Superman: Man of Steel

Tools    

My internet isn't allowing videos

Is that video about...
WARNING: "Supes" spoilers below
... the possibility that Krypton isn't destroyed?
I just hope this is not true

WARNING: "Spoilers" spoilers below
And I hope they put a ***** ton of people in the Phantom Zone and that is where they came from. Either that or the lost City of Kandor or even Argos City.

In regards to the spoiler, makes perfect sense and I don't think it'll spoil the movie. Makes sense when you see the latest trailer.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
I can't wait to see this, I think ime going to get gallery tickets to IMAX.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
So what if spoiler is true. Won't do any damage I think.

I don't think there will be a "Clark Kent", as in clumsy reporter with spectacles either, perhaps until the end anyway.

No Kryptonite.

Hopefully no Lex Luther.

Will be really glad if they are doing something new and not following the same old pattern.

Trailer 3 should be banned for being TOO EPIC!

Got a screening of this day before release but there might be a screening of the Heat with Bullock in attendance. I'm really looking forward to Man of Steel but how many times are they going to try rebooting this?

Superman is an icon but perhaps he's not a movie icon?

The only cinemas releasing 3D and 2D are:

Banbury
Braehead
Bristol
Canterbury
Cardiff
Darlington
Dorchester
Dumphries
Gerrard's Cross
Greenwich
Kingston
Liverpool ONE
Manchester
Metro Centre
Muswell Hill
Norwich
Putney
Southampton
Uxbridge
Wimbledon

Everywhere else is 3D only.
^ That list was a load of rubbish wherever you got it from... it must be for one cinema chain only because every cinema in my area is showing BOTH versions: Odeon, Vue, Cineworld.

So now I can just go 2 miles down the road to see Superman: Man of Steel! Don't need to wait now.

I forgot about that. My local is the same. They weren't showing 2D last week when I checked, but now they are.

Seems someone has changed their ideas.

NICE STORYLINE:

A child sent to Earth from a dying planet is adopted by a couple in rural Kansas. Posing as a journalist, he uses his extraordinary powers to protect the his new home from an insidious evil. A young journalist is forced to confront his secret extraterrestrial heritage when Earth is invaded by members of his race.
A young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind. Clark Kent is a freelance reporter in his early 20's, traveling all around the world covering various news stories. However, Kent is forced to fly back into action to attain a fleeing assassin instead of covering an ethnic conflict between the Ghuri and Turaaba clans in West Africa. Upon his return to form, Kent returns to Smallville to learn more about his origins and become the hero he was born to be. A reboot of the Superman franchise. Various sources have mentioned many variations of the plot, but neither Warner Bros nor the director, Zack Snyder, have confirmed the story.

Saw it and I didn't like it. There were no fun scenes. It tried to be really emotional but didn't work.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Saw it and I didn't like it. There were no fun scenes. It tried to be really emotional but didn't work.

More detail please?.

I just found the whole film to be quite boring. There was little excitement or entertainment in it. The first 15 minutes were the origin story, which offered nothing new. After that, the plot kind of jumps around, which I really liked. Unfortunately, what is jumps to was not so interesting. We see Clark in his early 20s, bouncing around to different jobs. Then we see him meet Lois Lane. Throughout all of this, we have flashbacks to Clark as a young schoolboy being bullied, but these bully scenes are very standard. We've seen these in other movies. Then we get into the action, which I won't spoil. The visual effects were insanely awesome, but that was about it. Aside from the effects, they really had nothing to offer. Throughout the film, they tried to have really emotional moments where it got really quiet and you would see superman kneel down and then epic music started to slowly play amidst dream-like cinematography. And then superman would shoot up into the air. These scenes had me laughing at how stupid they were. Not only were they useless, but they could not have possibly worked because the characters were so poorly developed. I originally was criticizing the acting in the film, but in retrospect, the actors were given nothing to do with their characters. I know some people are loving this movie, but I just don't see it.

Going to see it in t minus 8 hours. I'm fairly sure I will be disappointed.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Alot of critics are blaming Nolan.
Yeah I've seen a few people blaming Nolan/David Goyer for trying to force the Batman template onto Superman, a character that doesn't really suit a dark and gritty take. As a result it lacks any humour or warmth, and plays out like a Michael Bay film. Certainly some of the spoilers I've stumbled across don't sound like classic Superman.

Why don't you make up your own mind... unless you have seen it.
+ rep for that. You can't just automatically say that a director and his movie suck if you haven't seen the movie in the first place.
I just went and saw it today, and I loved it.