The MoFo Top 100 of the 2010s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Zero Dark Thirty is a fine choice. Nothing about it really stands out to me, then again I haven’t seen even it since it came out.

Haven’t seen The Hunt but I like Mads so I’ll definitely check this out. Damn I was looking for a movie to watch last night too.

The trick is not minding
Haven’t seen Zero Dark Thirty yet, not being a big fan of Bigelow. The Hurt Locker is perhaps her best film.

The Hunt, or Jagten, is my #8.

Zero Dark Thirty would have made my top 50. Excellent lead up to a very intense final act despite knowing what happens. That's a good quality in a film based on true events - recent true events even. Great filmmaking. I liked The Hunt enough but I didn't really see it as anything special. Mofo disagrees with me. I'm fine with that.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I really disliked Zero Dark Thirty. I didn't care for Joker either.

The Hunt is good stuff though. Vinterberg is always good, Mads Mikkelson is always good, put together they couldn't really go wrong. A difficult watch but a worthwhile one.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
My review:

The Hunt (2012)
Jagten (original title)

A grade school teacher goes about his life which is improving since his divorce. Then his world is turned upside down by charges against him of sexual abuse. CR

Great review and thoughts on the film.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Haven't seen either. For whatever reason I haven't really had much interest in seeing Zero Dark Thirty. I have had some mild interest in seeing The Hunt at some point over the years. I suspect it'd probably be one I'd at least enjoy.

I haven't seen the film, so it's harder to think of good hints for films I haven't seen.

I keep wanting to make a joke about what my oblique hint for The Lighthouse would be, but then hold back on the off chance it actually turns out it is the hint.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Double whammy for me The Hunt #5 and Zero Dark Thirty #15.

I think the Hunt gives you such a justice boner that you get physically angry seeing how Lucas is treated by the village, "how can this be happening?" "how will he get out of this?" "Will he be ok in the end?" "what would I do in this situation?" "what would I do if I was one of the villagers, I wouldn't be like them would I?". Really thought provoking and tense movie. I think the ending simply signifies that there will be those few narcissist villagers who refuse to believe they were wrong after they spent so much time gossiping that they just can't let it go.

I'm a stickler for a good Spy film and Zero is great. I think it's the little things that set it apart, like if you watch Homeland the TV show or Bourne, the CIA is always in a high tech studio looking room, here they're shacked up in a dingy looking office in the Pakistan embassy looking like a bunch of tech nerds, no flash suits, messy smelly cells where prisoners shit themselves off to the side of hellhole desert army bases. It's a slow burn methodical hunt driven by one obsessed analyst that culminates in a very tense realistic raid. Seen it a few times and will again.

I can pretty much guarantee this phrase is going to pop into my mind when this kinda thing happens in other films/shows, as it often does.
Actually that's the name of my superhero weapon.

A system of cells interlinked
I was wondering exactly how many posts it takes to drop kick a thread completely into the toilet, and I guess it's three!

Haven't seen either Zero Dark Thirty or The Hunt. Although the latter inspired me to make my YouTube review channel a PG-13 instead of a PG if I get down to see/review it. There'd be no way I could get into some of the subject matter and remain PG.

26/40 seen
3/40 on my ballot

I've seen Moonlight, Favourite, Joker, Inside Out, Zero Dark Thirty, and The Hunt. These are all great movies.Maybe my list is more idiosyncratic than I think or maybe many will be revealed in the coming days. I await the unveiliing with bated breath,

Of the last six, I've seen three. The ones I haven't seen (yet) are The Favourite, Joker, and Zero Dark Thirty. I'd expect to get to all of these eventually.

The three I've seen--Moonlight, Inside Out, and The Hunt--I like reasonably well, though I didn't consider any of them too seriously for my list.

I haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty and not looking forward to watching it anytime soon.

The Hunt is very good but I bet @MovieGal hacked the countdown and tampered with its score to make it place higher.
No tampering with anything.

The truth is in here
I'm starting to worry more about my number 1 choice There have only been 5 movies with less than 100000 imdb votes, and most of those happened early on. I guess acclaim doesn't mean everything.

Jagten is the type of film where you see how small minded a community can be and it brings out the worst of human nature. The issue is Lucas was best friends with Klara's father. Klara, at the age she was, had no sense of the repercussions her words would cause. Klara was seeking attention that she wasn't getting from anyone and didn't understand what her words truly meant.

One of my favorite lines from the film

"We always assume that children don't lie. Unfortunately they lie often."

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I can pretty much guarantee this phrase is going to pop into my mind when this kinda thing happens in other films/shows, as it often does.
You've had loads of justice boners! You just never had a name for it!