Quote of the Day

Tools    

I am half agony, half hope.
“Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death.”

~Auntie Mame

Johann von Goethe

I've loved that movie forever! I enjoy Rosalind Russell's work, and this movie and The Trouble With Angels I've seen many times. They always make me feel cheery.

I don't watch it, but I know enough to comment on it.

Dan Quayle

Why's there a gun in your trousers?
"I don't think that Slaughterhouse-Five was successful movie material. In fact, Vonnegut's books mostly I don't feel are movie material."
- Jerry Garcia

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"I don't want to never see no more police in my life, at my house, taking my ass to jail, for killing my car."

"I liked to go hunting with my father, but I hated being the dog,"

"So I got a doberman, right... Somebody stole him! That's how bad he was."

- Richard Pryor

Do not bite at the bait of pleasure till you know there is no hook beneath it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

"You know what I wish? I wish all the scum of the Earth had one throat and I had my hands about it."

~Rorschach (1975) The Watchmen

The American Dream has run out of gas. The car has stopped. It no longer supplies the world with its images, its dreams, its fantasies. No more. It's over. It supplies the world with its nightmares now: the Kennedy assassination, Watergate, Vietnam. - JG Ballard

"I'm willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong."-Samuel Goldwyn
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"I prefer to work alone and do everything alone, even today. That's why I never became a director. I never had patience with people. I'm very happy that so many young fans have told me that my films have changed their lives. That's a great compliment. It means I did more than just make entertaining films. I actually touched people's lives -- and, I hope, changed them for the better."

- Ray Harryhausen

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.

Mark Twain

He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it.

Herman Melville, Moby Dick, Born August 1st 1819

Welcome to the human race...
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." -- Philip K. Dick

“The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.”-Bob Moawad