Looking for an old dog movie.

Tools    

There is this old dog movie I've been trying to find all night. It's likely obscure because I kept googling it but never found the result. Wikipedia doesn't know this movie existed.

So I have scattered image of this peculiar movie I will summarize.

The movie opens up with a mother giving birth to puppies in the woods near the river. As the puppies reached weeks old one of the puppies wander off. Then an old guy on sailing the river on a boat found the family and got them on the boat except the puppy that wander off. The puppy sense something and ran to the river and saw his family on the boat going down the river. The puppy barked desperately while the mother barked back in desperation with the old man not stopping for that puppy. The puppy kept running while helplessly watching his family disappearing.

The sad puppy then goes on a long journey to find his family. Eventually he was picked up by a soldier and raised the puppy to adulthood. The soldier is either fighting I'm WW1 or WW2 an war mission with his master.

The movie ended with the dog reuniting with it's mother with the old man and the owner watching. This movie may be early 90's or the 80's. I'm trying to find out what this movie is called.

Live action or animated?
Live action.

What did the dog look like?
I don't remember...a German Shepard?

I remember it but the name isn't coming to my mind.

Can you add anything like language, plot points, actors?
English, I already provide the plot point and I don't know about the actors.

I'd say Chips the War Dog 1990 but probably not. I was thinking a remake of rin tin tin, maybe. They did do two rin tin tin tv series in the 80s and 90s I believe. Maybe it was a TV show pilot those are sometimes an hour and half long. I remember one show was at a fort and they had on like the blue uniforms and yellow scarf.

I'd say Chips the War Dog 1990 but probably not. I was thinking a remake of rin tin tin, maybe. They did do two rin tin tin tv series in the 80s and 90s I believe. Maybe it was a TV show pilot those are sometimes an hour and half long. I remember one show was at a fort and they had on like the blue uniforms and yellow scarf.
It's not these movie, they don't fit the summary and it's not black and white.

Anyone?

Im guessing you have looked at the Films about Dogs category on Wikipedia?

Im guessing you have looked at the Films about Dogs category on Wikipedia?

I did but could not find it.

The movie you are describing is called "Fluke," which was released in 1995, directed by Carlo Carlei. Am I right?

Bing Skype "answers" - maybe it's good clue :-)

• [Far from Home: The Adventures of Yellow Dog]: This is a 1995 movie about a boy and his Labrador Retriever who get stranded in the wilderness after a boating accident. They have to survive on their own and find their way back home.

• [Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey]: This is a 1993 movie about three pets (a Golden Retriever, an American Bulldog, and a Himalayan cat) who escape from a ranch and embark on an epic journey to find their owners, who have moved to another city.