Clothing style

Tools    

What do you guys dress like? T-shirt, jeans and sneakers? Shirt, trousers and dress shoes? A combination? Any strict suit & tie guys, like The Bunk?

Is there a big difference between what you wear to work as opposed to what you wear in your spare time?

Discuss away.

My view of clothes is heavily modified by my day to day routine. I do a lot of work from home, and even when I don't, my "day job" is with a family business and very casual. So it's jeans almost all the time, with a liberal reliance on pajama pants. And in the winter, I wear this awesome flannel shirt over whatever else I'm wearing, because of warm.

All that said, I can clean up fairly nice. I've got a couple of suits and some nice sweaters and khakis and all that, and I can look like an upstanding member of society without a lot of notice.

But, yeah. I dress up when I have to, and almost no other time. It's out of preference, but that preference probably has a lot to do with habit. I mean, if I wanted to dress up, I wouldn't have gone into web development, yaknow?

Easy way to describe my style is a 'Clemence Poesy casual/simple parisian style'. For example:

I like simple clothing that doesn't stick out in the crowd(unlike during my Goth phase... eek).

My clothing style is heavily influenced by my job. I'm not allowed to wear jeans, so I always wear cotton trousers. Given my position, I always gotta wear a shirt and brogues. When I have a meeting away from the office, I wear a suit. So when I'm working, I dress similarly to:

During winter, I'll throw in a cardigan or a sweater to match the shirt. During summer, I occassionaly wear a polo to work.

During spare time though, I dress as casually as possibly. Joggings, jeans, sweatshirts, T-shirts, hoodies. Also, when I'm at home, I'll either wear joggings or a short and a T-shirt or a loose tank top. Just can't beat being confortable like that.

I'm highly influenced by myself

Blue jeans...

...polo neck t-shirt...

... boots, usually heavy duty hiking/walking style...

... black coat, a real coat made from either soft swede leather or my current one which is made from Mole skin... not a jacket or sports jacket etc...

No branded goods, I'm not a billboard for already overpaid conglomerates. All my t-shirts are plain, one coloured (green, red, black, yellow, whatever) collared t-shirts.

Can't stand clothes that are slapped with logos... it just looks tacky... apart from my boots as it's hard to get decent boots without the brand slapped on them.
Last time I wore clothes with the brand advertised oll over the front, back, legs, arms etc was probably close to 20 years ago, I think it was a bunch of t-shirts I wore to Physical Ed at school.
Can't stand baseball caps either. Especially when they're worn by eejits who have never watched, played... or even held a baseball bat for that matter. Which is a large number of youths who live in my area. Morons.

I currently own one shirt that does have advertisements on it, my pool shirt.
But they're sponsors that pay for stuff I do at pool, so I have no choice really to wear their logos

I like minimalism in clothing. Only black things, without logos, patches, prints.

I work full time at a vet clinic, so I have a lot of cutesy, mostly animal themed scrubs.

When I'm not working, I tend to wear jeans and either one of my many concert tees (Tom Petty, Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham, Bob Seger, Eric Clapton, etc) or one of the random blouses I picked up from places like Avenue and Lane Bryant.

My shoes are practical. I've got a pair of white Nike walking shoes that I wear just about everywhere. Otherwise I wear a pair of plaid Converse knock offs I picked up from Payless.

If I'm off and have no intention of going anywhere in a particular day, I've been known to get up, shower and then change into a different set of pajamas. I'm kinda lazy like that.

On most days, something similar to this:

Occasionally, this:

Formal occasions:

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	4526
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	10172   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	4482
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	10173   Click image for larger version

Name:	Allgemeine-SSa.jpg
Views:	5279
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	10174  

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Yeah, I like general's coat:

There was an episode of Company of Brothers with one guy wearing it.

I once went to a party where you had to be dressed up as someone else or have a very exagerated style in order to get in. Me and a mate agreed to dress up like rappers à la 50 cent.

So I got the baggiest jogging I could find, the widest tank top and some FuBu hoody with a zipper and one of those silk bandana's and a Yankees cap. My mate did all of that and painted himself black.

Was great fun to see his bed in the morning after he crashed into it at 4 am, totally out of it.

Good times. But we digress...

I bought a new suit last week. Looks a lot like this one:

clothing? what a girls' thread!

Yeah, I like general's coat:

There was an episode of Company of Brothers with one guy wearing it.
That is pretty. I would wear that.

Originally Posted by Brodinski
Was great fun to see his bed in the morning after he crashed into it at 4 am, totally out of it.
Oh, Brodinski, you need to be totally out of it.

Fuze, does that mean you're a man? I assumed you were a woman when you signed up.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I would say slovenly with a hint of farmer.....

BTW, when a woman asks before going out, "Are you wearing that shirt?", that is female for, "You are not wearing that shirt."

Thought he lost everything,then he lost a whole lot more.
I usually tend be a slob…t shirts and tennis shorts in the summer, hoodies and jeans in the winter.
I stand out from the crowd, because here in Italy people dress up for a fashion show even if they just have to grab some milk at grocery store.