Scenes that make you "Hold Your Breath"

Tools    

Originally Posted by undercoverlover
any scene when someone goes under water eg What Lies Beneath
Yes, that one was err... bleh!! Saw and Se7en just thinking of them and I feel shivers!!!! your head being bound with metal and wires blown up meh I taste metal now grossss....

I am half agony, half hope.
The opening of Saving Private Ryan

The scene in Sophies Choice where Sophie has to choose which child to save.

Johann von Goethe

soo many scenes! the shower scenc ein physco(origanal), lol the titanic scene right before that iceburg hits the ship and the lookouts and raying for it to turn, saw the whole movie and se7en the whole movie
Just a dog? Porthos dreams of being a bear, and you want to shatter those dreams by saying he's just a dog? What a horrible candle-snuffing word. That's like saying, "He can't climb that mountain, he's just a man", or "That's not a diamond, it's just a rock." Just.

i think end scene in thelma and louise where they drive there car into the grand canyon.

The "You're not gonna die" scene in Cliffhanger.

The bear eating the guy in The Edge.

Heath Ledger vs Jason Isaacs in The Patriot.

The velociraptors in the kitchen in Jurassic Park.

Uncas vs Magua in Last of the Mohicans.

Scar betraying Mufasa in The Lion King.

have no fear, CPMan is here..
Behind Enemy Lines and Enemy at the Gates..those chase scenes and sniper scenes respectively makes breathless..

Id have to say when Sonny Corleone was shot to death in his car while on his way to see his brother in law for beating up his sister

the movie that made me hold my breathe a few times was Hotel Rwanda it's so true when people are being massacred with machetes i still cant watch it and not wince or breath

Originally Posted by nebbit
This scene
i agree when i saw that and afterwards i looked at my friend and i said ow

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
the climax in the descent
alot of mulholland drive
the life of david gale
se7en

"Your wrong. I will Never Join You. I am a Jedi, like my father before me." Return of the Jedi

"Striking one of the King's soldiers is the same as striking the King himself." Holds knife up to Maron's Neck, she takes one last look at the hills, looking for Wallace. Braveheart

The final scene in Chaplin's City Lights

more to come....

Actually that opening scene in "Cliffhanger" when the girl was hanging on to her dear life. Since i'm not a big fan of heights that one definitely made me hold my breath. Hoping she could just keep hangin' on.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
That reminds me...the opening for Ace Ventura:When Nature Calls. lol

Suspect's Reviews

When Mr. Chow and Mrs. Chan lock eyes in the entrance to the noodle shop during the rain in In the Mood For Love.

I do that. Whenever someone is holding their breath in a film I see if I can match it, and usually fail. Men of Hunour was such an awful premise for a film...

small part of a zombie horde
In a criminally underseen horror called Lighthouse, a man is hiding in a bathroom stall as a killer washes his hands. The killer turns to leave, walking down a set of steps. The man hiding in the stall knocks over a can and it begins to slowly roll towards the steps. If the killer reaches the door before the can reaches the steps the man hiding will survive. Incredibly suspenseful.