Powerpuff Girls

→ in
Tools    

I love the PPG. I am a big fan. Nicktoons are on Nickelodeon. Cartoon Network shows PPG and Dexters Lab. Those are my fav. I also love Courage. The PPG Movie looks awesome. I cant wait to see it when it comes out on DVD.

For the guy who says he loves the monkey. The monkey's name is MoJo Jo Jo. Just so you know.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Generic note:

I am a writer. I personally know a lot of published writers. I am also a paid editor and proofreader.

Saying you are (or want to be) a writer but not taking the time to learn how to use the language properly is like a carpenter saying he doesn't need to learn how to use a hammer. If you want to be an accepted part of the trade, you have to learn how to use the proper tools.

In the real world of writers and editors and publishing, if you want to be a real writer, you cannot simply hire someone to correct all your mistakes. Typos are one thing and are easily corrected; command of the language has to come from the writer. Anyone who doesn't have that inherent love of the language and how it works and sounds will not succeed as a writer.

'Nuf said.

Linda

p.s. I did see the Powerpuff Girls movie yesterday. Cute enough, but video material, IMHO. I liked the Harry Potter trailer better.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by Austruck
'Nuf said.
And well said.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I don't mean to pick on anyone here, but that's just a pet peeve of mine: writers who figure it's someone else's job to use the language correctly.

If not the writer, then who?

Don't get me started.

But, it's nothing personal against anyone here. (I too liked the monkey and can't remember his name.)

Linda

Now With Moveable Parts
(I too liked the monkey and can't remember his name.)

Mojo Jojo!!

This thread is sad. That's all I have to say.

I'll brighten it up.

I liked the paper bag over his oversized brain. And I adored all the monkey/ape references, including several quotes from the original Planet of the Apes. What a riot!

I think I keep forgetting his name because there is someone on this site who uses that pic as an avatar (at least I think that's what it is) who has the handle "Monkeypunch," so I keep thinking the character's name is Monkeypunch.

Doh!

I think I keep forgetting his name because there is someone on this site who uses that pic as an avatar (at least I think that's what it is) who has the handle "Monkeypunch," so I keep thinking the character's name is Monkeypunch.
Yup, that's good ole Monkeypunch.

I find the show hilarious, heard great things about the movie, but alas, I won't get to see it.

Excuse me! That is exactly what I mean! Austruck, I am only starting out and when you are typing out pages of words and sentences, I give it to an editor to fix anything up that I missed ETC ETC. This is a forum, not a letter to the queen! You just type out your thoughts and send them in. On here and on my website, I don't have spell check so excuse me, back to talking about monkeypunch or whoever, not another word!

Originally posted by Ladies Man
On here and on my website, I don't have spell check so excuse me
Neither do we, but we have the common sense to at least try and correct our own spelling, rather than someone else doing it for us.

Originally posted by Radical Ed
I love the PPG. I am a big fan. Nicktoons are on Nickelodeon. Cartoon Network shows PPG and Dexters Lab.

Yes I know...... my nieces are over my house so much switching from the Cartoon Network to Nick it's crazy! I somehow mixed it up.

This is a forum, not a letter to the queen!
And you are a self-absorbed fool and not a quote/unquote 'man of ART'.

I call you not funny because you are not funny.
I never said I'm funny. But people laugh with me as opposed to at you, so I guess I'm doing something right.

Originally posted by Ladies Man
Can't someone get lost in the moment?
Perhaps... if it was the heat of the moment...

Matt, I'm not laughing with you. I'm laughing near you.

This is me: And you're right about... here.

Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
Oh, shut up girl!

Language, Matt. This is a letter to the Queen, not some sort of movie forum.

The truth is out there, and I quess it is in your fat head, hey!

this is horrible! Who cares Spud? And go rad ed!

everyone and their mother should go see PPG movie, its better than reign of fire, better than the croc hunter, and just as good as road to perdition!

THe editing, the directing, the comedy! This is Lilo and Stich but with powerpuff girls! It had a dust brothersesque soundtrack, and the monkeys! it has monkeys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im serious everyone, everyone see this movie, and enjoy the aspects of it. Screw live action samurai jack give it too Craig Mckraken and Gennedy Tarkovsky!!!
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me