And I Want to Thank All the Little People (Seriously)

Tools    

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Usually when I see them in movies I usually give myself a stupid grin and clap along. Why? They're usually put into some role where they're tthe good guys and whenever somebody tries to take a shot at them, they generally get away without a scratch on themselves.

You know what I mean. THE LITTLE PEOPLE!

After having watches The Station Agent, I took into account the world and the seriousness they actually have to offer. Usually we see them crawling unders people legs during brawl fights and what not. It was amazing how Peter Dinklage managed to pull the movie along by himself. I loved him in Find Me Guilty and Elf (short appearance I suppose)

I also like Verne Troyer from Austin Powers and Bubble Boy(!!!!!!!!!!!! He rocked in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

I've never really taken them seriously as I said. In fact I didn't know any of their names. I just think it's a respectable idea to give these guys a little (PUN INTENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!) credit.

So who are your favorite little people?

Oh yeah, Danny DeVito doesn't count.
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

www.forumninja.com
To be honest, other than Warwick Davis, Dinklage, and the late Billy Barty, I don't really know too many little people actors. It must truly be a hard life, and I don't envy them that. I wish there were more roles for Dinklage; he's an amazing actor.

The Lolipop Kids will kill ya eh?

The People's Republic of Clogher
When something like this arises my thoughts always seem to turn to the sad case of David Rappaport, a fine comic actor who came to prominence in Terry Gilliam's Time Bandits and shot himself in 1990 (he'd been suffering from depression). I can remember an interview with him shortly before his death where David bemoaned the fact that his size (3' 11") forced him to be typecast.

"It is the most amazing thing in the world to be 30 and look into the eyes of a child."