Thundercats

Tools    

It is said that a Thundercats adaption is in the works. Is there any truth behind this? The rumored cast is Brad Pitt, Hugh Jackman, and Vin Diesel. What are your thoughts on this? To me it seems like it would be a flop, sorta like Dick Tracy ended up being.

Dick Tracey flop?
TOTAL LIFETIME GROSSES Domestic: $103,738,726 Foreign: $59,000,000 = Worldwide: $162,738,726

Being a fan of Thundercats I do agree that it probaly would not be a very good movie. Were you trying to say you did not like Dick Tracy? That would be more accurate statement. If you are trying to say it was a flop then you are wrong and the numbers say so and you should probaly do some reshearch before you make statements like that.

I liked Dick Tracy, although I was probably ten at the time it came out and I haven't seen it in years.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im hoping this would be awesome as im a fan.

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
Wasnt that a cartoon show?

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

i don't think Jackman, and Vin Diesel are going to be in it. if you seen the trailer its a fan made trailer. its not the real trailer.

In my opinion, if any of the actors who were mentioned in the previous posts were to star in this film, this film would be a career killer for all of them.

Despite the fact Vin Diesel's career is nearing the pooper anyhow :P

In the Beginning...
It is said that a Thundercats adaption is in the works. Is there any truth behind this? The rumored cast is Brad Pitt, Hugh Jackman, and Vin Diesel.
This is what happens when people have too much time on their hands:

It is said that a Thundercats adaption is in the works. Is there any truth behind this? The rumored cast is Brad Pitt, Hugh Jackman, and Vin Diesel. What are your thoughts on this? To me it seems like it would be a flop, sorta like Dick Tracy ended up being.

Thats Hallarious!

It was a fan made trailer by Wormy T. When I have posted enough intro posts I will post a link to it.

Sorry to dissapoint dude but it was fake.

some things should stay cartoon-y or anime - kind of like Hellsing. I highly doubt I would like any incarnation of that series as a RL movie/series.

Resident Evil: Degeneration is more gamelike and compelling as well (though I also enjoyed the movies as a departure from the game series).

Thundercats, while enjoyable, seems to also be one of those type of franchises: better left alone!

Has Addicted Dvd Sydrom - ADS
Most Cartoon Movies That Come Out Turn Out Pretty Good. Soo I Guess It Depends On The Storyline That They Use.

i never really liked the cartoon series
but this doesnt sound that bad
i mean theyres some good actors in it!
who knows, might be good

I think they would have to release a new Thundercats cartoon series on Toon Network or something. For the movie to have a success they would have to introduce the Thundercats to kids now.

I think they would have to release a new Thundercats cartoon series on Toon Network or something. For the movie to have a success they would have to introduce the Thundercats to kids now.
Agreed, for the consumers to remember and recall the series, they would have to re-air the series. But I highly doubt cartoon network would do that especially since Toonami does not get the ratings it use to and I doubt CN would want to replace it with one of their shows that are on now.

One show on now I would consider replacing w/ thundercats is 6teen. I love Total Drama Island, but 6teen is just utter crap.

If they wait till 2010, they might have a chance to bring life back to the franchise, since this year will mark its 25th anniversary.