Scooby Doo

Tools    

You guys really think Lillard does the role good? The voice and the hair doesn't seem right and in the cartoons, shag had a scruffy voice, remember. I'd have to see the movie to determine for myself.
I do agree with you about Prinze and Geller though.

Yeah, I honestly think he's one of the best choices available for Shaggy...I think he owns the role completely. I mean, he can't sound EXACTLY like Shaggy...in my opinion, he sounds just like a real-life, flesh-and-bloody Shaggy ought to. He sounds a lot like the actual Shaggy, but not so much that he doesn't sound like an ACTUAL person.

That's my impression, at least.

Yeah, I guess so.....

I'm nice and new here. But I've been following the movie since I first heard the old Mike Myers rumour back in around 1997.

The movie was filmed half an hour down the road from me, actually some parts were filmed as close as 5 or 10 mins from where I am now. Believe me, I've been following production very closely from day one.

I'm surprised to see no one mentioned good old Rowan Atkinson playing a supporting role. Apart from being the perfect "I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you pesky kids...", he fits the character he plays very well. His way of changing character as the story unfolds is amazing.

Also, to the dude who said way back a zillion years ago that Hugo Weaving was Brittish, think again. He was born in Nigeria, but moved to Australia in his late teens, and spent much of his life until he made it big, here.

Matthew Lillard - good for the part, seems to have done wonders with it.
Freddie Prinze - probably not the best choice, but did what was humanly possible to do it well.
Sarah Michelle Gellar - best younger actor out there to suit Daphne.
Linda Cardellini - dead lookalike, but they seem to have changed the character to make it much less "dorky".

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I don't think anyone can sound exactly like the Casey Kasem Shaggy.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

the trailer looks cool. i totally forgot about that cartoon until i saw that it was being made into a movie lol.

Hi...I am so excited for scoobs too...I think Matthew Lilard was a great choice for Shaggy...but does anyone know if that annoying dog Scrappy is going to make his film debut with Scoobs???? I hope NOT!

Don't you guys ever watch the "E! True Hollywood Story"? It was revealed in a where-are-they-now segment towards the end of their look at "Scooby-Doo" that Scrappy-Doo had to be put down in late 1994. He developed rabies and bit three children, surely only after severely annoying them first.

Shaggy was arrested and publically humiliated after exposing himself to Casey Kasem in an adult theater, Fred became a congressman from Iowa's Fifth District, Daphne became a fundamentalist Christian who retired from showbiz and now has nine children of her own (but no dogs), and Velma has become a mini-mogul after franchising a chain of laser-vision-correction retail outlets found mostly in suburban malls.

As for Scooby-Doo himself, his whereabouts were mostly unknown until this new movie was greenlit. He showed up at an open casting call and the producers had no choice but to cast THE Scooby-Doo as their Scooby-Doo. Apparently Adam West had commiserated with the pooch for years after being cut-out of any participation in the big-budget Warner Bros. series started in 1989 ("At least those dastardly fiends could throw me a cameo"), so Scooby was not going to make the same mistake.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I used to do a lot of drinking and driving, now I just drink and surf. Fewer potential fatalities, mostly just typos.

Besides, there's that great Dean Martin line that straightened me out on the subject years ago:

"You shouldn't drink and drive. You shouldn't even putt."

I hears ya', Pally!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by Holden Pike
I used to do a lot of drinking and driving, now I just drink and surf. Fewer potential fatalities, mostly just typos.
With typos we can shrug and laugh.

Anywho, back to Doo.

Actually, I believe West was offered a cameo (as Bruce Wayne's father, methinks)...but turned it down. Allegedly he wanted the role of Wayne himself. But the joke, I realize, is the thing.

Exactly what is it that you do do?

RICHARD (Cary Grant): Hey, you remind me of a man.

SUSAN (Shirley Temple): What man?

RICHARD: Man with the power.

SUSAN: What power?

RICHARD: Power of HooDoo.

SUSAN: HooDoo?

RICHARD: You do.

SUSAN: Do what?

RICHARD: Remind me of a man.

SUSAN: What man?

RICHARD: Man with the power...