0%
0 votes
George Clooney
60.78%
31 votes
Christian Bale
51 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I am the Watcher in the Night
Kilmer is a massive now, Clooney turned the Bat into a joke and Adam West was great, when I was a kid. Actually, the whole TV universe which was created in the 60s was perfect for West's Batman. I voted for Bale though, as Batman he brings just the right amount of menace and as Bruce Wayne his confused, heart broken and vulnerable.

A system of cells interlinked
Bale, for sure, followed closely by Keaton.

I voted Bale and Keaton myself too.

Amazing I think... that there have three actors since Keaton yet he's still up there as a favourite of the populous.

I was expecting Adam West to score a bit higher than he has though... even though I didn't vote for him myself.

Agreed... with Burton by his side he became the first real dark Batman to be seen on screen... and everyone loved it.

Keaton is the template for all other Bats since... which is why Kilmer and especially Clooney aren't liked as much as Keaton and Bale methinks.

I'm not a fan, so maybe that's why I feel as I do, but Batman needs a chin. Therefore, Kilmer and West at the two best Batman's.

I was looking at the first original two Batmans yesterday - Lewis Wilson and Robert Lowery. I saw pictures and watched them on Youtube. I absolutely hate the Batman costumes, but besides that, I liked Wilson's acting as Batman a lot, while Lowery looked cuter in person.

Yes, Batman should be hot, y'all.

Adam West was hot. He had a lot going on for him as Batman - that's why I voted him as the best. It wasn't just his looks, it was also his presence. Plus, he was great on the show.

Michael Keaton is too dorky when he's not in the Batman costume. He makes for a surprising Batman, I think - surprising in that you wouldn't guess it was him. Val Kilmer... I don't really remember how he did it. George Clooney is probably the one Batman I remember the most because I love Batman and Robin, but not because of him. His problem is just that he's too much George Clooney instead of Bruce Wayne. He literally does not change. In fact, I remember reading an interview with him long ago where he said he basically just relaxes on the set and doesn't treat it as work. Thus, I don't think he took the role seriously.

Christian Bale does not impress me. And I REALLY hated his voice as Batman. They make it so intense and harsh and angry. It's annoying.

I mean Keaton was decent Batman but Christian Bale really really pulls it off I just wish there was more of his playboy side shown a bit because I mean Batman was almost like the Iron Man of DC in that scene

Because Sometimes Two Hours at the theater is not enough
Clooney and Kilmer just do not feel right.. I don't know, it's weird, but Keaton was the best Batman until Bale came to stage.
Agree, I don't mind Clooney so much but I never like Kilmer as Batman.

I volunteeer ,Sacha Baron Cohen for the next.
Best is the present one

Keaton's a bit old now for a revival... maybe BatGrandad.

Using his walking stick and tartan pull-trolley to hit hoodies over the head at the local community center and tells them "You little scamps shouldn't be out so late on a school night"

Don't give the prick the satisfaction.
Keaton's a bit old now for a revival... maybe BatGrandad.

Using his walking stick and tartan pull-trolley to hit hoodies over the head at the local community center and tells them "You little scamps shouldn't be out so late on a school night"
I'd pay $10 to go see it.

I do have a soft spot for Michael Keaton. Like Celebrity said, he's got that everyday joe thing going on as Bruce Wayne which is interesting. But it definitely has to be Christian Bale, specially after his performance in the third film. Thought he gave it his all.

Never seen Wayne/Batman looked so battered, broken down and vulnerable. Makes his comeback(s) all the more compelling. Also think that he looks the most intimidating in the costume, which is appropriate. Not just the way he fits the costume, but he has this creepy looking mouth and eyes that are pretty difficult to read.

I loved Michael Keaton's Bruce Wayne. But I really love Bale in the role as well. Both are alright as Batman, Keaton didn't have the physical menace that the role really calls for and Bale's gravelly voice is kind of irritating, but I think both nailed the Wayne character in their respective universes.
Pretty much what Brick said. I'll add that I also think Bale was a better Batman/Bruce physically than Keaton was, though I loved Keaton's edgy performance and it was perfect for that film.

But yeah, Bale found the best balance for the character. He made Batman an imposing figure and Bruce Wayne a believable man.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Well, vote for the guy you think is the guy that did the best job at being the character.

I guess the 'character' is Bruce and the Bat.
I disagree here, they are one person but two totally different characters.