Alcohol Abuse!

Tools    

Does anybody know of 2 movies that deal with Alcohol Abuse??? I need them for a college assignment........

Thanks,

history *is* moralizing
i know only one as far as i remember right now:
Sixteen Years of Alcohol, Richard Jobson 2003

The Lost Weekend (1945 - Billy Wilder) and Days of Wine and Roses (1962 - Blake Edwards) are the two big classics. The Country Girl (1954 - George Seaton) and A Star is Born (1937 & 1954) too.

More recently, Leaving Las Vegas (1996) of course, 28 Days (2000), When A Man Loves A Woman (1994), Affliction (1997), Barfly (1987), Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966), Under the Volcano (19874), Ironweed (1987), Angela's Ashes (1999), Hoosiers (1986), Jacknife (1989), Sling Blade (1996), Drunks (1995), My Favorite Year (1982) and Arthur (1981). All have either the main character or a key subplot dealing with alcoholism.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

My life isn't written very well.
Clean and Sober

When a Man Loves a Woman

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

And there's a good made-for-TV movie called "My Name Is Bill W." (1989 - Daniel Petrie), starring James Woods, Jim Garner and Gary Sinise. It's about the founding of Alcoholics Anonymous.

*and I love Clean & Sober (1989), very underrated, and Michael Keaton and Kathy Baker are fantastic. But those are all addict/alcoholics, and the emphasis is put much more strongly on the drug addiction (cocaine) than on the alcohol. Just so you know.

yea, definetely do leaving las vegas. Man, i'm never going to Las Vegas ever. Because that was the point of the movie.

Fasten your seat belts...
I know it's been said, but Days of Wine & Roses and When A Man Loves A Woman are the best and most accurate ones I've seen.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
The Lost Weekend (1945 - Billy Wilder) and Days of Wine and Roses (1962 - Blake Edwards) are the two big classics. The Country Girl (1954 - George Seaton) and A Star is Born (1937 & 1954) too.

More recently, Leaving Las Vegas (1996) of course, 28 Days (2000), When A Man Loves A Woman (1994), Affliction (1997), Barfly (1987), Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966), Under the Volcano (19874), Ironweed (1987), Angela's Ashes (1999), Hoosiers (1986), Jacknife (1989), Sling Blade (1996), Drunks (1995), My Favorite Year (1982) and Arthur (1981). All have either the main character or a key subplot dealing with alcoholism.
yah...what he said!!

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Originally Posted by Flasher182
Does anybody know of 2 movies that deal with Alcohol Abuse??? I need them for a college assignment........

Thanks,
Not much I can really add, unless you want to use Rio Bravo and El Dorado, but those are movies where a character just happens to be an alcoholic in them instead of the film revolving around the issue.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201