Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Reign of Fire (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=1926)

Yoda 03-06-02 01:52 PM

Reign of Fire

Got some video game screenshots, and it's Official Site is up on the web. No, you won't find any dragon shots on either. What the hell?

spudracer 04-19-02 02:47 PM

Is this the same thing as the movie that'll be released in a couple of months? Movie looks to be very good. Matthew Mohoganey, and Christian Bale star in it.

Yoda 04-19-02 02:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You got it. Check this out:

Reign of Fire - First Trailer

I finally got to see my dragons! I've been waiting so long! Happy happy, joy joy. They look awesome. Smart, kick-a** dragons. Me likey...very much. I've attached a big ol' poster image, too. This movie looks disturbingly cool. There are a few rumors going 'round, though:

WARNING: "Reign of Fire" spoilers below
Apparently some screening audiences found the ending "too downbeat." Take that for what you will. I guess it might be a pretty dark ending. Maybe the dragons win. Maybe they lose but a lot of people die...I dunno. But I'm encouraged by this...a lot of the movies I see where the good guy doesn't come out 100% on top were well worth watching in retrospect.

Anywhere, here ya' go: cool dragons. Not that there's any other kind of dragon.

spudracer 04-19-02 02:55 PM

Saw some scenes from this on ET last night. It does look very cool, and so do the dragons.

borabora 04-22-02 04:44 AM

When I first heard about this movie...I was like, "whatever, it's gonna be so lame"...but after seeing the trailer and the poster...HOLY! Looks pretty good! Maybe we'll finally get a good dragon movie this year after all! *Keeping my fingers crossed*
Rob Bowman's directing it so I'm sure it'll be good! Doesn't that dragon look awesome? But the helicopters don't look like they fit in the poster... :rolleyes:

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo...eposterbig.jpg

spudracer 04-22-02 09:40 AM

Well Sean Connery isn't voicing any of the dragons so I think it's safe to say this movie will be worth watching. :D

borabora 04-23-02 03:55 AM

LOL! Tee hee~ But I like Sean Connery! :laugh:

Yoda 04-23-02 09:12 AM

I thought that flick was okay. And Connery is probably the coolest white man alive, more or less:

"I am the lascht one!"

borabora 04-24-02 05:46 AM

Yeah, he's hella old but he's still got that charisma about him...don't know how to explain it but I think he's very cool too. Connery's been around for ages!

borabora 04-26-02 07:09 PM

This might be a stupid question but is Disney a Touchstone company? Cuz I heard that disney's coming out with a new ride based on the movie...

Yoda 04-26-02 07:10 PM

I think it's the other way 'round. :)

jrs 04-26-02 08:14 PM

Screw that connery flick...this looks outstanding

mecurdius 04-27-02 03:06 AM

it has Dragons! i mean c'mon DRAGONS!!!! YEA!!!!!!!
i cant wait:)

Yoda 04-27-02 10:48 AM

Originally posted by mecurdius
it has Dragons! i mean c'mon DRAGONS!!!! YEA!!!!!!!
i cant wait:)
EXACTLY. This is what I've been saying, people. Mother-flippin' dragons fighting guys with tanks and grenades and stuff. Ohhhh yeah. :D :eek:

borabora 04-29-02 03:08 AM

"I think it's the other way 'round."

Oh, hee~ Thanks TWTCommish!~ ;)

spudracer 04-30-02 04:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Was bored so I took a screenshot of the beloved dragon

borabora 05-01-02 04:26 AM

Very nice! It looks like some of the screenshots I've seen for the video game...they're making so many games out of movies nowadays! Hope this one is good though...

spudracer 05-01-02 09:53 AM

Looks very good. But, it's a trailer...it's SUPPOSED to look good.

Oricle 05-01-02 07:29 PM

This movie looks so bad ass. I just saw the trailer. The whole story and the cast is great. I can't wait.:D

borabora 05-02-02 05:28 PM

Yup! I'm looking forward to this flick more and more~ :p