What is the most expensive piece in your DVD collection?

Tools    

I don't really have any expensive individual stand-out pieces, but my DVD collection itself is fairly large, around 200+ movies, including series sets of anime and tv shows I like.

It actually used to be closer to twice that size, but I let a lot of movies go over the past few years. Mostly old tapes or stuff I didn't particularly like.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Probably this, it's out of print now:

DVD Set: I didn't pay for it though, it was an awfully wonderful birthday present, it contains 30 discs/films from the film maker Ingmar Bergman, my favourite director.

Also:

Inception Blu-ray: I would have liked the French edition of Inception, but I wasn't prepared to pay over £100 for it and I had the score music CD already.

DVD Set: ^ I also wanted this Korean release of I Saw The Devil(plus it came out in Korea a bit before the release here in Britain), so paid a bit more than normal for this edition from Korea.

The most expensive item I've got is my Avatar extended collectors edition.
I hadn't even seen the movie when I got this, I just bought it 'cause it was cool I'm glad I did though.

^ Really? how much was that in Denmark then? it's only about £16 here, and that's more or less the average price for blu-rays like that.
I got 3 blu-ray discs and 3 dvds in the edition for what would be about 18-20 pounds.

I ALSO HAVE AN ORIGINAL SALO CRITERION. I'VE GOT A SEALED ONE. I THINK THE COOLEST THING ABOUT MINE IS THAT IT STILL HAS A BORDER'S STICKER STILL ON THE FRONT. IT SHOWS A DATE OF 12/28/1998. I'VE ALSO HAVE SOME OTHER STILL SEALED/UN-OPENED BEAUTS IN MY COLLECTION:

ILSA TRILOGY
TWO-LANE BLACKTOP TIN
MANIAC TIN number 0001/5000. : )
NEKROMANTIK
ALADDIN BOX/LIMITED EDITION BOX SET
CABIN BY THE LAKE/ RETURN TO THE CABIN BY THE LAKE
SPLIT SECOND (HBO)
EXIT TO EDEN
FLASH GORDON (1998 SNAPCASE)
DESECRATION
TOOL SALIVAL DVD/CD COMBO
WALKING DEAD SEASON 2 LIMITED EDITION ZOMBIE HEAD

AND I HAVE SOME OTHER ONES TOO. JUST THOUGHT ID SHARE

AdAM

^ At that time, the Criterion DVDs were usually expensive like that. Thankfully they have come down in price now, especially for their blu-rays. Even better when you have the 50% sales going. Yummy.

Since I wrote my last post in here. I have quite a few steelbooks that I bought at normal price and now are out of print and each can go for £40+ now. I've got one that people are trying to sell at ridiculous prices - £90+...

It's the Collectors Edition thing with a normal DVD box inside a side opening card sleeve.
Got all sorts of books and a Features Disc too.

Not worth £26 in today's money let alone near 13 years ago. That'd be like spending close to, or even over £50 for a DVD in today's money.

Just had a dig around. Second most expensive is my LOTR Extended Trilogy Box Set that cost me £20.
Bought it about 3 or 4 months back.

But, then again it's all 3 extended versions in one box, plus God knows how many features discs and booklets.

Speaking of good finds, I always love hearing about awesome finds out in the wild. I think the most expensive DVDs I ever found were: a USED/PRISTINE ORIGINAL PRESIING OF THE WOMAN IN BLACK (BFS/CARLTON) for 1.95 at a local new and used shop.

Second most expensive DVD I have ever found was at a flea market and it was a Still Sealed /Un-Opened copy of SPENCER FOR HIRE movie collection for 8$

AdAm

For me, I think its the complete Alien boxed set, brought back when UK prices were so much higher. I believe it cost £60. An absolute must for Science Fiction fans and those seeking the best edition of any movie.

Where did you buy it for £60? that was very expensive compared to the price I saw it for. It's a gorgeous set, I've still got mine even though I've now got the Alien Anthology Blu-ray steelbook. Can't part with it even though I've upgraded.

I brought it from an Asda store. At the time I remember being conflicted with paying such a high price but quickly gave way.

I would say my Criterion "Salo". Most of the time when I buy Criterion, they are used or on sale at B&N. I paid full price for "Salo". It was a must have and my first criterion I owned.