Wooley's Horror/Thriller/Sci-Fi/Fantasy Screen-Cap Game

Tools    

Victim of The Night
My next game will be called "Whoever can write the most scathing critique about RHPS wins".
Dude, you're cruisin' for a bruisin'.

Victim of The Night
The Haunted House (La Maison Ensorcelee), aka The Witch House, aka House Of Ghosts
(2 points)
I was pleased that some of y'all had seen this early freak-show. Great for Halloween-time.
Also, any of y'all who have seen The Unnambable feel some connection between this movie and that one?

Ghostbusters
(1 point)
Obviously the easiest one in the game. That is the back of Bill Murray's head.
Am I the only one who felt sorry for this guy? I always thought "This Venkman is an *******!"

Victim of The Night
Am I the only one who felt sorry for this guy? I always thought "This Venkman is an *******!"
Absolutely.

Victim of The Night
Round 12: Blades

Excalibur
(1 point)
How is that not just the first thing that comes out of anybody's mouth when they see that picture?

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!
(1 point)
Mmm... Tura Satana... mmm...

Dressed To Kill
(1 point)
The Giallo that's not a Giallo? Bah, just cause it's not Italian doesn't mean it's not Giallo.

Savage Streets
2 points
Linda Blair's face...

Marathon Man
(1 point)
That's Sir Lawrence Olivier. Help! Help! The man needs help here!

Enter The Dragon
(1 point)
Very few people can be totally ruthless.

Last House On The Left
(2 points)
Ouch.

Night Of The Living Dead
(1 point)
This was always the most chilling part of the film for me.

Lotta soft-balls today.

The trick is not minding
Huh. I didn’t recognize Excalibur, Last House on the left, Enter the Dragon (I should have recognized the mirrors), or Night of the Living Dead. Not really any face palm worthy moments, as those images didn’t even jump out at me as familiar.

So in all seriousness, this scene made Ghostbusters hard for me to enjoy as a kid. Like, as a sensitive 9 year old girl, the idea of an authority figure physically harming someone for fun while at the same time angling for a sexual relationship with a young person (as a kid I thought he was like a teacher and she was a student) raised a lot of alarm bells for me. And the fact that it was meant to be funny made it genuinely distressing. I actually always skip that sequence.

Round 12: Blades

Excalibur
(1 point)
How is that not just the first thing that comes out of anybody's mouth when they see that picture?
Brace yourself friend!!

WARNING: spoilers below
"Wait, Jason and Carrie didn't have bloody swords . . . . or DID THEY?!"

Also, I haven't seen Savage Streets, so I genuinely now want to know what 80s dude with a blueish shirt and thin suspenders I'm thinking of. I kept thinking something with Bruce Willis or Mickey Rourke, but I couldn't figure it out. This is now really going to bother me.

Victim of The Night
Huh. I didn’t recognize Excalibur, Last House on the left, Enter the Dragon (I should have recognized the mirrors), or Night of the Living Dead. Not really any face palm worthy moments, as those images didn’t even jump out at me as familiar.
Well, it's literally someone holding a sword up out of a lake? The EtD one is the main villain of the film in his final fight with Bruce Lee.
The others I can understand. I wanted something obscure enough out of LHotL and it may be that that horrifying moment in NotLD gets lost in all the zombies.

Victim of The Night

Also, I haven't seen Savage Streets, so I genuinely now want to know what 80s dude with a blueish shirt and thin suspenders I'm thinking of. I kept thinking something with Bruce Willis or Mickey Rourke, but I couldn't figure it out. This is now really going to bother me.
I got nothin'.

WARNING: spoilers below
"Wait, Jason and Carrie didn't have bloody swords . . . . or DID THEY?!"

No, but Leatherface had a chainsaw.

The trick is not minding
Well, it's literally someone holding a sword up out of a lake? The EtD one is the main villain of the film in his final fight with Bruce Lee.
The others I can understand. I wanted something obscure enough out of LHotL and it may be that that horrifying moment in NotLD gets lost in all the zombies.
That’s the thing, it didn’t look like a sword on my phone (when I originally first saw these), so that may have been the difference. EtD should have been recognized by me, so that might be a face palm worthy moment.
Not criticism mind you, just amused at my lack of recognition on these screen shots haha.

Not criticism mind you, just amused at my lack of recognition on these screen shots haha.
I very recently watched Enter the Dragon, but my first thought was "What is this some sort of . . . . Bond villain?".

Google search history:
"Bond villain knives hand"
"Bond villain prosthetic hand"
"Bond henchman knives hand"
"James bond claw hand"

You don't want to know how this competition has impacted the ads I'm now getting.

Facepalm at Marathon Man, Enter the Dragon, and Last House on the Left; all three films I saw fairly recently.

Well, it's literally someone holding a sword up out of a lake?
Yeah I didn't even recognize the specific shot, but that's clearly the Lady in the Lake so I went with the obvious answer. (I'm being pretty smug for a Bronze medalist aren't I?)

And in a movie full of rape and murder, the chisel-to-the-teeth scene is the most disturbing for me, so there was no way I was missing that one.

Haven't seen Dragon or Marathon Man, so no sweep for me again.

Victim of The Night
That’s the thing, it didn’t look like a sword on my phone (when I originally first saw these), so that may have been the difference. EtD should have been recognized by me, so that might be a face palm worthy moment.
No, didn't take it personally at all. And I'm not busting your balls either but I'm struggling with how anyone saw an arm holding a sword out of the water and the word/name/whatever "Excalibur" didn't cross their mind.
Maybe this'll teach you to play my game on your phone.

Victim of The Night
Round 13: Guns (and Bullets, I guess)

Sharky's Machine
(3 points)
As I said, I apparently underestimated the fame of one Henry Silva.

Assault On Precinct 13
(2 points)
Maybe more people haven't seen it than it seemed around here, but this is probably the most impactful scene in the entire film.

Last Year At Marienbad
(2 points)
I wanted to use the pistols scene, this was the best shot of it I could find, and honestly, everything else in this film is instantly iconic of the film.

Escape From New York
(1 point)
Obviously, this was another "if you've seen it it's a free point" frame.

Nikita, aka Le Femme Nikita
(1 point)
Again, to me, the most well-known scene of the film, this is just short of putting the poster up.

Ms. 45
(3 points)
As I've said, I was so pleased as many people knew this Abel Ferrara underground classic as did. I thought about not using any images from the famous nun section of the film but it just looked to good with the spider-web.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
(2 points)
A fun image from a movie that's too well-known among 'Crammers to use many others.

Carlito's Way
(2 points)
Adios, Counselor.