What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Pre-viewed movie from Walgreens yesterday for a couple of dollars. Gonna be a re-watch.

Three movies one blu ray: Twister, Poseidon and The Perfect Storm. Must have some kind of theme going with them three to put them all on the same disc. Can't wait to see what it is. Haven't seen Poseidon but the other two are guilty pleasures. The ashtray in my car is 8 quarters lighter.

Also landed Burn After Reading and 3:10 to Yuma for a few quarters. 3:10 is an upgrade from dvd.

A three pack of Richard Pryor movies including car wash, see no evil, hear no evil, and stir crazy. I really bought it for stir crazy because I've already seen the other two, but didn't own them. Sadly, stir crazy is not a great movie. From what I've read, it seems he was free basing the entire time until the wee hours of the morning, then showing up in a state that wasn't categorized as crisp.

Today I bought two box sets on blu ray. I got Tony Curtis Collection, which has 40 Pounds of Trouble, The Great Imposter, and The Perfect Furlough. I also got the Deanna Durbin Collection, which has 100 Men and a Girl, 3 Smart Girls Grow Up, and It Started With Eve.

Today I went to Giant Tiger and bought 2 dvds and 4 blu rays. I got:

Airplane and Airplane 2 blu ray
Billy Madison blu ray
Fences blu ray
Primal Fear blu ray
Get on Up dvd
He Said, She Said dvd

I bought them because they were a reasonable price and they have good special features on them.

Yes! I buy DVDs, admittedly they are usually for my mum (she’s got quite the collection), but I do buy (or receive) DVDs for myself.

Although I use things like Netflix and Prime, you don’t get everything on there, and I like to keep my DVDs at my disposal, not just so I’m not limited to streaming services, but also so I don’t have to rely on the internet.

I know I need electricity to play a DVD, but you don’t need WIFI, so it narrows down on what I need to watch something as simple as a film. That, and I can watch it on the telly, not on the laptop.

I understand that people think DVDs will be obsolete one day, and I do agree, but I don’t think it’ll be anytime soon, not until everything is 100% online and it’s not anywhere near to being that way.

“I was cured, all right!”

Musashi's trilogy

Edit: Just noticed that it's called The Samurai Trilogy in USA.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

From Walmart because it's InuYasha.

Do blurays count too? I got total recall 4K steelbook - fantastic.

I bought two dvd box sets today. I got Eddie Murphy 14 film box set and the iconic films of the 80s and 90s 20 film box set. They were on sale at Walmart for $25 each, which works out to less than $2 a movie.

Saw these at my local 7/11 and just had to pick them up!
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage