What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

"Andy Richter Controls the Universe"
THE COMPLETE SERIES

"In Treatment"
SEASON ONE

Forbidden Hollywood Collection
Volume Three
SIX PRE-CODE FILMS BY WILLIAM WELLMAN
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Re: Lennon's avoidance of David Lynch.

Give him time, all film fans inevitably visit one of his movies sooner or later. He could always start out light with one of my favourites by Mr. Lynch, The Straight Story.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Forbidden Hollywood Collection
Volume Three
SIX PRE-CODE FILMS BY WILLIAM WELLMAN
I like Heroes For Sale and Wild Boys of the Open Road a lot. If I'm not mistaken, TCM just showed all these tonight! I missed them unfortuantely, but I taped the two I mentioned years ago, and they're unsurprisringly still significant today.

Re: Lennon's avoidance of David Lynch.

Give him time, all film fans inevitably visit one of his movies sooner or later. He could always start out light with one of my favourites by Mr. Lynch, The Straight Story.
I second the recommendation of The Straight Story. One of my all time favourites. Actually, if I could come up with a top 10, this may well be on it.

If you don't want 'weird' Lynch, check out The Elephant Man too. Though, obviously, that's a lot darker in tone.

Dressed to Kill and Burial Ground are upgrades from VHS (Burial Ground is called The Zombie Dead in the UK). Jeremiah Johnson because I haven't seen it for years and remember loving it as a teenager. Dead and Breakfast on the recommendation of Mr. Powdered Water

Also had to re-order these on Amazon thanks to a bad seller not sending me anything

Had to be done even though some time next year they'll release another box set with the 6 in it! I'm a sucker
By the time the franchise comes to an end i'll more than likely have about 7 different copies of each Saw films! Doh!
mermermer... panties on.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/

As I have recently got into this fantastic series I had to pick up this boxset as it was on sale

It has The Mini Series, Season 1,2,3 Razor and the first half of Season 4. I know that there is the rest of season 4 coming out plus a new tv movie and there is no doubt there will be a awesome collection, but I couldnt wait

Spacefish UK that is an awesome looking boxset

I bought Slumdog Millionaire. I actually went out to get it, something I never do (I buy from Amazon). I'm happy to have it and all, but I'm sick of getting these flimsy "eco-boxes". Thankfully, my Ring 2 DVD case was in perfect condition, and that's in my pile of bad movies to get rid of, so I just switched them out.

Oh, and mine came with the script (with a introduction by Mr. Boyle). Target exclusive, I guess. Yay.

i think the last dvd i bought was. Spirited Away, which is still in its wrapping. i havent watched it. i keep meaning too. but just always seem to get distracted by other films.

anyone else watched it?
would like to know what people think to be honest

just bought intruder, creepozoids and cemetery high I couldn't help it full moon had a sale today

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
went to FYE woohoo

The Devil's Backbone

Psycho (i can finally see this bitch that's on every list ever made)

Underworld (it had to be done, i only had it on vhs )

Dr. Strangelove

Monty Python's The Meaning of Life (haven't seen it but it was cheap and i'm an impulse buyer =\)

Ghandi (haven't seen it)

The Village (i don't get why people hate this)

Chinatown

good haul!