What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher

The Tatty 100 HD is now sitting at 16%! /proud

My faves from the original film series...

Plus...

I saw The Laughing Policeman years ago with my dad (a huge Matthau fan) and remember liking it a lot. My pervading memory is of a man killing everyone on a bus with a machine gun. It was cheap on Amazon so I indulged...

The Silent Partner was a blind buy, but I've read good things, and the cast is great.

Rossellini's War Trilogy CRITERION COLLECTION

Paris, Texas CRITERION COLLECTION

"Weeds" SEASON FIVE

Whip It
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

All the Tartan stuff I have is region 0 but it's probably PAL so you'd need a DVD player/TV to cope with that.

Saying that, I made a bit of a boo boo when I ordered that Blu Ray because when it arrived it was vanilla with no extras. That'll teach me for buying on impulse because I should have spent £1 more and got the US import with all the extras that the DVD has.

I'm either gonna keep the DVD or the import BD now and eBay the UK Blu Ray.

The Brave with Johnny Depp (and by Johnny Depp as a matter of fact).
Why? I saw it years ago on the TV and reminded my that Depp worked with Kusturica...it was so damn obvious from that movie.

The best documentary of the many that were released on this subject.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The best documentary of the many that were released on this subject.
From the best Vérité documentary maker since the Maysles brothers, too. I've got nearly all Nick Broomfield's stuff now.

I haven't done that picture but that is the edition I got today from work I cant believe that some traded it and got 20p out of it and I got it just for 2.40 and its like new,amazing.I know that DVD's are becoming obsolete in the era of the Blu Ray but when the blu ray starts to deliver like this I will join