Se7en ending

Tools    

Movie Explorer
This movie does NOT need a sequel unless it wants to be thrown under those 'Unneccesary sequels' sections in Entertainment Weekly magazines.

I usually hate sequels to very good movies because most of the time, they come nowhere near the first especially a movie with high rating like Se7en, but then -- I could be wrong.

http://sfy.iv.ru/sfy.html?script=se7en

A lot of it was changed in editing, but they never go as far as changing the plot.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
I had a thought just a second ago on a sequal. Maybe when Brad Pitts character is released from therapy, or wherever he goes, he goes crazy, (or rather is still crazy), thinking that every other person he sees is John Doe. He kills them, thinking he is still taking revenge out on old Me. Doe. Somerset is called in to help the police with leads, but quickly decides to take it upon himself to stop his former partners killing spree.

Just a thought.
Great post!
I love seeing thoughts from someone who sees possibilities.

Whatever happened to this Beale person?

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Great post!

Whatever happened to this Beale person?
He's being hunted by Somerset....

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
He's being hunted by Somerset....
heh! I wonder if this would be a safe place to hide.
Ever wonder how many of those "Guests" who are signed in are looking for their own name?

The People's Republic of Clogher
Great post!
Or someone who's seen Memento...

Originally Posted by MinionTV
Yeah Seven was great...

Isn't everything great..

For God's sake don't watch "signs"
Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
I had a thought just a second ago on a sequal. Maybe when Brad Pitts character is released from therapy, or wherever he goes, he goes crazy, (or rather is still crazy), thinking that every other person he sees is John Doe. He kills them, thinking he is still taking revenge out on old Me. Doe. Somerset is called in to help the police with leads, but quickly decides to take it upon himself to stop his former partners killing spree.

Just a thought.
Uh...where the seven capital sins enter in this plot? I mean...that's the reason the movie is Se7en, not "Serial Killer" or something.

Originally Posted by Equillibrium
Isn't everything great..
If this movie isn't the greatest serial killer movie of all times, so what one could possibly be??
My avatar is the evil doctor whom tried to test if his dumbness potion he put in the water had worked. So he created a movie to defy the inteligence of the most lesser minded human beings he decided to call this movie "signs".

Originally Posted by lucky_luke
Uh...where the seven capital sins enter in this plot? I mean...that's the reason the movie is Se7en, not "Serial Killer" or something.
Most sequels aren't about the exact same thing happening again.

Most sequels aren't about the exact same thing happening again.
No man...I didn't say the same thing I just said that that sequel wouldn't work because it had absolutely nothing to do with the title (Neither Se7en T2o or Ei8th). Anyway for me It should be better leave se7en as it is, some movies weren't made to have any sequels.

Originally Posted by lucky_luke
No man...I didn't say the same thing I just said that that sequel wouldn't work because it had absolutely nothing to do with the title (Neither Se7en T2o or Ei8th). Anyway for me It should be better leave se7en as it is, some movies weren't made to have any sequels.
Why would a sequel to Se7en need to relate to the title of the last film?

I See You When You're Sleeping
Only if it were to be called Seven 2 - The New Batch which is highly unlikely.

Why would a sequel to Se7en need to relate to the title of the last film?
Because since the plot and premise are entirely diferent (Se7en was a serial killer movie and Bradd Pitt's killin' spree don't look very like a Serial Killer movie to me) and the title has nothing to do with the original why instead of making a sequel they just don't make a movie with likely characters, diferent actors, and names (Yeah I know. A sequel is a continuation to the story of the movie. But then again...why continue the story? It's perfect as it is)? because in my humble opinion (And I believe in most others's opinions)a Se7en without Jonh Doe and the capital Sins wouldn't get even close of the original. But...now you mention it...you never know with Hollywood.

I See You When You're Sleeping
I like Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman's characters in the movie. I also love the way the film is shot, so dark and drab. I wouldn't mind seeing these characters in another movie, although it's been a while.

Morgan Freeman carried his character from Kiss the Girls into Along Came a Spider with totally different plotlines.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Rumours on a sequel to Seven are that only Morgan Freeman is in it, he has developed a sixth sense and is hunting down a new serial killer using his new found skill.
I wish I was joking about this, but it seems to have some truth to it, why for the love of God would they do this?
Seven is one of my favourite movies, and I love David Fincher as a director, I'm hoping they leave this one alone!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

maybe they can call the sequal ten, the serial killer kills people who doesn't obey the commandments, and morgan freeman gets his sixth sense from god... i should be a writer i would make millions!

Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
Rumours on a sequel to Seven are that only Morgan Freeman is in it, he has developed a sixth sense and is hunting down a new serial killer using his new found skill.
I wish I was joking about this, but it seems to have some truth to it, why for the love of God would they do this?
You're joking about don't be joking right? Please tell me they won't do that with that movie! They can't be even thinking on making a sequel for signs!

District B13
I believe the ending of Se7en denotes that we all have personal sins and that dealing with them through violence towards others will only give us satisfaction opposed to looking at our own malfunctions.

Just my opinion.

You want to post like me?
I've just re-watched Se7en.
First of all. It does indeed sound like there's a gunshot fired at the end. Freeman quotes Hemmingway; "The world is a fine place, and worth fighting for" - a very dull, low 'bang' sounds, which could be gunshot or thunder (it isn't raining though) - "I agree with the second part".
I'm having trouble seeing this as a coincidence. Remember the director, writer, whatever, put that sound in there on purpose and probably had a reason for doing so. However, this doesn't mean Pitt's character gets shot - it could just be a dramatic effect.
Secondly. Some of you may have noticed that right before Pitt shoots John Doe an image shows on the screen for a split second, in the style of Fight Club. I managed to pause the film there and it's nothing more than the living face of Pitt's wife (in the movie of course). No gore or something of importance, just so you know.