think about getting bored.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

omg thats hilarious, n e ways,i dont understand how people thought blair witch or traffic were boring,and especially "2001".i meen kubrick made it in 19"SIXTY-EIGHT" and the special effects r amazing.i admire how he holds his audiences in awe over long scenes without dialogue rather than only using the special effects at suprise moments to thrill people

Gettysburg is a great film but kinda boring, I do agree with that. If you want a shorter but just as good war film, We Were Soldiers should hit the spot. Or maybe SPR.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Originally Posted by ryanpaige
I normally like Hitchcock (I like Dial M for Murder, too). I don't know why I didn't care for Vertigo.
yeah...sorry to all the Hitchcock fans, i like him and everything, but Vertigo was just really pointless

Originally Posted by quiball
yeah...sorry to all the Hitchcock fans, i like him and everything, but Vertigo was just really pointless
I take exeption to that!

There are those who call me...Tim.
Pearl Harbour. The script was so bad that it didn't even have the "It's so bad it's funny" feeling, and the battle scenes were just random explosions. I can't believe somebody started crying at the end though .
As far as the Star Wars Prequels are concerned, I liked TPM. It had a good opening, a good ending, and the bit's in between were OK aswell. The Podrace was crap though. At one point near the end of it, Anakin zooms towards Sebulba's pod, only to slow down and go neck and neck with the guy. With all the room he had, why didn't he just go past him?! Hated AOTC though. All the so called good bits were ruined by the worst dialogue I've ever heard ( the young Boba doing an evil laugh, or C3PO giving us a stand up routine during the battle at the end and much more...).