Tools    

If the sequel does happen, Cameron has a few ideas for the plot. He said that it could possible explore Pandora’s neighboring moons. Additionally, he added that there's a strong likelihood that the humans defeated at the end of "Avatar" could return in a sequel. Interesting !!

Oh my God, this will be so freakin awesome I can't get over it. I heard it's gonna be a trilogy. If it takes 5 years to make each one, it'll be totally worth it. Plus, since Cameron has probably mastered immortality, we can probably expect new Avatars for the next 50 or 60 years!

Hmm...it seems like a hard storyline to develop a 2nd plot to.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
If the sequel does happen, Cameron has a few ideas for the plot. He said that it could possible explore Pandora’s neighboring moons. Additionally, he added that there's a strong likelihood that the humans defeated at the end of "Avatar" could return in a sequel. Interesting !!

I hope the sequel doesn't bring back the main villains, but damned if they didn't survive the first film! That's suspicious...

Avatar 2 will explore the oceans on Pandora

Back in September Avatar producer Jon Landau hinted that the sequel could see Cameron taking us into the depths of Pandora, saying “after all, here we are exploring the surface of the planet Pandora. The interior remains to be seen.” Now James Cameron has revealed more details about the sequel, and may require Jake Sully to work on his breaststroke.

From Hero Complex:

Well you’ve already defined what the challenge will be on the next “Avatar” picture, which is to do what we did before at half the price and in half the time. Again, that’s an impossible goal, we won’t accomplish that, but if we can reduce by 25% in both categories, we’ll have really accomplished something. We know our methodology works. We also know it took two years to come up with. It didn’t even become efficient until the last two months of the production. So we were four years into a project before we had this machine running smoothly. So we take a snapshot of that moment in our production and say that’s what we look like on Day 1, we’re going to do better. Now, none of that has anything to do with coming up with a great story or great characters or great new settings and so on. That all is a given. That’s not to say that it’s done yet, it’s a given that we have to do that. But for me, the technical challenge is in improving the process having proved that it works.

We created a broad canvas for the environment of film. That’s not just on Pandora, but throughout the Alpha Centauri AB system. And we expand out across that system and incorporate more into the story – not necessarily in the second film, but more toward a third film. I’ve already announced this, so I might as well say it: Part of my focus in the second film is in creating a different environment – a different setting within Pandora. And I’m going to be focusing on the ocean on Pandora, which will be equally rich and diverse and crazy and imaginative, but it just won’t be a rain forest. I’m not saying we won’t see what we’ve already seen; we’ll see more of that as well.
Source: Filmonic

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
This is awesome news that there is going to be sequel, not long now an Ill be watching Avatar for the first time, preordered it and cannot wait. I think this is possibly the first time ever that im hyped for a sequel with actually seeing the first film

Avatar 2 release date to be announced soon

James Cameron hasn’t officially stated what his next project will be, however it is looking likely that he will be heading straight back to Pandora with Avatar 2 (which he says won’t be called Avatar 2). Last month Cameron revealed that the sequel will explore the oceans on Pandora, and now the director has hinted that 20th Century Fox will be setting an official release date soon.

From HitFix:

Cameron also said he intends to personally dedicate himself to helping the industry adopt 3-D without creating a consumer backlash.

That will include continuing to create quality 3-D content, like a sequel to “Avatar,” which he estimated will take about 3 years to make — 18 months less than it took the first.

The release date will be announced in a few months, he said.
If the plan was to start filming Avatar 2 sometime next year then we could be seeing the sequel in 2013 or 2014. It's possible Fox will be aiming for a December release again as that worked quite well for them last time. We’ll find out the specifics in the upcoming months.

Source: Filmonic

prequel trilogy f*ck yea

I think there's a lot more story they could tell; for instance, the circumstances of his brother's death. He didn't seem terribly curious about it. Wouldn't you think he'd investigate to see if there was any foul play?

Apparently Cameron is filming in the marianna trench, for the 2014 sequel. I guess he's planning on releasing the third a year later. I hope the original gets re-released around the same time, I missed it the first time around.

...uh the post is up there...

trilogy ? really...story wasnt that good that needs 2 more films for it.
Though the cgi was like amazing, the storyline was just odd.
(Gets a feeling the next two just going be about a love thing between main guy and that navi girl)

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog

Sep 18, 2011

Not much has been going on with Avatar 2, well not much to report news on anyway, as Cameron is hammering away at the script. Sigourney Weaver recently talked to Coming Soon and briefly dropped a little hint about Avatar 2. Check it out:
Don’t worry, I will be back. Jim [Cameron] says no one ever dies in science fiction,” she says about her character, who fans will remember passed at the end of the first film. “He’s told me the stories for the next two movies and I have to say that they’re absolutely wonderful and there’s a real treat in store. Now we just have to make them.
Initially, Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 will be shot back-to-back and appear in theaters possibly December 2013, and 2014.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
From Darkhorizons.com
"Avatar" Goes 60 FPS, Gets Theme Park

September 20th 2011
Director James Cameron says that the two much anticipated "Avatar" sequels could be shot at a higher frame rate than expected. The industry standard has been 24 frames per second for decades. The upcoming "The Hobbit" prequels are being shot at double the rate - 48 frames per second.
Now, Cameron tells The Hollywood Reporter that he's weighing the possibility of shooting 60 frames per second and the impact it will have on his job, audiences and exhibitors - "I think it is such an affinitive answer. But other people may choose 48 for other reasons. The 3D shows you a window into reality; the higher frame rate takes the glass out of the window. The reason I went down that path is because I believe it makes for better 3D. There were lots of arguments for why 48 and why 60."
He continues, "My feeling is if it is a software upgrade (for digital cinema projectors), do both. It doesn't change anything at the projector; you don't have to change the lamp house or the lenses. If you are uploading software you can upload it for 48 and 60 and let the filmmakers decide. If the exhibitors will adopt the idea of a dual standard, than I'll probably want to shoot 60. If they don't, then I will have to look very carefully at the pros and cons of 60 and 48."
Meanwhile, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Worldwide is joining forces with Cameron and Fox Filmed Entertainment to "bring the world of 'Avatar' to life at Disney parks" according to a press release via Business Wire.
Disney will partner with Cameron and producer Jon Landau to create themed lands that will give theme park guests the opportunity to explore the mysterious universe of "Avatar" first hand. The first themed land will be built at Walt Disney World, within the Animal Kingdom park. Construction is expected to begin by 2013.
The agreement announced today gives Disney exclusive global theme park rights to the franchise and provides for additional "Avatar" themed lands at other Disney parks. Cameron, Landau and their Lightstorm Entertainment group will serve as creative consultants on the projects and will partner with Walt Disney Imagineering in the design and development of the themed lands.
The "Avatar" sequels are currently scheduled for a late 2014 and 2015 release.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
James Cameron has found a way to resurrect Sigourney Weaver for Avatar 2

Oct 11, 2011

We’ve already heard that Sigourney Weaver will likely be returning for James Cameron’s Avatar sequel, but there’s one little problem, her character died in the first film. Well, if you paid attention to the film, then you already have an idea as to how Weaver could return. However, James Cameron has found his own way, non-linear storytelling:
“Well, I don’t want to disabuse her of that fantasy. But have you ever heard of nonlinear storytelling? A lot happens on that planet before she shows up, and before Jake shows up to join her. She’s there for fifteen years ahead of time. I don’t know, but I wouldn’t jump to conclusions. And I’ve already said way too much about Avatar 2 and 3 here and there, but people piece it together like those voice cameos and tell the whole story!, he told Vulture.
Makes sense. What Cameron could have always done was have Grace’s spirit live inside Eywa, and Jake Sully (Sam Worthington) could communicate with her that way. But Cameron’s idea would allow for Weaver to get some screen time. And if that doesn’t work, Cameron jokes “there’s always time travel”.