Favorite Romance Movies...i.e."chick flicks"

Tools    

Oh this is easypeasy.
Got enough time to read my full on list?

Love actually,
Hope springs,
Then she found me,
Bridget Jones Diary 1 & 2,
Mamma mia,
About a boy,
Music & lyrics,
(are we seeing a pattern, i love colin firth and hugh grant. colin more ofc)
Stepmom (Bawled like a baby!),
My girl (another real tearjerker),
Pretty woman,
Series of unfortunate events (its not really romantic, but its a lovely film, so sad at the end when they're reading the letter)

Uhm, can't think of anymore really,
but there's actually loads of movies i'd say are romantic.

AWWW
love The Notebook
27 Dresses
Daddy's Little Girls
Blood and Chocolate
Ella Enchanted
Princess Diaries

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
-the notebook
-steel magnolias
-legend of the falls
-walk to remember
-princess diaries
-stepmom
-pretty woman
-Imitation of Life
-fried green tomatoes
-
titanic
-my best friend's wedding
-sleepless in seattle
-notting hill

this is just a short list..

personally i cant stand hugh grant and i dont meen this as a stab to anyone who does like him. his demeanor just irritates me. i dont find his sheer inability to control himself emotionally attractive nor charming. soo with that being said that pretty much cuts out 80% of chick flicks ever made. (i understand this is an exaggeration)..
but my favorite.
"Tristan & Isolde".. im a sucker for james franco and i bawled like an infant at the end of this movie. ahh i love it.
and of corse "Titanic." its jus such a classic. and with the word classic being used i always have to say "Gone with the Wind" what a beautiful film.. im sure there is more..

I am half agony, half hope.
You know what? Titanic was on the other night, and as we were watching it, all I noticed was how mediocre the acting was. I'm over this movie now.

Johann von Goethe

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
to me, its not the acting. just the way it made me feel like i was on the liner. the way that cameron dove down to the bottom and the intense research of the interior and outside shots made me wish yet again how much i wish i had been there... not to sink but just to see it with my own eyes. i am a HUGE titanic buff in case you cannot tell....

Titanic Was Okay, But It Definintly Doesn't Deserve All The Praise It Gets IMO.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I like the recent Titanic a lot. I also think a helluva lot of A Night to Remember and the Stanwyck/Clifton Webb Titanic. I'm not really sure how people can believe that the stories aren't interesting. Those lives certainly deserve to be memorialized even if the main characters (in some of the films) are fictitious. We all know the truth of the situation.

The Last American Virgin gets to me, a lot.

I will not mention how I feel about the Titanic, because well...yeah.

I will not mention how I feel about the Titanic, because well...yeah.
Tell me! Tell me!

I've never cared for the movie Titanic. Then again, I'm quite capable of respecting, and remembering the tragedy of those people, without watching Mr. King of the World's movie.

You know what? Titanic was on the other night, and as we were watching it, all I noticed was how mediocre the acting was. I'm over this movie now.

Little floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
Amelie, Titanic, The Fountain ( all though super sad ), A Very Long Engagement, Legend, Sweet Home Alabama ( for some reason I really like this movie even if others think it stinks) !

my faves :

The Philadelphia Story
(1940)
Annie Hall (1977)
The Shop Around the Corner (1940)
When Harry Met Sally...(1989)
Manhattan (1979)
The Apartment (1960)
"Like the fella says...in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock!"
- Harry Lime, Vienna, 1948

oh, and "romantic non-comedies":

Doctor Zhivago (1965)
Casablanca (1942)
Gone with the Wind (1939)
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
The Last of the Mohicans (1992)