The Sims

Tools    

i hear there is going to be a movie based on this game!!

yeah

like Zelda has possibilities of being a movie, but sims...it doesnt have a main plot
its up to u what happens

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I am not allowed to post links yet, but I have also read about this at Gamespot. I can't imagine what approach to the movie they are going to take. I reserve judgment though. When I first heard of the game I kept asking, "But what do you do?" To which I would just the answer, "Oh they just eat, sleep, work, and pee mostly." I couldn't fathom that anyone would think that was fun until I spent the whole day on my niece's computer playing the damn thing.

Maybe they can make the same magic with the movie. I doubt it, but maybe.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
First off, why...no...WHO IN THE HELL WOULD GREENLIGHT SOMETHING LIKE THIS!?

You've got to be drinking the bong water if you think a movie like this would fly. It has nothing to offer. That's why it's called Sims, because it's a simulation of real life for those who don't want to live their real life.

I think if this were to actually happen, the entertainment industry is on its way down. Because seriously, Sims? People that don't even have a recognizable language...Just say !
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

go to google and type in
The Sims movie

Beware The Probe!
I've heard of this project too.
I just can't imagine how it would be done...

The point of the Sims is the viewer is God to the characters and controls every action they make.
How is this translated to film?
Is it live action or CGI?
Is some great force going to be controlling them in the movie?

I did enjoy the game a few years ago and I've been afraid to play any newer versions of it since (being God in this world was kinda addictive).

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
go to google and type in
The Sims movie
Here's what I found at IGN.

The story is being kept under wraps and no actors are attached to the project at this time. According to today's Variety, Brian Lynch (Scary Movie 3) will write the script.
The writer of a threequel is attached so naturally this will probably suck, IMO.

Fox-based producer John Davis is putting together the project. Davis' recent credits include Norbit, Eragon, and Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties -- not exactly a list that will reassure skeptical fans of the game.
So I'm gonna put money on this being a flop. Just a hunch...

so many video game movies were announced but will probabably never be made - uwe bolls latest film is based on the game "postal" and is called postal

amazing

What are they going to make in this movie?

Welcome to the human race...
My theory is it may have something to do with the premade families that existed in the games.

Alternatively, they could just remake The Strangerhood.

I figured it would be a family's life (in the game) that's controlled by a higher unseen force (player) for hilarious consequences concluded with some touching sentiment and a life lesson......

Welcome to the human race...
It just wouldn't be The Sims without someone getting stuck in a pool. Besides, imagine how it would look if it was a real-life movie...

Beware The Probe!
It just wouldn't be The Sims without someone getting stuck in a pool. Besides, imagine how it would look if it was a real-life movie...
Or a walled-up room with no doors.

Maybe it's gonna be a comedy along the lines of .... (arghh...the name escapes me at the moment) ... the one where Jim Carey was in the domed up TV world created about his life.
Cause that might work if done right.

The Truman Show mixed with Bruce Almighty. Put Jim Carrey in it, get Bunuel to direct and we got oursevles a surrealist masterpiece!

Sims a movie.... I think that is waste of good entertainment...

My theory is it may have something to do with the premade families that existed in the games.

Alternatively, they could just remake The Strangerhood.
Yep, I agree. Could be..

Just imagine a sim saying, "I think I am being controlled by someone" .. lol