The Disaster Artist

Tools    

this film really upsets me.I feel like Tommy Wiseau at least in the trailers is treated exploitatively and just as a device for laughs instead of a human. Wiseau put his heart and soul into The Room only to be treated as a joke and have his film laughed at. I believe he deserves a little bit more respect.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Wiseau was at the AFI screening and the party afterward (so was my daughter.) He's at the end of this.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
this film really upsets me.I feel like Tommy Wiseau at least in the trailers is treated exploitatively and just as a device for laughs instead of a human. Wiseau put his heart and soul into The Room only to be treated as a joke and have his film laughed at. I believe he deserves a little bit more respect.
Lulz. A wild eccentric made a shtty movie that got turned around into 'the movie of the year' and he deserves more respect... of what? He'll probably be on the cover of Time. He'spartying hard laughing his backside off, especially at comments like yours. Meanwhile, actual film makers are crying all the way to their accountant.

Wiseau hosts screenings of The Room and has tried to relabel it as a black comedy, he made a tv show which he purposefully tried to make as bad as possible. He is clearly not offended by people making fun of him or his movie, he has embraced it.

I'm sure there's been rumours Wiseau has/had connections to the mob or something, so he probably has thick skin should it be true!
I don't think there's any kind of evidence for that, it's just that him having that much money is so inexplicable that it has got to be something like that.

Maybe someone who has read The Disaster Artist can say if there's any evidence though, i've still not started it.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I think Greg Sestero implied it in the book, although I must admit I haven't read it myself. I'm sure I read about that claim somewhere online the other day though.

I'm also fascinated by the man. Tempted to ask for Tommy Wiseau underwear that he sells for Christmas now

Wiseau hosts screenings of The Room and has tried to relabel it as a black comedy, he made a tv show which he purposefully tried to make as bad as possible. He is clearly not offended by people making fun of him or his movie, he has embraced it.
Yes he has embraced it but I feel theirs an undercurrent of sadness about the fact people make fun of him and call him shi**y filmmaker. I believe the tv show and such is just him trying to recreate the success of the room as it seems to be he enjoys the spotlight. Sorry just feel for the guy tbh.

Yes he has embraced it but I feel theirs an undercurrent of sadness about the fact people make fun of him and call him shi**y filmmaker. I believe the tv show and such is just him trying to recreate the success of the room as it seems to be he enjoys the spotlight. Sorry just feel for the guy tbh.
I'm the one who called him a 'shtty fimmaker'. I dont recall anyone else saying that. I'm a shtty filmaker ie Ive never made one at all. Goodluck to him and I hope he makes millions. You're the one giving him a pity party, and for no reaSON at all.

You're not a s***y filmmaker Dani8. In fact, you're not a filmmaker at all.
no kidding. Thanks for stating the obvious merely by repeating what I posted. LMAO.

Well done. Now doingwhat I should have done a week or so ago.

This might just do nobody any good.
^
Fingers crossed.

I live in the middle of nowhere so I’ll wait until it’s on Amazon a Prime or something.

That said, I did get lucky with Silence this January (but that might have been the Christian element working in my favor).

I think he is a sh!tty filmmaker and he accepts that. His whole deal is watched by more than the average filmmaker so he has accomplished his mission.

The Room is definintely more known than Iron Man 2 or whatever despite one of those making a lot more money.

Sure. I do wanna see it but I'm not sure I'll bother going to the theater, and I'm guessing it would be tough to spoil, so go for it.
Wait, have you not seen this? Or am i misreading you?

Thought you watched it way before me.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I had a similar vibe at first, then I heard a fun interview of James Franco on NPR. It's all interesting, but jump to 11:00 and listen. It is difficult to listen to in parts, but through the end of it all (particularly around 15:30 and 18:30-20:20, especially) I think is very well balanced and graciously addresses that concern.

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/06/56872...isaster-artist

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear