The Top of the Bleeping Obstacle: MoFo Top 100 War Movies Prelims!

→ in
Tools    

Is the deadline still today? Need to get on this pronto!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Looks like WWII could be the dominant war so far and that includes myself

WWII: 13
WWI: 6
Vietnam: 2
British Empire: 2
Korean: 1
American Civil War: 1

1910s: 1
1930s: 2
1940s: 2
1950s: 2
1960s: 3
1970s: 4
1980s: 6
1990s: 1
2000s: 1
2010s: 2
2020s: 1

Looks like the only decade I missed was the Twenties

Trouble with a capital "T"
My ballot:
British empire wars - 2
Korean war - 1
Vietnam war - 2
WWI - 1
WWII - 20
I guess I'll update this with the decades, you can tell what I usually watch by the numbers.

1920s - 1
1930s - 1
1940s - 5
1950s - 13
1960s - 5
1980s - 2
2000s - 1

Trouble with a capital "T"
Have we badgered the necessary people?
I don't think Keyser PMed people?

I sure did when I hosted the 1930s countdown...I was like a telemarketer with a speed dial machine!

Have we badgered the necessary people?
Who are they? Name names!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but I haven't kept up with this thread. What is the stance on films about fictional wars? Stuff like Duck Soup or Bergman's Shame? Doesn't matter as long as it's tagged as a "war film" on IMDb?

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but I haven't kept up with this thread. What is the stance on films about fictional wars? Stuff like Duck Soup or Bergman's Shame? Doesn't matter as long as it's tagged as a "war film" on IMDb?

In terms of eligibility, apparently the tags are all the matter (it's one of three sites, I think. IMDb, letterboxd, and I'm forgetting the other one).

In terms of how people are voting, I think it's the usual "best X-genre movie" voting logic people usually have to deal with. I know the "best war movie" read vs "best movie that is a war movie" altered at least the placement of at least two or three movies on my ballot (actually probably all of them, come to think about it).

You just gotta see it tagged as "war" in the genre section of either of the three websites. I verify each nom just in case.

My breakdown:

1920s: 1
1930s: 2
1940s: 1
1950s: 2
1960s: 5
1970s: 1
1980s: 6
1990s: 3
2000s: 3
2010s: 1

So it's nice to see I unintentionally have every decade represented.

I won't say some of the wars that I included because that might give away some of my picks, but these were the top ones:

World War II: 10
World War I: 4
Vietnam War: 4

I also had three films about fictional wars.