Reign of Fire

Tools    

I like the archangel concept - delta force guys for dragon fighting!

Hey have you guys seen the new behind the scenes clip? Looks like the movie is going to be pretty good! They only have it on quicktime though. Check it out ... good stuff~

http://qtp01sea.activate.net/digital...isode5_750.mov

I couldn't open that link but is it the same as the one at ifilm? http://www.ifilm.com/ The dragons/special effects look great! I really like Christian Bale too but not completely sold on McConaughey. I think it will be the special effects that make this movie a hit.

I agree ... the special effects and the dragons are gonna be HUGE!! I saw that movie on iFILM too ... looks like they spent a lot of time and energy on making the dragons super bad-azz! I'm usually not a fan of ancient-evil-is-reborn-to-terrorize-humans movies, but this one looks very cool! I'll be there opening day!

I found that clip on the official ROF site as well, and a lot easier to find - pops straight up atcha.

www.reignoffire.com

I think ROF is going up against Road to Perdition, here's hoping it burns a hole in Tom Hanks smug profits!

The Gweat and Tewwible
Dude! I just found out that Christian Bale is in it. I heard about a "dragon movie" but I didn't really think much about it. A few days ago, however, I came upon the poster at the movie theater. I had no idea it was a movie about dragons in the future so it was kind of weird seeing helicopters in the picture. I really had no clue that there was an awesome cast until I went to upcomingmovies.com today. I guess I should have read these posts. Now that I know Christian Bale is in it I am definately going to see it. And because I like dragons...of course.

Tehee...I will definately catch this one before I go see a Tom Hanks flick. I really don't understand that guy...

what is this anti- tom hanks i hear? Its reign of fire, its a huge joke... are you people serious? sure it has DRAGONS!!!! but really thats it, i have never heard a stupider story line, dont take this wrong i am definatley excited for this movie, but not in the same way i am for Road to Periditon, its Tom Hanks, all factors considered, hes the greatest actor in the world right now. That could be an oscar winner, ROF on the other hand has DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!!
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Granted, it might be like arguing cheddar cheese is better than a block of wood, but I'm bored of Tom Hanks.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by mecurdius
...but not in the same way i am for Road to Periditon, its Tom Hanks, all factors considered, hes the greatest actor in the world right now. That could be an oscar winner, ROF on the other hand has DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!!
To tell you the truth, I've heard absolutely nothing for Perdition while I've heard a lot more about Reign of Fire
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

The Gweat and Tewwible
I just said that I don't understand him. He makes a career out of some mediocre comedies in the 80's, granted BIG was actually pretty good. Then he tries to take on a serious role in Philadelphia, which I haven't even seen (so I can't say anything about it) He wasn't really a big star until Forrest Gump, and then he was taken "seriously." There was nothing serious, however, about that role or that movie. After that he basically got the same roles in every movie and none of them were too comedic. I guess it is good that he is trying to branch out or whatnot, but I don't think that the audience can percieve him as a "bad guy" like he is supposed to be in this movie. Well, we'll see....

Road to Perdition and Reign of Fire are hardly comparable. Hanks is a great actor and I'm excited to see his movie too! I guess it just depends on what kind of mood you're in on opening day. Hmmm...fire-breathing dragons destroying humankind type of movie or father-son hero type of movie~! Tee-hee~

The Gweat and Tewwible
Originally posted by spudracer
If you're gonna talk Tom Hanks, start a thread in the Actors forum.
Sorry, I realized that my whole post had nothing to do with Reign of Fire. ROF rules, I am definately going to see it!!! There is that better?

Ozma -your diagnosis of Tom Hanks is spot on!

Did anyone else notice that the crocodile hunter movie is coming out on the same day?

And I will remember to mention RoF in this thread for fear of being reprimanded - it looks damn good - darker than most action movies I think

It's okay to go off on a tangent though, isn't it? Most discussions end up straying away from the original topic...LOL!

But yeah, ROF does look perdy cool. I'm hoping they use more than one type of dragon to make it more interesting. I wonder how many different types there'll be...

Morbida
THis movie loooks great, its about time they do a kick ass movie involving drac's

I hadn't thought about different types of dragons. That making of clip only details one, but I suppose they could be ready to surprise us... Maybe a giant queen dragon like in ALiens - that would be cool.

Aren't there meant to be millions of dragons in this movie, like enough to have wiped out most of mankind. You can just imagone the skies black with attacking dragons…

WARNING: "Reign of Fire" spoilers below
I read a review of the film and they said that there's one male dragon and the rest are female dragons or something like that... so the male goes and does his deed with the females and I guess that's how they became millions of dragons.

Oh, and they said the film was awesome!!! SOOOOOOO Happy!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYYYY!!!