Roman Polanski: Repulsion and Cul-de-Sac?

Tools    

Which one do you prefer?
25.00%
2 votes
Cul-de-Sac
75.00%
6 votes
Repulsion
8 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I never seen either of them(only Polanski I seen was Rosemary's Baby) but what catches me about those two are that Repulsion had Catherine Deneuve in it, while Cul-de-Sac had her late-too-soon sister Francoise Dorleac. He did not bother to direct them both in one film. He probably would have if only Francoise did not die too early(A year later he lost his own wife to the Manson family). Jacques Demy had to do it for him with The Young Girls of Rochefort.

So Roman Polanski cast the two sisters separately in two different films.
Jacques Demy is kinder than Roman and actually casts them in the same film.

Haven’t seen Repulsion yet, but I thought Cul De Sac was good, not great.

Of course, the real answer is The Tenant
Repulsion is a great movie.

Haven’t seen Repulsion yet, but I thought Cul De Sac was good, not great.

Of course, the real answer is The Tenant

That's kind of unusual for a Tenant fan not to have seen Repulsion. If you liked The Tenant, you're sure to like Repulsion. I prefer The Tenant, though. Interesting anecdote from Repulsion: Polanski said he directed Catherine Deneuve without any makeup. And of course she didn't need any, but that was a wise decision for the film.

The trick is not minding
That's kind of unusual for a Tenant fan not to have seen Repulsion. If you liked The Tenant, you're sure to like Repulsion. I prefer The Tenant, though. Interesting anecdote from Repulsion: Polanski said he directed Catherine Deneuve without any makeup. And of course she didn't need any, but that was a wise decision for the film.

It’s mostly availability. I watch what appears on either Tubi, Netflix or Amazon Prime. I just recently added Criterion, but it isn’t even available there, currently. Eventually, I’ll get to it.