What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Argh, oversized photo stretching the page. No matter...

The first two are just ones I needed to add to my collection - the second two are part of one very strange and terrible movie night I'm planning for someone later this month.

I know that DVD's are becoming obsolete in the era of the Blu Ray.....
Blu-ray may be 'the new' format' but they wont make DVD obsolete anytime soon. They are playable in all BR players and people still are loyal to the DVD - no matter what. I personally only purchase exclusive DVD releases nowadays. I don't buy anything anymore unless its deemed necessary. But I will re-upgrade to Blu-Ray if its completely and utterly needed.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
WHHHHHHHYYYYYYY?????

A friend was having a massive DVD blowout sale and I picked some titles.

Suspect's Reviews

A Serious Man
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The People's Republic of Clogher

Seemingly unlike the rest of the human race, I wasn't completely bowled over by this when it first came out. £2.50 sounds like a good enough reason to give it another shot.

Picked up Hell Ride (looks like it could be nice little cult film or waste of time) and Choke because it was 2 for £10 deal as well and only one that i hadn't seen and had interest in. Also got Malice in Wonderland as heard good things and want to have something non-mainstream to throw against the inevitable raving fans of Johnny Depp In Wonderland when it's released (and if i don't like it).

Also got Parallax View, All the President's Men and Network as should probably see them

True Grit and Saturday Night Live: The Complete First Season

[EDIT] Forgot to mention Michael Mann's excellent Thief

Last dvd
Invectus
Because of clint and morgan and i love true stories

Savage Sisters

I felt like some explotation plus it was $1.99 and it's got TNT Jackson on it with playboy playmate Jeanne Bell. other features included on the disc are Get Christie Love!, Sister Street Fighter and High Kicks

Starlite drive in theatre
More explotation the double feature is Hustler Squad and Wild Riders again $1.99

Me Without You

I watched this at the Vancouver Film Festival, way back! it's an excellant film about friendships ups and downs. the pitfalls. and how one you can become dependent and one become independent of that friendship.

Body Snatchers

Abel Ferrara with a sizable budget giving his rendition of the tale.

Freaks and Geeks The Complete Series

1999-2000

I've heard a lot of good things about this show. It's a complete impulse buy though, can't say i've even seen a clip of it thanks to minor TV coverage here in the UK. As yet its unreleased on DVD here as well, so ordered me a Region 1 copy. Quite steep at 30 gold pieces so lets hope it's worth it