Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Baby Driver (2017)
4th watch

With a script that’s fast on its feet, visuals that cuts to the beat and car chases with tires that squeak, ‘Baby Driver’ is a winningly childish technical tour de force of a film that has so much fun with its concept that it takes a few watches to catch all the phrases betweeen all the races that you missed the first time around the sound...

You better get ready to gear up and cheer on “Baby” as he shifts in and out of traffic in terrifyingly terrific action sequences that cleanses the soul from the tone deaf trash that keeps crashing onto the movie scene. This is a movie that needs to be seen to be believed to see what was not only dreamed but also achieved because of the brilliance of the people behind the reel.

I guess there’s nothing left than to thank Wright, for the finely tuned driving and dialogue and for turning the entertainment level through the sunroof of a hot red Subaru.

Entertainment-wise it’s both wise and entertaining and for that I give it a favorized rating of...

Requiem For A Dream

damn.

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
But if you know of some great documentaries on society, I (and many others) would appreciate them!
I can recommend you two polish directors, who make awesome document movies: Paweł Łoziński (son of Mracel Łoziński - also a director) and Marcin Koszałka. You might have heared about them as they are quite awarded filmmakers.

There Will Be Blood (2007, Paul Thomas Anderson)

The VVitch (2015)
The scene of the first "actions" of the "entity" are genuinely unsettling. 8.5/10.
I thought so too.

Finally got around watching the film, and I thought it was pretty good. But at the same time, I know why it didn't do so good at the box-office. I bought the Blu-ray when it first came out, but I just wasn't very invested in a young Han Solo movie at all, so I would always put it off on hold for weeks and weeks.

7.5/10

Enjoyed the second half better than the first. Outstanding acting especially from the supporting cast (not that Kirk wasn't good). The scene of the Roman army getting into formation was outstanding. Knowing Kubricks rep for multiple takes that must've taken a few years to get juuuust right.

2 stars for the first 80 minutes, 4.5 for the last 40 minutes of slice and dice. I liked a lot of the dreamy aspects, the superimposing of the faces was a neat effect, but overall it could have been trimmed up a bit. At one point I felt like the whole movie was being filmed in slow motion. One of Cage's better recent outings.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Winter Light - 6.5/10
Bergman could have made this in his sleep... It was on TCM last night, along with "The Silence" which I turned off after 20 minutes, but he's still one of my favorite directors.

Winter Light - 6.5/10
Bergman could have made this in his sleep... It was on TCM last night, along with "The Silence" which I turned off after 20 minutes, but he's still one of my favorite directors.

Two very brilliant movies, IMO. Seen both several times.

Interesting documentary about the many many cats & kittens roaming the Istanbul streets. But very disturbing to anyone practicing TNR of cats. Not a single mention throughout the documentary of spay/neuter. Disturbing in the extreme.

Excellent movie. Robert Pattinson made the movie for me. What an actor!