Hong Kong Film Recommendations?

Tools    

I am a huge fan of Hong Kong movies (as anyone who has checked out my Top 100 list will know) and have many on DVD already. Unfortunately, it seems as though I am beginning to run out of movies to buy having cherry picked many of the best, so I thought I'd throw the question out to you guys to see if you can come up with anything. One of the main problems I have seems to be that I am in the Region 2 area here in England and not multi-region yet, with the majority of releases in R1 or R3.

I've listed below all the Hong Kong DVD's I currently own. Basically I'm looking for crime/triad/drama/detective movies, set in contemporary Hong Kong anywhere from about 1980 to present day. Not overly interested in old school martial arts or comedy, but a little mixed in with the above genres is fine (unless you think I am missing out on a movie I simply must see). Big fan of guys like Jackie Chan, Chow Yun Fat and Tony Leung Chiu-Wai.

Really would appreciate any help you guys can give me as IMDB is useless for this kind of thing!

A Better Tomorrow
A Better Tomorrow II
As Tears Go By
Beast Cops
Bullet In The Head
Chungking Express
City On Fire
Crime Story
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Days Of Being Wild
Election Vol 1
Election Vol 2
Exiled
Fallen Angels
Flaming Brothers
Full Contact
God Of Gamblers
Happy Together
Hard Boiled
Infernal Affairs
Infernal Affairs II
Infernal Affairs III
In The Mood For Love
The Killer
New Police Story
Once A Thief
One Nite In Mongkok
Police Story
Police Story 2
Police Story 3
Rumble In The Bronx
Tiger On The Beat
Thunderbolt
Young And Dangerous

Let the night air cool you off
Apparently this is the only thread about Hong Kong films...I am posting here to see if anybody has any good suggestions for 80s Hong Kong films? I've seen The Killer which is probably the only 80s HK I've seen. I am already planning on seeing A Better Tomorrow, Human Lantern, Holy Flame of the Martial World, The Masked Avengers, Five Element Ninja, and Killer Constable.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Watch Hard-Boiled. It's like gunfighting in dancing moves! Or A Simple Life from 2011. A really nice drama.

Also, bonus recommendation: Naked Killer. Pretty kinky!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I'll second Naked Killer (early 90s but that's still in the "golden age" as far as I'm concerned)

I listed most of my favorites as well as a bunch of decent Chinese movies (including PRC and Taiwanese films but mostly from HK) here.

Here are my must sees (late 70s-early 90s):

Peking Opera Blues
Once Upon a Time in China
Fallen Angels
Chungking Express
King of Beggars
Zodiac Killers
Knockabout
Rouge
Boat People
Dirty Ho
Zu Warriors From the Magic Mountain
Police Story 3 (Supercop)
Tricky Brains
Mr. Vampire
A Chinese Ghost Story

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Wong Kar Wai had one 80s film - As Tears Go By. If you like his style you may enjoy it but for me it is by far his weakest.
It's a genre picture, intended to and successfully launched his film career. It clearly isn't entirely his own film, but it has a wonderful montage sequence and a great ending.

Great thread - Hong Kong movies are a gold mine of cinematic creativity.

Some of my favourites:
Peking Opera Blues - the best Hong Kong film ever made, IMHO. Three different women are caught up in the 1912 revolution. Love, action and dynamism in one movie.

Snake in the Eagle's Shadow - Drunken Master is better known, but this is my favourite Jackie Chan movie. Amazing fight scenes, great relationship between Chan and Yuen Siu-tin.

In the Mood for Love - the greatest love story ever put on film.

The One-Armed Swordsman - a great introduction to the wonder of Shaw Brothers movies.

Election - Johnnie To's gangster movie eschews guns for knives and is a must-see crime epic. Sequel is brilliant too.