Violent prison movie from USA

Tools    

I'm looking for a prison movie or TV series from 80's or 90's. Definitely USA. I remember only short and violent scene, perhaps at the start of episode/movie. Two men are prisoners. Perhaps, they are brothers or only buddies. They wears blue jeans and light blue denim or chambray work shirts. Their main opposite man is nefarious prison guard. The warden says to prisoner: "You are free, so you go home", so the prisoner goes slowly (not runs). When he goes through long corridor and he is backed, warden shot him (short pistol, not rifle or shotgun) in his back. Unfortunately, the prisoner is dead (it was sudden and lethal shot in the back). Then, prison guard says to second prisoner: "You will suffer". Second prisoner is scared, he cried probably and kneeled.

I am sure that it was something in style state prison, because according to Wikipedia:
Blue jeans and light blue denim or chambray work shirts became the norm, a tradition still followed in some state prison systems today.
I don't remember other details.

EDIT:
I'm almost sure that it could be low budget movie (typical low budget action thriller about an undercover cop forced to infiltrate a tough American jail) or TV Series. I remember that I saw it at least twice in my life. It was many years ago in Polish television entitled POLSAT. I'm sure that it was USA.

EDIT 2:
I found very similar plot of episode "Matlock", season 4, episode 9:
After an attempted prison breakout, one of the prisoners is killed, presumably by one of the guards. The prisoners riot and take over the prison, insisting on an in-prison trial for the guard. Matlock is recruited to defend the guard.
Is it possible?

Rejected:
1. Cool Hand Luke (1967)
2. Papillon (1973)
3. Escape from Alcatraz (1979)
4. Brubaker (1980)
5. Bad Boys (1983)
6. Six Against the Rock (TV Movie 1987)
7. Tango & Cash (1989)
8. An Innocent Man(1989)
9. Lock Up (1989)
10. Hardcase and Fist (1989)
11. Death Warrant (1990)
12. American Me (1992)
13. Live by the Fist (1993)[b]
14.The Shawshank Redemption (1994) - however here is very similar scene (shot in a back by a prison guard)

15. Against the Wall (1994)
16. Murder in the First (1995)
17. The Last Castle (2001) - however here is similar scene(shot in a back by a prison guard)
18. 13 Dead Men (2003)

TV Series - episodes connected with prison - rejected too:
1. "Knight Rider" No Big Thing (TV Episode 1982)
Knight Rider "Knight Behind Bars" (TV Episode 1985)
2. MacGyver "The Escape" (1986)
3. The Fall Guy "That's Right, We're Bad" (1981)
4. Walker, Texas Ranger - any of these prison episodes

5. Homicide Life On The Street - "Prison Riot " (1996)
6. New York Undercover - "No Place Like Hell" (1997)
7. 7. Oz - all episodes (TV Series 1997–2003)
8. Prison Break - all episodes are rejected
9. Sentinel - Prisoner X

I think that "Matlock", "Walker, Texas Ranger" or "Cobra" TV Series are near truth about "my" episode. But I don't remember any actors. I remember that I saw it at least twice in my life.

There is a similar scene in The Shawshank Redemption, in which a prisoner can prove the innocence of the main character, but the warden has the prisoner killed by a guard.

I do seem to recall another scene from another movie that is more in line with your description, but I can't seem to recall the name.

There is a similar scene in The Shawshank Redemption, in which a prisoner can prove the innocence of the main character, but the warden has the prisoner killed by a guard.
Thank you for your guess, but definitely not "The Shawshank Redemption".

I do seem to recall another scene from another movie that is more in line with your description, but I can't seem to recall the name.
Perhaps it is low-budget movie, but I think that it is rather episode of TV Series, because I watched it definitely twice in my life and it was something like end episode and start next episode and it was very popular TV Series. Unfortunately, it is very foggy for me.

i was thinking the same aswell but i know its not a low budget movie cause it has high rankings

If you think about The Last Castle (2001) - definitely not, because I watched two months ago and only once in my life.

I think that I'm looking for strange episode from very popular 90's TV Series.

An Innocent Man(1989) Tom Selleck flick - the guard is crooked in that one and shoots the hero's buddy. ?
Wow! I didn't know this movie, so it's probably. But I don't recognise nothing connected with long corridor and long-haired blonde man. Are you sure that there is described scene?

I'm sure (I think that 90%) that is something in style TV Series, but it was only one or two episodes connected with prison, so it isn't nothing like Prison Break or Oz.

I refresh my thread.

I think that it could be episode from quite popular TV series from 90's.

I was thinking the Last Castle until you said no.

Could it be ‘Oz’ ? It was a popular prison TV show in the 90’s

Death warrant? It's a van damme movie, so it's not the prison edition of Titanic. A fun flick, and there is lots of denim and violence, from what I remember.

Death warrant? It's a van damme movie, so it's not the prison edition of Titanic. A fun flick, and there is lots of denim and violence, from what I remember.
Thank you for your guess, but I'm sure that it isn't any movie with Van Damme. I watched "Death Warrant" three times in my life. It was something other.

I think that very specific scene was long corridor in a prison (perhaps end or start of episode). Sadistic prison guard was very nice (it was his "game"). He says to blonde-haired man (tall guy, long blonde hair like Jeff Daniels): "You are free", so blonde-haired man goes through long corridor. Then, prison guard shoots in his back and prisoner was killed. It was only one lethal shot. Second prisoner was scared, so prison warden said: "You will be suffered". I don't remember blood, so perhaps it was "censored" version and I'm almost sure that it was TV series.

So was it a movie or tv series? That's important.

There's a YouTube video about short lived sitcoms from the 80s that discusses a similar show.