NBC's Heroes

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Ok, so it's fall. Time for football and new seasons of television shows.

Have any of you, in the states that is, been seeing the commercials for NBC's Heroes? Any thoughts on this show, do you think it'll flop like all the others, or do you think that it will have a storyline that will carry it a full season, and possibly a return next fall?

I don't know, it looks interesting, I'll at least watch the premiere.

Of course, that's not the only show on this fall. I'm sure you have one you're looking forward to. Let's get together and spoon over the new season. Maybe not spoon, maybe that's a little too forward.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I saw the "trailer" for it; looks very interesting. Ambitious, if nothing else. Not exactly breaking new ground, from the looks of things (looks like X-Men meets The 4400). Still, I'll definitely be checking it out. Apparently there are a handful of ways you can even acquire one of a number of promotional codes good for a download of the pilot via iTunes.

The only show I plan to make a weekly routine out of at the moment, however, is Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. I need my Sorkin fix, and like the cast, even if it appears it'll be a bit more Sports Night than The West Wing. I'm still pysched about it, though.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I'm not quite sure what the premise of Heroes is at this point. People who inadvertently get superpowers? Thanks, but I'll pass. I'll stick with HBO series and "24" when it comes out again. (By then I hope to be more caught up with back seasons and up to speed.)

And Survivor and Amazing Race and FOOOOOOOTBALL! (Steelers, baby....watching the opening game right now! I'm sure Yoda is too.)

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Supposedly, with Heroes, the powers come from an eclipse. Sounds a little hoakey, but like I said, I'll still watch the premiere.

Beware The Probe!
NBC's upcoming fall TV show Heroes (which many say might just be the next Lost) is According to the NBC is drama that tells the story of people who "thought they were like everyone else... until they woke with incredible abilities".
The premise is that these people have a role in "saving humankind".

The show will air Mondays at 9pm/8c. September 25th, 2006 Comic book writer Jeph Loeb (LOST AND SMALLVILLE) has signed on as a writer/co-executive producer.

I really like the fact that this show isn't going to be about hokey superheroes in costumes.

From what I've seen of the first episode it looks like it may do well.

If you don't want to wait til Sept. 25th, you can watch the pilot here.
Heroes Episode 1

I'm really interested in seeing this after watching the trailer on NBC website. Not sure when/if Australia will get this.

This show is one of my favorite shows! I love it so far!