Television Tab

Tools    

Just finished watching

Now onto the second season!
I thought that the second season was great. I know a lot of people didn't like to to start with and then got into it, but I thought it was good from the start. I'm a little wary about season three though. It's just started here and, although I stay away from knowing anything about it, even I've heard the rumblings. That said, I've enjoyed season 3 of Heroes and I think that's a very small minority I'm part of there.

Leverage and the Mentalist. Good stuff.

I recently picked up South Park Season 12 on Blu-ray (South Park's first Blu-ray release), and I've been watching a few episodes of that over the past few days. Incredibly funny and very clever stuff, from Cartman teaching Mexican high schoolers to cheat properly, to Mr(s). Garrison getting back his/her penis.

After picking up the box sets of each, I've also recently watched the complete series of both Witchblade and Birds of Prey on DVD, both having only one season.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

After picking up the box sets of each, I've also recently watched the complete series of ... Birds of Prey on DVD
Even though I bought this last year, I'm only started watching it a couple of weeks back. I'm upto disc 3 and, although it was panned, I'm liking it. Of course, having Dina Meyer in it helps immensely.

Watched some MST:3K today. Other than that, just the usual weekly stuff, Criminal Minds, Dexter, Have I Got News For You, Dollhouse, Ashes To Ashes.

What I meant to say was "trying to get back." I guess you haven't seen that episode yet, KK? I loved it (and its reference to An American Tail!), even though it was a particularly freakishly disturbing episode, even by South Park's standards.

Even though I bought this last year, I'm only started watching it a couple of weeks back. I'm upto disc 3 and, although it was panned, I'm liking it. Of course, having Dina Meyer in it helps immensely.
I liked Birds of Prey pretty well, although I liked Witchblade a lot better, both series being fairly similar and me having watched them close together. The trio of Oracle, Huntress, and Dina had really good chemistry in the show, and while the Harley Quinn character (or maybe the actress that played her) didn't really work for me, a lot of the "side villains" made for some pretty cool bad guys ("Liquid Guy" and the meta-human who can absorb other meta-humans' powers, if you've gotten that far).

The People's Republic of Clogher
Top Gear starts again tonight so I'm gonna be a happy man throughout early Sunday evenings during the summer.

Codeword: Bloke

Look, I know Clarkson's a tw@t, but he's the Alpha Tw@t. The tw@t to which all us other tw@ts aspire.

Geddit?

Only found out myself today. Something like TG should have been more heavily trailed - or else I'm not watching much TV.

Entirely possible.

I'd go with the latter, i watch minimal tv but but i found about 5 articles for it in the radio times this week. So Schumacher as the The Stig? Interesting, seems a bit like a gimmick but there was a lot of conviction in it.

Conventional wisdom is that there are a few Stigs - one for track cars, one for rally-type cars etc. I've heard that the main one is a British racing driver called Ben Collins. He's been listed as an 'adviser' many times, apparently...

Re: Schumacher. I don't think the show was being entirely disingenuous there - some of the manufacturers of the hyper-quick and expensive cars doing the power lap only allow their cars to race if their own test driver does the lap and 'becomes' the Stig for the day. It's probably something to do with insurance as much as they want to give as much positive publicity to their product by having it driven by someone who knows how to get the best out of it immediately.

Now, here's where the car bore in me comes out.

I'm 99% sure that the Ferrari FXX in the show was Schumacher's own (he was given one when he retired from F1) as I know he drives a black one and all the other FXX's I've seen pictures of have a white stripe down the bonnet apart from Michael's. Schumi also does a lot of work for Ferrari so it's no great leap that they wanted him to drive their car (or his car, heh) around the TG track. It's a worldwide show now and having their car at the top of the power lap board would carry a degree of weight.

Of course, it's gonna be a scoop for TG as well to have one of the best racing drivers ever in the studio for an interview.

The Tooth Fairy and Santa definitely exist, by the way.

EDIT - Wiki seems to back me up on the FXX, anyway. Link

After finishing up South Park Season 12 and Birds of Prey, I've decided to tackle three television series all at once, taking turns with each throughout the weeks. I usually only go through and watch one or two TV series at a time, but ever since I've been out of school, I've had a bit more time on my hands, plus I haven't been watching quite as many movies lately; I've been shifting my attention more toward television shows as of late for some reason.

So, that said, the three TV series I'm cycling through watching, all from the very beginning, are:

Alias

I've never actually seen any of this series before, but recently it's struck interest in me, so I decided to buy Season 1 on DVD and start watching it. I'm almost to the season finale now and I'm loving it. JJ Abrams is the man.

Angel

It's been about two years since I've watched Angel all the way through, and when I found myself with a sudden urge to watch it a couple weeks ago, I decided to tackle it from the beginning.

LOST

I just recently picked up Seasons 1 and 2 on Blu-ray after trading in my DVDs of them, and now I have the entire series on Blu-ray. So, I think, this is the perfect time to get LOST from the very beginning for the first time since I originally watched it on TV. And now, on Blu-ray. Plus it'll make the wait for Season 6 much more fulfilling.

Not much of a LOST fan, bleached (you neglected to mention it)?

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I didn't neglect, I just mentioned the things I'm a bigger fan of. No, Lost angered me in Season 2. I'm not a big fan of it these days.

I liked it very much in Season 1. I'm still watching but it mostly frustrates me now. I'm not even sure why I'm still watching.

I guess I just want them to prove to me they had a plan from Season 1. I want there to be good story reasons for the things have have happened. I want to see a real conclusion that in some way makes sense. I want them to prove they haven't just been winging it and jerking us around but I doubt they will.

I didn't neglect, I just mentioned the things I'm a bigger fan of. No, Lost angered me in Season 2.
I didn't even make it that far. I got about 8 or 9 episodes in and thought to myself; "what the hell am I still watching this for?!?!" Not sat and watched a frame of it since. Still, it did better than Prison Break, which made 5 episodes and I thought the first two of those were ok. Then something happened, I don't remember what, and I thought this programme is so preposterous that I'm going to stop now, before I wonder why I bothered. Actually, quite a few of the 'big shows' of the last years I've wondered just why anyone's still watching, the two mentioned, "24", "Desperate Housewives", "Numb3rs", any of the CSI's apart from the first (and I stopped about 3 episodes into season 7 or 8. I can't remember now) and all those bloody voting shows (obviously).

As for me, I'm still watching the usual. Really loving Dexter (season 3) at the moment. I can't believe that it's gotten so much flak. One of my friends has given up already. Honestly, I think this is the best it's ever been and, so far (about 8 episodes into season 3) it's easily the best season.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I used to watch the first CSI but one night my son's gf was over. The episode was about weighing and drinking ones pee. I was so embarrassed, I never watched it again. The gf was supposed to be playing vid games with my son NOT stopping to watch. LOL!

I couldn't get into 24 week after week but did start watching it on DVD after Best Week Ever told us that Jack Bauer bit the jugular vein out of someone's throat! Kewl! I had to see that!

I love Dexter but I haven't seen past the second season because we don't get premium channels.

I never watched any of the others because I wasn't interested.

I prefer to watch shows in boxed DVD sets from the library. I've found 4400, Odyssey 5, Rome, Big Love, Weeds and many more that way!

I didn't even make it that far. I got about 8 or 9 episodes in and thought to myself; "what the hell am I still watching this for?!?!" Not sat and watched a frame of it since. Still, it did better than Prison Break, which made 5 episodes and I thought the first two of those were ok. Then something happened, I don't remember what, and I thought this programme is so preposterous that I'm going to stop now, before I wonder why I bothered. Actually, quite a few of the 'big shows' of the last years I've wondered just why anyone's still watching, the two mentioned, "24", "Desperate Housewives", "Numb3rs", any of the CSI's apart from the first (and I stopped about 3 episodes into season 7 or 8. I can't remember now) and all those bloody voting shows (obviously).

As for me, I'm still watching the usual. Really loving Dexter (season 3) at the moment. I can't believe that it's gotten so much flak. One of my friends has given up already. Honestly, I think this is the best it's ever been and, so far (about 8 episodes into season 3) it's easily the best season.

I loved Rome, I was gutted that they decided not to make another season. They're making a film, but that so rarely works that I'm not holding out much hope.

I had to watch 3 seasons of "24". It moved channels over here and my friend didn't have the channel it moved to, so I used to record them (among a number of other programmes she couldn't get) for her and watched them with her. I watched seasons 4,5 and 6 and they really got worse and worse. That last one (season 6) was almost unwatchable at times. She got satellite last summer, so I didn't have to watch season 7. Yay!!

I watch a few tv shows on dvd too, but I've usually seen them already or, at least, most of them. I must say that, were it not for Sky+ (a kind of British TiVo) I probably wouldn't watch programmes like Heroes or Lie To Me. Even things like House wouldn't get me in front of it week in, week out.