Tools    

Not Enough Time
Flicker by Theodore Roszak

read it and get back to me
also a thread by this name in miscellaneous

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

A system of cells interlinked
Gap series : Book 5

I finished part one of The Stranger (Albert Camus) and I must say so far I am deeply impressed and touched by this novel. I love the routine that this shows, while still morphing in dramatic occurrences. The simple voice and depictions are also relatable. I'm looking forward to what Part II brings since it appears I've only reached the climax, anyone have any reccomendations for novels like this (existenalism)?

I finished part one of The Stranger (Albert Camus) and I must say so far I am deeply impressed and touched by this novel. I love the routine that this shows, while still morphing in dramatic occurrences. The simple voice and depictions are also relatable. I'm looking forward to what Part II brings since it appears I've only reached the climax, anyone have any reccomendations for novels like this (existenalism)?
Have you read Dostoevsky or Kafka?

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I was going to suggest Dostoyevsky. I'd probably start with Crime and Punishment.

Reread all my S.E Hinton books: The Outsiders, Tex, That Was Then This is Now and Rumble Fish.

Now I'm almost finished with For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway. I think it may be my favorite book of his that I've read.

By the way, I accidentally repped some posts in here, so if you think it's strange that I repped it, that's why.

I'm already planning to read Kafka's The Metamorphosis next, also want to read The Trial since I love the movie. I'll check out some Dostoevsky, thanks.

From distant memories: Notes From the Underground > The Stranger > Nausea. That's about as far as my reading in the Existentialist canon goes (I find Kafka hard to compare to any of the above, but undoubtedly like him the best). I give Nausea a
- and 'Notes'
. I only got about 3/4 through The Stranger so I won't try to give it as exact of a rating.

I've got too much on my plate right now to get through books at the steady clip that I had been going but I'm still reading every day and am relatively close to finishing several. This is the best one I'm currently reading:

One of my favorite books of all time, which is also by an existentialist, is The Little Prince.

The Stranger, Albert Camus

Finished and really loved it, Part I and II are completely different but I loved both. It makes you think of life in two different ways. The protagonist is one I found undeniably relatable and even inspiring. While it is renowned it gets it's share of hate, but I didn't find this confusing or close to meaningless. Beautiful writing, and a quick enjoyable read.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Yeah, my buddy Yas! She's got an amazing work ethic. I think she just got a new tat.... She and I talk about exciting things like... low-carb diets. LOL

When I'm done with the Game of Thrones series (I'm on the last book available right now), I may just start this series myself, teeter.

"My name is Psycho but you can call me Stuart."
The Stranger, Albert Camus

Finished and really loved it, Part I and II are completely different but I loved both. It makes you think of life in two different ways. The protagonist is one I found undeniably relatable and even inspiring. While it is renowned it gets it's share of hate, but I didn't find this confusing or close to meaningless. Beautiful writing, and a quick enjoyable read.

Excellent read. Some of Albert Camus' non-fictional works are worth a perusal...I particularly found The Myth of Sisyphus an interesting read.

My currents reads are...
Burial Rites by Kent Hannah
Nietzsche's Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Star Wars - Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse by Troy Denning.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
Yeah, my buddy Yas! She's got an amazing work ethic. I think she just got a new tat.... She and I talk about exciting things like... low-carb diets. LOL

When I'm done with the Game of Thrones series (I'm on the last book available right now), I may just start this series myself, teeter.
Totally worth it! I have read through them several times now, it just never gets old.

A system of cells interlinked
Finished the Donaldson Gap Series, which was grand (if derivative) space opera.

Started:

A few chapters in already. Glad to be back to some Cyberpunk after a long slog through five retro space-opera tomes, as good as they were.