Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Never heard of this, but Prime has it for streaming so it’s now in my watchlist.
Prime is where I watched it. The documentary takes you down the dark hole that Michael fell into that he apparently couldn't get out of. I always likened him to Jim Morrison from The Doors, but just less controversial. His stage presence and sensuality to be specific are an exact mimic of Morrison's. It makes sense that Oliver Stone actually considered him for the part of Jim in the 1991 biopic before landing on Val Kilmer.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Marnie - 7/10
Not the best paced for a Hitchcock movie. In the first half, I kept saying to myself, "On with it!", but I was still intrigued, especially with the theme, considering it's bizarre for any time period.

Yeah, I finally saw this for the first time a couple of years ago, it was actually better than I expected it to be.

Queen & Slim (2019)

+

Lovers on the run is a familiar storyline and one that I typically like. This one has a different than usual cultural vibe and that's probably the best part of the movie. The two leads are quite good, as is the music and look. There are some tense moments but overall I didn't find it particularly memorable. Worth a watch for sure.

Snooze factor = Zzz

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

Scary Movie 2 (2001)

A guilty pleasure of sorts. Saw it with a bunch of friends when I was younger, so there are jokes in here that still persist today. Definitely the best of the series.

Rise Of The Footsoldier 3: The Pat Tate Story

Moving away from the story of Carlton Leach we go back in time and take a look at the rise of "psychotic yeti" Pat Tate who goes on the run to Marbella after stabbing some poor soul with a fork and fleeing from a court house in his beloved Essex.. in Marbella he decides he wants to be gangster no1 and nobody's going to get in his way.. expect the c word and lots of violence..

Rise Of The Footsoldier 4; Marbella

The thoroughly reprehensible mad man Pat Tate and his awful chums are back in Marbella to find the man who put him in Prison and inflict more violence on anybody who looks at him wrong.. he'll take on the whole world if he has to... except even more c word

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Changeling (2008)

Involving story about murders of children carried out in California (1920s). It also tells of the way the police tried to get around their poor efforts to locate a missing boy by believing the store or a "cuckoo" for some good press. The performances are brilliant (Jolie and Malkovic) and the real-life story itself is pretty jaw-dropping.

“I was cured, all right!”
Scary Movie 2 (2001)

A guilty pleasure of sorts. Saw it with a bunch of friends when I was younger, so there are jokes in here that still persist today. Definitely the best of the series.
The memories of watching this with friends when I was younger are so funny. We still laugh about the day we watched this film together. But I honestly can't remember much. I'll check it again with the same friends, 'cause now that I saw the picture of the butler I got nostalgic - that cake scene and the last scene of the movie...

Re-watch of an excellent movie.

Dazed and Confused (1993)

Great film. Terrific ensemble cast. Epic soundtrack. Unlike a lot teen movies it's not so much a coming of age story or a film where there's lots of crazy adventures; it's more just a snapshot of teen life in 1976, which I found very refreshing. The focus is on the characters, the music and capturing the essence of life at that age in the 1970s. I thoroughly enjoyed spending 90 minutes in the company of these characters, in this setting with such a killer soundtrack.

4/5 Stars

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Rise of the Footsoldier 4: Marbella (Andrew Loveday, 2019)
5.5/10
Peckinpah Suite (Pedro González Bermúdez, 2019)
- 6.5/10
Little Miss Thoroughbred (John Farrow, 1938)
5.5/10
Last Moment of Clarity (Krisel Bros., 2020)
5/10

Something fishy's going on, but who's lying and why?
16 Shots (Rick Rowley, 2019)
6.5/10
Burn Mother****er, Burn! (Sacha Jenkins, 2017)
7/10
Spelling the Dream AKA Breaking the Bee (Sam Rega, 2020)
6.5/10
Ouija Shark (Scott Patrick [Brett Kelly], 2020)
3/10

A flying ghost shark could be considered camp if it weren't so incompetent.
The Control (Eric Schiller & Michael Stasko, 2018)
+ 5/10
Ode to Joy (Jason Winer, 2019)
5.5/10
Road Gang (Louis King, 1936)
+ 5/10
I'm No Longer Here (Fernando Frias, 2019)
6/10

Teenage Colombian cumbia dancer Juan Daniel Garcia Treviño is hangin' in Monterrey, Mexico when he gets in trouble with a cartel and goes to the US.
Walk Away Renee (Jonathan Caouette, 2011)
6/10
MS Slavic 7 (Sofia Bohdanowicz & Deragh Campbell, 2019)
5/10
All Night Long (Basil Dearden, 1962)
+ 6/10
A Song Is Born (Howard Hawksi, 1948)
6.5/10

Hep beauty Virginia Mayo falls for staid musicologist Danny Kaye [naturally] in this remake of Ball of Fire.
Original Cast Album: Company (D.A. Pennebaker, 1970)
6.5/10
Forget Me Not AKA Forever Yours Zoltan Korda, 1936)
5.5/10
Olivia (Jacqueline Audry, 1951)
6/10
The Fearless Hyena (Jackie Chan, 1979)
6./10

Young Jackie Chan gets a haircut in between fighting.

1st Re-watch...I have used the phrase in reviews of other movies and I now realize I was wrong...this is truly a "one of a kind movie experience." I have never seen anything like this and never will. You guys can have your CGI superhero movies, this is art...this is cinematic art. I am upping my original rating.