What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Originally Posted by Johnseprish
A friend of mine (who is a flight attendant) bought the film "The Aviary" for me as a birthday gift. I have always been interested in Aviation and flight attendants so I guess she thought I would like it. Before watching it all I knew is that it was a feature film written and produced by a flight attendant. I had also read an article in the San Francisco Chronicle about the gal who made it:SF CHRONICLE ARTICLE
After finally watching the film I can honestly say that it blew me away. I'm not sure how much it was made for (although I have read that it was between 25-50K) but it has amazing production value (I would have guessed the budget at closer to 1-2 mill). The acting is remarkable, beautiful cinematography and the story is very compelling. As an aspiring film maker and aviation buff I was truly inspired by this movie. The insiders perspective really shined through this fast paced, thoughtful, honest look at the people who make up the modern world of aviation.

You can watch the trailer:The Aviary Official Site
I finally found a review of the movie:
The Aviary Review

The People's Republic of Clogher

I'm not as broke as I thought.

history *is* moralizing

parts 1 and 2

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Sinny McGuffins
Was Bullet Boy a blind buy or had you seen it before?
Partially sighted.

It was recommended from a trustworthy source.

Sin City ... with the reputation it has going for it, I had to buy it ... and glad I did!!!

phantom menace, cause I love Star Wars and i didn't own any of the prequel DVD's yet.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
I can't speak for Ghost Dog but you wont be able to dislike Sullivan's Travels.

a couple of days ago I watched Gimme Shelter for the first time. I thought it was one of the best documentaries I've seen to date. I mean I really enjoyed it. So I went ahead and bought this other film that I had heard about, by my favorite, Jean-Luc Godard, Sympathy for the Devil, another Rolling Stones film/documentary. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm excited!

I am the Nightrider!
Just added these to my grand collection!

-UJ

The Family Guy season 3. I like collecting comedy shows.

There are those who call me...Tim.
Goodfellas. Well I took back my copy of Josey Wales (couldn't get into it), and I could only trade it in for another DVD for the same price.

I've watched an hour and a half of it so far (only stopped because my headache was getting too bad) and it's pretty good.