Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Gonna finish the Human Condition trilogy today. About halfway through the third, and so far its handling of plot progression and natural scenarios connecting together amplifies its theme delivery.

Great mix. Love Hornblower, absolutely adore the thing.
Do you mean the series?

It’s in my Netflix Q. Looks very good.

Yes, I mean the series. And yes, enjoyed the film quite a lot.
LOVED Hornblower! I have the entire thing on dvd. Seen it probably 3X. IG was so stinkin’ hot in his rôle.

He’s now someone who has been in the sun too much & lost his good looks. I have only liked him in Hornblower.

LOVED Hornblower! I have the entire thing on dvd. Seen it probably 3X. IG was so stinkin’ hot in his rôle.

He’s now someone who has been in the sun too much & lost his good looks. I have only liked him in Hornblower.
Likewise, he looks very different there from his usual demeanour, I’d say. I also have the whole thing on DVD, though hilariously a family friend gifted me a TV during the pandemic that certainly feels smarter than me right now, and even if you can insert a DVD in it, I wouldn’t know how.

Hence off streaming I live.

WW2 film?

Is so, pretty good? You think I would enjoy?
Yea it was good, but I'm not sure cuz I didn't take you as a war film fan. It's not something I would've thought to recommend to you.

Yea it was good, but I'm not sure cuz I didn't take you as a war film fan. It's not something I would've thought to recommend to you.
I guess it depends but here is my WW2 film list on Letterboxd. I haven't updated it in a while.

https://letterboxd.com/moviegal/list/ww2-films/

I like IRA and some Asian war movies. Red Cliff is a favorite.

I guess it depends but here is my WW2 film list on Letterboxd. I haven't updated it in a while.

https://letterboxd.com/moviegal/list/ww2-films/

I like IRA and some Asian war movies. Red Cliff is a favorite.
Looked at the list and I wouldn't think Cross of Iron fits in there.

Yes, I mean the series. And yes, enjoyed the film quite a lot.
LOVED Hornblower! I have the entire thing on dvd.
Nice to see appreciation for the Hornblower series. As a young lad of twelve when this series was just coming out Mr. Hornblower was one of my heroes. Was inspired to read some of the books by C. S. Forester as well which was pretty cool. Favourite episode of the series has to be the first one, 'The Even Chance', which totally blew my mind the first time I saw it. Not so much into some of the later episodes, but overall excellent stuff.

Nice to see appreciation for the Hornblower series. As a young lad of twelve when this series was just coming out Mr. Hornblower was one of my heroes. Was inspired to read some of the books by C. S. Forester as well which was pretty cool. Favourite episode of the series has to be the first one, 'The Even Chance', which totally blew my mind the first time I saw it. Not so much into some of the later episodes, but overall excellent stuff.
As is typical of me, I was obsessed with Dorian Healy/Jack Simpson when I last watched it. The Even Chance is a great episode.

Likewise, he looks very different there from his usual demeanour, I’d say. I also have the whole thing on DVD, though hilariously a family friend gifted me a TV during the pandemic that certainly feels smarter than me right now, and even if you can insert a DVD in it, I wouldn’t know how.

Hence off streaming I live.
I don’t think any tv smart or otherwise has a disc drive.

I’ll probably hate this, but I do love good ole Emma. When she’s not pouncing off a pink boat in Oxford Street, that is.

Oh my God, I bloody love this! Chuck Berry, as one of my friends says. Emma is a rockstar.

Another highlight is a comment on people who do pole dancing to keep fit - laughed very hard, being one of those people.