Scooby Doo

Tools    

B&W
This is one movie I'm really looking forward to.
I have been ever since 1998 when I first heard that it was going to be made.

Did you know that there was a buzz that Jennifer Love Hewitt might play Velma? However, the timing conflicts with her role as the devil in The Devil and Daniel Webster.

If she, along with Sarah Michelle Gellar alone would have made this movie huge with teenagers (with Gellar confirmed it probably will anyway).

Peace,

Now With Moveable Parts
This movie will NEVER, EVER do Scooby Doo justice. I won't even waste my time.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
The teaser for this is amusing, but I'm with Sadie. Scooby Doo is more enjoyable in the direct-to-video series Cartoon Network puts out.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I'm holding out judgement, but I have read SCATHING things about the script from AICN. This movie isn't looking too good, despite the brilliantly funny teaser.

Now With Moveable Parts
Not to mention the whole movie is totally mis-cast! Not one of the people in the movie, would I have chosen to play those parts! Not one! I think if you're going to make a Scooby Doo movie...you should go full-out parody.
Something more along the lines of Jeanene Garofolo as Velma...ya know?
Maybe Gwenth as Daphne, Hugh Jackman as Fred, Ben Stiller as Shaggy, yeah, they are ALL too old...but so what, at least it would be worth watching.

linda carelini is playing velma i wish it were jeanene garfolo
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by mecurdius
linda carelini is playing velma i wish it were jeanene garfolo
who's that chick?

She's from "Freaks & Geeks." I think she's a good choice. I have no problem with the way the CGI Scooby looks/sounds/moves, or with the casting of Velma and Shaggy. My problem lies with two things: A) the apparently suck-a** script, and 2) the casting of Fred and Daphne.

Now With Moveable Parts
who plays Shaggy, I forgot. I KNOW the losers who play the other ones...blech!

mathew lilard, from 13 ghosts and summer catch

Now With Moveable Parts
dear god...

...someone would have to PAY me to see this movie. It makes me want to hold my Scooby Doo underoos tight and shed tears.

Lillard was made for the part of Shaggy. Have you seen him? Dear God he looks just like him. As for Fred and Daphne...yeah it is a shame, but what did you expect here, an A++ script with an A++ cast???

Now With Moveable Parts
He does not look just like him. He's skinnny...that's about it. He will, no doubt, play the role way over the top...like he does every other role. What did I expect? I expected that with the past history of turning cartoons into movies, they would leave Scooby Doo alone. What's next? Power Puff Girls? Ren & Stimpy? Agh...makes me sick. Some people will embrace the idea of anything.

Originally posted by sadesdrk
What's next? Power Puff Girls?
They've already had talks on a PPG movie. No doubt, however, it will stay in the atmosphere which made it a hit.

Yeah, next thing you know they're going to disgarce the name of The Tick by live-actioning it. Oh, wait...

Scooby Doo is gonna be the worst movie since... Um...

My brother looks EXACTLY like Shaggy... In every way.

Now With Moveable Parts
My choice for Shaggy, would be the guy who played Hugh Grant's roommate in Notting Hill. That guy IS Shaggy.

"The Tick" is funny, man. Anyway, the PPG movie is already in the works and is, I hear, due out next year. I'm sure it'll do fairly well, and it'll probably be pretty funny, too. I know the series is. MoJo JoJo is the flippin' man (even though he isn't an actual man). I'd love to see a "Ren & Stimpy" movie, too, BTW.

Originally posted by sadesdrk
My choice for Shaggy, would be the guy who played Hugh Grant's roommate in Notting Hill. That guy IS Shaggy.
He's British...he ain't shaggy. He's just scraggly. Sorry, Dana Carvey would be the perfect Shaggy...droopy shoulders, the slouch, etc. He's got the build, even if he would be a tad old for the part. Rob Lowe would be good, too. I only say that because he played Shaggy as the host of Saturday Night Live awhile back, and did a great job.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by TWTCommish

He's British...he ain't shaggy.
What...you think British people can't play Americans...but Americans can play everything? I say he would be perfect for the part.

This movie is going to blow anyways..so I don't even care who is in it, because I'm not seeing it. I didn't see Jim Carey make a mockary of The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, I didn't see the gay-@ss Flinstones movies ( The Flinstones CARTOON was stupid by it's self) and I didn't see the Rocky & Bulwinkle movie...Know why?! Because they are stupid!

They will NEVER make a Ren & Stimpy movie, unless it was a cartoon...because live action would REALLY SUCK!

They would do a cartoon version of "Ren & Stimpy," no doubt. Fine by me, too. British people can play Americans...but I do think it's tougher for them to play us than it is for us to play them. I'll admit that Hugo Weaving was flippin' awesome going from British to American in "The Matrix," though. One of my favorite villains of all-time. Oh, and Carrey didn't make a mockery of The Grinch...the writers did. The makeup and atmosphere was awesome, and Carrey did a fine job with what he was given.

Anyway, I haven't even heard that British dude (his name is spelled oddly, I think...so I won't even try) try an American accent...let alone an American accent with the VERY distinctive voice of Shaggy. I think it's tough for anyone, British or American, to switch accents, and then do a very precise, distinctive voice like Shaggy's. I'm tellin ya': Dana Carvey, with Rob Lowe as the understudy.