Movie Tab II

Tools    

Originally Posted by Aniko
Being Julia I loved it and I loved Annette Benning. Nice supporting cast, but I could have done with a different actor as the boy toy. He was ok, just..ehhh..nothing special. Great ending.

Birdygirl or Susan, have you seen this yet?
not yet, but i will look for it...thanks for the tip, annie

You ready? You look ready.
The Gods Must Be Crazy- A hilarious Indie film. My gramps recommended it to me and I saw it was on Starz.

Escape From New York- Snake Pliskin is an awesome character. He just has horrible story lines surronding him. Oh well.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Lets put a smile on that block
American Psycho (2000 - Mary Harron)

A great film, love the character of Patrick Bateman, representing the materialistic, consumer ridden society of 80's America where corperations are a way of life and the height of sophistication, popularity and cool is to get a reservation at the hippest restaurant in town. Theres so much to say about this film. But i'm a bit stoned. So i wont.

Sin City (2005)

(view the trailer)

Starring: Mickey Rourke, Bruce Willis, Clive Owen, Benicio Del Toro, Rosario Dawson, Jessica Alba, Jaime King, Brittany Murphy
Directed by: Robert Rodriguez, Frank Miller

My Grade: A+

Straight Time (1978)

(no trailer available)

Starring: Dustin Hoffman, Theresa Russell, Gary Busey, Harry Dean Stanton, M. Emmet Walsh, Kathy Bates
Directed by: Ulu Grosbard

My Grade: A

The Silent Partner (1978)

(no trailer available)

Starring: Elliott Gould, Christopher Plummer, Susannah York, Céline Lomez, Michael Kirby

Directed by: Daryl Duke

My Grade: B+

The Virgin Suicides (2000)

(view the trailer)

Starring: James Woods, Kathleen Turner, Kirsten Dunst, Josh Hartnett, A.J. Cook, Hanna R. Hall, Leslie Hayman, Chelse Swain
Directed by: Sofia Coppola

My Grade: C+

M*A*S*H (1970)

(view the trailer)

Starring: Donald Sutherland, Elliott Gould, Tom Skerritt, Sally Kellerman, Robert Duvall, Roger Bowen, Rene Auberjonois, John Schuck, Gary Burghoff
Directed by: Robert Altman

The Elephant Man (1980)

(view the trailer)

Starring: John Gielgud, Anne Bancroft, Anthony Hopkins, Freddie Jones, John Hurt, Wendy Hiller
Directed by: David Lynch

My Grade: B

Matewan (1987)

(view the trailer)

Starring: Chris Cooper, James Earl Jones, Mary McDonnell, Kevin Tighe, Will Oldham, Bob Gunton, Ken Jenkins
Directed by: John Sayles

The Killing (1956)

(view the trailer)

Starring: Sterling Hayden, Coleen Gray, Vince Edwards, Jay C. Flippen, Elisha Cook Jr., Marie Windsor
Directed by: Stanley Kubrick

Cookie’s Fortune (1999)

(view the trailer)

Starring: Glenn Close, Charles S. Dutton, Julianne Moore, Liv Tyler, Chris O'Donnell, Patricia Neal, Ned Beatty, Courtney B. Vance
Directed by: Robert Altman

The Brother From Another Planet (1984)

(view the trailer)

Starring: Joe Morton, Daryl Edwards, Steve James, Leonard Jackson, Maggie Renzi, Rosetta LeNoire, David Strathairn, John Sayles
Directed by: John Sayles

Let it Ride (1989)

(no trailer available)

Starring: Richard Dreyfuss, David Johansen, Teri Garr, Jennifer Tilly

Directed by: Joe Pytka

Dogville (2003)

(view the trailer)

Starring: Nicole Kidman, Paul Bettany, Lauren Bacall, Patricia Clarkson, Philip Baker Hall, Stellan Skarsgård, Chloë Sevigny, John Hurt
Directed by: Lars von Trier

Dr. Strangelove or: How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)

(view the trailer)

Starring: Peter Sellers, George C. Scott, Sterling Hayden, Keenan Wynn, Slim Pickens, Peter Bull, James Earl Jones
Directed by: Stanley Kubrick

"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I got for good luck my black tooth.
City BY The Sea **1/2

spoilers below

Originally Posted by John McClane
The Forgotten- A sheer, WTF?! film. Although, it has it's moments. C+
Its best moments for me were when people were sucked up into the sky. Those were laugh out loud in their absurdity

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
Did someone say France sucks? Hmm, Hmm, Hmmmm!?!?!
i love you too! and yes, i always said so, that's why i moved away!!
(but some French suck nicely, dya know?? hehe )
(no nono, not me, i didn't mean me...)

history *is* moralizing
and by the way, my movies this weekend:
Così Come Sei, Nastassia Kinski (mmmmh) and Mastroianni, twas okay
and Shikoku, Japan 1999, well, nothing new there and nice pics don't make a great movie either...

The People's Republic of Clogher
The Wild Bunch (1969, Sam Peckinpah)

5/5

Originally Posted by Sedai
Sin City (Rodriguez, 2005)

Cool av.

Bangkok Dangerous
1999 - Pang Brothers

U Turn
1997 - Oliver Stone

To Live and Die in L.A.
1985 - William Friedkin

Do you know my poetry?
Sin City
2005 - Robert Rodriguez & Frank Miller

Seven Years Bad Luck
1921 - Max Linder

The Kid Brother
1927 - Ted Wilde & J.A. Howe

Originally Posted by Ezikiel
Seven Years Bad Luck
1921 - Max Linder
This is probably my favorite Max Linder picture. I'd be interested in hearing what you though of it.

Man...I wish I knew if you guys actually liked these flicks you've seen.

Susan: Did you enjoy Sin City?

actually i did to a degree...while the violence was a little over the top i really enjoyed mickey rourke as marv and the entire bruce willis/jessica alba love story...it was beautifully filmed and well acted...

as far as the others:

i love meet joe black...one of the more intelligent films out there...always gets me on the death and taxes line

what a girl wants is another one that i watch everytime it hits cable...i love the soundtrack, oliver james, jonathan pryce and colin firth

firsttime i've ever seen wild hearts can't be broken...i thought it was a good disney film

and i'd recommend the upside of anger to everyone...well acted and that includes good ole kevin costner

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by Garrett
This is probably my favorite Max Linder picture. I'd be interested in hearing what you though of it.
It's the first Linder picture I've seen, and boy what great fun it was. The mirror gag is priceless, and I must say this film is one of my new favorites of silent comedy era. Linder's comedy gags are great, perhaps not as great as Keaton or Chaplin, although some Keaton features are dissapointing compared to Linder's material in Seven Years Bad Luck. The film is exactly what a great silent comedy should be.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Man...I wish I knew if you guys actually liked these flicks you've seen.
From now on I will be sure to post a rating and/or comment.

The Big Lebowski ****1/2
Esp. loved John Goodman's performance. I thought it was great how bits of dialogue were repeated throughout the movie as it made me feel like I knew the characters, saw them on a regular basis and heard them say these things all the time.

Bruce Campbell Groupie
A Nightmare on Elm Street 4-The Dream MASTER, this is my favourite of the Elm street films, my favourite death is dEbbie, when she gets turned into a cockroach and crushed to death. Freddy isn't scary to me, just very funny.