Cinematic Thieves

Tools    

As good as Jones is in THE FUGITIVE, I don't think he stole the film. It is the cat and mouse between his character and Harrison Ford's character that make the film work and that wouldn't have worked without Ford delivering a comparable performance and Ford delivers the goods. Jones won the Oscar but Ford is just as good.

As good as Jones is in THE FUGITIVE, I don't think he stole the film. It is the cat and mouse between his character and Harrison Ford's character that make the film work and that wouldn't have worked without Ford delivering a comparable performance and Ford delivers the goods. Jones won the Oscar but Ford is just as good.
I still can't understand how neither Liam Neeson nor Ralph Feinnes got Oscars that year but Tommy Lee Jones...

Taylor was fantastic in VIRGINIA WOOLF but Richard Burton matches her scene for scene and never allows her to blow him off the screen; therefore, I don't think Taylor "stole" the film per se.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Heath Ledger DEFINITELY stole THE DARK KNIGHT.
Yeah totally but funnily enough they definitely took inspiration from the character "Kakihara" from "Ichi the Killer".

So you could say that they "stole" the character.

Joaquin Phoenix in The Master. I don't think the movie is particularly great but Phoenix' performance is astonishing.

Tom Hanks in Cast Away. Absolutely stole the show.