What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher

Thing is, I was never a big fan of Twin Peaks. It seemed just too ... I dunno, wilfully up itself?

I done went and bought this now. Nurse!

Still never seen Shallow Grave, but the Twin Peaks buy is brilliant. I've not seen it since, but I think of it as one of the best tv programmes of all time.

When Twin Peaks was on its original run (late school/early Uni by my reckoning) I was at a stage where I was rarely sober (and even rarer-ly in the house) so only caught it in odds and sods. That's probably why I never got into it at the time.

I'm perfectly amenable to giving it another chance but whether I make it through all 10 (count 'em!) discs is anyone's guess. It'd make a great slightly used Christmas present for someone in their late 30s or early 40s though.

Shallow Grave is a stone cold classic, I think. Tighter than a gnat's chuff on a cold day.

Brand new member, so apparently I can't post hotlinks yet, but I just got the classic animated film Grave of the Fireflies. So good, but so sad. I hear there was a live action version in the works...? Not sure how I feel about that one.

Brand new member, so apparently I can't post hotlinks yet, but I just got the classic animated film Grave of the Fireflies. So good, but so sad. I hear there was a live action version in the works...? Not sure how I feel about that one.
There ya go.

For me:

Import. Cheap.

Oh, regarding the cheapo Shade DVD I wrote about a few posts back - It arrived in the week and the print quality is fecking awful. VHS quality in fact and I'm pretty sure that my local video store has some ex-rental copies for much the same price which I know to be far superior. That's where I'll be heading.

Scott Pilgrim vs the world I couldn't resist!

The Kids Are All Right

The Complete Metropolis

The Night of the Hunter CRITERION COLLECTION

Modern Times CRITERION COLLECTION

Monte Walsh
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Hoty Shil!

I did recently tape the restored Metropolis off TCM, although I admit the "restored" footage didn't look the way I hoped. I have the Chaplin Collection DVD version of Modern Times which is great. The Kids are All Right rental showed up today, although I saved that to watch with Brenda and started watching Scott Pilgrim vs. the World first. I have a pristine VHS copy of The Night of the Hunter from TCM. The one I need to see in primo form is Monte Walsh.

I dig this cover.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Because it's a hell of a jem and very underrated. Plus I got a bargain on it from the very reliable Play.com I love the ****ing 90's.

Also got

Because it's Dexter.

Because its one of my favorites with will smith & hugh jackman.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	220px-Enemy_of_the_State.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	6941