What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Hard to Find Movies Addict!
The Fight Club, the movie is the story of us, we all have this second self inside which make us think we are stronger than in our average little life, we all wish to be better with what we really are.

you mean to tell me that they sell DVD screeners..... ok I saw the DVD screener and it had those timers all around the screen
You mean you the workprint is what you saw? And no. I get my hands on workprints as well as DVD screeners and such through studios.

Beware The Probe!
Just picked up season 2, vol 1 of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea:

I loved the series as a kid and I already have season 1 so the second part of s2 is on my list as well as s3 and 4 eventually.

I also got Spiderman 2.1 :

I already had the Spidey 2 DVD when it first came out and I really hate when companies do a special edition with extra stuff but I had to get this one (with 8 mins of extra footage) just for the J. Jonah Jameson scene where he puts on the abandoned Spidey suit and crouches around on his desk pretending to spin webs not realizing his staff are watching.

the J. Jonah Jameson scene where he puts on the abandoned Spidey suit and crouches around on his desk pretending to spin webs not realizing his staff are watching.
Why the hell would they cut that scene out. Sounds like the audience really would have enjoyed that scene. I would have anyways.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED

I bought it because it's freakin awesome. The movie and the DVD. A gas can for a case and a match book for a DVD holder? Come on...that's pretty awesome.

I always get myself in trouble with crap like this. I already own Fight Club and Sin City, but tomorrow I'm going out to get the Fight Club steelbook and the deluxe Sin City DVD. The 30 dollar one.

I don't know why I do these things.

Why the hell would they cut that scene out. Sounds like the audience really would have enjoyed that scene. I would have anyways.
8 minutes of excess and unnecessary footage. Like in Spidey 3 with Parker danciing like a jerk. That should of been cut.

I love Hollywood Video! 4 for $20 and 4 for $30 can't get enough DVD's I always say!

Just picked up:
Natural Born Killers
The Golden Child
Cutthroat Island
Empire of the Wolves
Rumor Has It...
The Libertine
Firewall
the good shepherd
Stranger than Fiction
Stomp The Yard
and Cagney and Lacey the first season
I may have a problem but I can stop anytime I want to... I don't want to.

8 minutes of excess and unnecessary footage. Like in Spidey 3 with Parker danciing like a jerk. That should of been cut.
I don't think it was 8 minutes of JJJ jumping in the suit though. If it was, that I could understand.

And Peter danced like a fool who wasnt cool with that ridiculous bad boy haircut. That's the only reason I hated that scene. If he acutally had a real bad boy image going on there, then that would have been superduper, but he didn't.

That squeaky little voice doesn't help his cause either but I will say that it is slightly possible for him to play a character like that to a degree such as he did with his role in The Good German.

Beware The Probe!

I bought it because it's freakin awesome. The movie and the DVD. A gas can for a case and a match book for a DVD holder? Come on...that's pretty awesome.
That does look pretty sweet!
I haven't seen that in any stores yet.

I don't think it was 8 minutes of JJJ jumping in the suit though. If it was, that I could understand.
&mode=related&search=

- there's a lot of added little lines and footage at the pizza parlor & when Peter makes his deliveries at the office
- some more lines from Otto and his wife
- more lines from Bruce Campbell
- the main fights Doctor Octopus and Spidey have been increased
- the office footage we saw unfinished in the documentary for the original DVD set of the second movie has now been finished and restored to the running time
- more action shots and moments have been added to the elevated train sequence as well
- we see Peter take over driving the car of the robbers he stops in lieu of going to MJ's play and he removes his mask in costume while driving the car
- the alternate version of Hal Sparks's cameo scene, where he tries to pitch advertising ideas to Spidey
- Vanessa Ferlito as MJ's friend, Louise, is in a store with her questioning her impending marriage to John Jameson
- the police radio that was a prop from the third movie punctuates the moment of Peter sitting alone in his dilapidated apartment
- the extended conversation with Harry/Peter at home works a lot better

Bought Stargate SG-1 - Season 10 DVD as well as Star Trek Fan Collective - Captain's Log.

The final season of SG-1 was a must for me even though the series finale could have been better. I guess they were holding out for the 2 new DVD movies coming in 2008.

The Trek DVD is the 5th one in the series (Borg, Q, Time Travel & Klingons were the previous themes) fans again voted online this time for their all-time favorite captain episodes from all five Star Trek series, but each show’s legendary leader Captain Kirk, Patrick Stewart, Avery Brooks, Kate Mulgrew, and Scott Bakula has also carefully chosen their favorite episode of their own series.

Just ordered this lot off Amazon (not seen any of them and looking forward to them all)

Now, i can totally relate to that one

And do check my "art": Deviant

That does look pretty sweet!
I haven't seen that in any stores yet.
Yeah it been around for awhile now and not that expensive either. Usually runs around 14 bucks.

Originally Posted by Sci-Fi-Guy
&mode=related&search=
There you go. That would have been friggin' beautiful to see that clip in the actual movie. Not long at all but short, sweet and funny as hell.

Few recent ones Secretary, Hannibal, Domino, You Me and Dupree, A Scanner Darkly, Perfume, INLAND EMPIRE, Kingdom of Heaven, War of the Worlds, Syrianna

A system of cells interlinked