What are you doing at this very moment?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
Having a Scouser in the family makes my lot seem posh, so I'm not complaining.

Aaaaanyway.

My road's been closed again, this time because of a 'security alert'. It's probably a bomb or suspect device at the courthouse 200yds down the street - the cops are camped a few feet from my front door but I really can't be bothered asking them why my peace and quiet is being disturbed. Maybe once I've had a shower and brought the bins in...

The braindead dinosaurs in this sad little statelet seem determined to drag us back to the bad old days. Sometimes I wonder why the **** I ever came back here.

I seem to remember something about giving the kids a better standard of life.

EDIT - Suspect device at the courthouse according to the closest police officer I could tackle. At least my bin got emptied.

EDIT II: Return of the Edit - Just heard on the radio that police are starting to evacuate premises near the courthouse. Oh joy.

The cop I spoke to told me that they didn't expect me to have to leave the house. Yet.

Maybe once I've had a shower and brought the bins in....
OMG thanks for reminding me just my bins out

Hope you are ok Tatty

The braindead dinosaurs in this sad little statelet seem determined to drag us back to the bad old days.
very restrained language Taccy. Sad tho isn't it? some people just can't let things go can they. Move on for gods sake!

I hope your street is open again T, and there was nothing to worry about.
x

False alarm - Link

I had two people phone me to ask if I'd been evacuated. My home phone, not my mobile...

Still, they can't be too careful after what happened in Newry and Keady at the weekend.

The copper who'd stationed himself outside Tatty Towers looked eerily like Barry Pepper in Three Burials. I almost asked him if he had a copy of Playboy tucked under his flak jacket.

Almost.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
Looking for a new recipe to cook for dinner tonight.... i got chicken defrosting the fridge. anyone got any suggestions???

Watching Bladerunner, reformating a novel, and typing on this forum. Oh my god, I have ADD!

Yuck Tatty

Debating if i should spend $2,000.00 Australian on a first edition of James Joyce's Ulysses, it is for my X he is a huge fan and it is his 60th Birthday coming up

Yuck Tatty

Debating if i should spend $2,000.00 Australian on a first edition of James Joyce's Ulysses, it is for my X he is a huge fan and it is his 60th Birthday coming up
ooo he'll be a lucky feller if you get him that!

If he doesn't want it then I'll take it off your hands, nebbs.

My copy is covered in annotations from college, and that's nearly 20 years ago now.